• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning On Tour

Sun Devil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford Explorer, 2014 Honda Odyssey, 2007 Lexus
My kids are off in college and I'm not bringing the dogs with me on the 4hr drive to the event ... if I can get a confirmation for the upcoming Daytona.
It was a great event and all, especially if you want to see what the Pro is like, but I wouldn't do a 4 hour drive to attend. As some have shared, it is about 45 minutes and that is with me asking all my questions. An hour tops.

They did have an XLT and two Pros doing the ride along. (No Lariat or Platinum.) I stayed until the end and then asked if I could take a second ride in the XLT. They granted it. It was nice to ride in both the Pro and the XLT. However, the only difference between the two on the interior was one was cloth and the other vinyl.
Sponsored

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
It was a great event and all, especially if you want to see what the Pro is like, but I wouldn't do a 4 hour drive to attend. As some have shared, it is about 45 minutes and that is with me asking all my questions. An hour tops.

They did have an XLT and two Pros doing the ride along. (No Lariat or Platinum.) I stayed until the end and then asked if I could take a second ride in the XLT. They granted it. It was nice to ride in both the Pro and the XLT. However, the only difference between the two on the interior was one was cloth and the other vinyl.
Opinion on cloth vs vinyl?

Sun Devil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Opinion on cloth vs vinyl?
It is exactly like an ICE F150. I would encourage you to check them both out at your local dealer. That is the only way you can know which you prefer.

Personally, the vinyl was a lot better than I expected. If I lived in an area where it was muddy or snowed, the vinyl looked like it would hold up the best. The cloth is nice too. Personally, I'm opting for leather unless I come to my senses and settle for an XLT. (I want the ER battery.)

Akhil Gupta

First Name
akhil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
bmw
Occupation
business man
That doesn't surprise me. The tests are standardized.

Tomf

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion energi
Occupation
Construction Operations
Attended the fleet ride along in Seattle today. It was about 2 hours and they had the e transit as well. Display was the rolling chassis and the blue lariat. Not sure what the exact color is but it looked great!

the ride along was with a black pro and a red xlt pulling a 5,500 lb trailer. Also had 2 transits. The truck was faster pulling The trailer than my car is normally but when they take you around the lap in the black pro it’s easily the fastest car I’ve been in. Really puts you back in The seats and very planted.

one of the Ford folks said the trailer doesn’t hit range as much as you might think but no numbers of course.

Sponsored

Sun Devil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Attended the fleet ride along in Seattle today. It was about 2 hours and they had the e transit as well. Display was the rolling chassis and the blue lariat. Not sure what the exact color is but it looked great!

the ride along was with a black pro and a red xlt pulling a 5,500 lb trailer. Also had 2 transits. The truck was faster pulling The trailer than my car is normally but when they take you around the lap in the black pro it’s easily the fastest car I’ve been in. Really puts you back in The seats and very planted.

one of the Ford folks said the trailer doesn’t hit range as much as you might think but no numbers of course.
The trailer is new! They didn't have that in Phoenix. To be clear, were there two lines for the ride along - one with a trailer and one without?

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
The trailer is new! They didn't have that in Phoenix. To be clear, were there two lines for the ride along - one with a trailer and one without?
Phoenix Pro session had a truck with a trailer.

Tomf

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion energi
Occupation
Construction Operations
not really lines just the group. everyone got a turn in the pro driven very fast, the xlt with trailer and an e-transit. It was the pro event.

EDEZ Lightning

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E350
Occupation
Retired
I didn't take the test drive at the SF event (held about 40 miles away from San Francisco), but I did confirm my color choices and trim level. When asked about ordering, the Ford rep told me that the reservation number will dictate when you will receive the order for production. He further told me at other events some folks who had reserved on day one had already received their order form.

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning On Tour Untitled - 1 of 1 (1)

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning On Tour Untitled - 1 of 1

Hemitoeco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep WK Ecodiesel
Well, what color and trim did you confirm?

I didn't take the test drive at the SF event (held about 40 miles away from San Francisco), but I did confirm my color choices and trim level. When asked about ordering, the Ford rep told me that the reservation number will dictate when you will receive the order for production. He further told me at other events some folks who had reserved on day one had already received their order form.

Untitled - 1 of 1 (1).jpeg

Untitled - 1 of 1.jpeg

Sponsored

bboy_72

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning

Untitled - 1 of 1.jpeg
What color is this one here?

bboy_72

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning

Untitled - 1 of 1.jpeg
Interesting. I reserved about 15 minutes after the presentation started. Have not received the form.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired

Untitled - 1 of 1.jpeg
I have not received anything and I submitted my reservation 10 minutes before the event started.

From my experience with the Bronco, I never received an order form but was sent to the Ford Website to place my order. I mean it could be that they have sent order forms to You Tuber's and other Social Media "Stars" as they get priority because it's free advertising. While the rest of us wait or get put at the back of the line.