• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
(Update provided in next post)
I thought I'd post this for those interested and are looking into doing in-person ordering at the dealer after your invite/e-mail is received (for those looking to get a signed/official sales agreement). It has not been a smooth/fast process so far (obviously some kinks to work out). My current status is I am stuck on the step before the last. Details below.

Got my invite like all other wave 1's yesterday afternoon/evening. Sales manager was out until today so couldn't do anything last night. Went up to the dealer today and started the "at store" process. They click a button in the system on their side.. after that you get a little button next to your reservation on the ford site that that says "complete at dealer" or something similar. That doesn't show up until they click something on their side. Click that, answer yes to any prompts the site gives you.

After that the system is supposed to automatically load a default order into their WBDO system (web-based dealer ordering system?). < This matches everything up to this point per the leaked playbook and the dealer is now supposed to modify that default build to match what you actually want, you then sign a sales agreement and pay a deposit, they click submit for scheduling, and boom your done and your truck is ordered.

The step before the last is where I am hung up right now. Per the Sales manager, I talked to in person, the WBDO hasn't been loaded with a modifiable/default order yet that he needs to be there so he can change it to match what I actually want. He said he saw this with the Broncos before where it takes a few hours to a day for the information to come over and load in. I'll post again when I have another update.

For awareness this is what I am seeing on my reservation page (screenshot below). That's a picture of the default build the build guide mentioned (black XLT) - obviously not what I want (and is what the dealer must change in their WBDO, when they can access it). Also below that is the page out of the playbook I was speaking to above, for reference.

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning - In-Person / At Dealer Order Process 1641584655804

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning - In-Person / At Dealer Order Process 1641584696648
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Griddlez

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Update -
Got an e-mail from Ford 5-6 hours later saying my order was confirmed. Got contacted shortly after by the dealer who said they submitted the order and sent me a pdf of the order submission (shown below). I have to go back up there tomorrow and sign and give them my 1000$ 500$ deposit but ultimately at this point the order is now in Ford's hands.

Also I don't think I saw anyone posting about exactly what the confirmation e-mail says but I have included that below as well. Across all the screenshots there are some interesting tidbits of info about timing and production. And lastly, confirmed, you can no longer "track it" by going to your reservation page (the first screen shot below) but looks like the e-mails do that for you now when the status changes.

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning - In-Person / At Dealer Order Process 1641600225260

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning - In-Person / At Dealer Order Process 1641599556291

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning - In-Person / At Dealer Order Process 1641599228479

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning - In-Person / At Dealer Order Process 1641599766724

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning - In-Person / At Dealer Order Process 1641599824543

Last edited:

JustaProGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Update -
Got an e-mail from Ford 5-6 hours later saying my order was confirmed. Got contacted shortly after by the dealer who said they submitted the order and sent me a pdf of the order submission (shown below). I have to go back up there tomorrow and sign and give them my 1000$ deposit but ultimately at this point the order is now in Ford's hands.

Also I don't think I saw anyone posting about exactly what the confirmation e-mail says but I have included that below as well. Across all the screenshots there are some interesting tidbits of info about timing and production. And lastly, confirmed, you can no longer "track it" by going to your reservation page (the first screen shot below) but looks like the e-mails do that for you now when the status changes.

1641600225260.png

1641599556291.png

1641599228479.png

1641599766724.png

1641599824543.png
Thanks for the information very useful. I have another twist which I'll post about Monday hopefully. I did the online order, and I helped my dealer approve, my dealer and I are planning to go over everything in WBDO on Monday, and sign a purchase agreement. It's mine and the dealers understanding that changes can be made up until production scheduling in WBDO, we will see.

OP
OP
Griddlez

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for the information very useful. I have another twist which I'll post about Monday hopefully. I did the online order, and I helped my dealer approve, my dealer and I are planning to go over everything in WBDO on Monday, and sign a purchase agreement. It's mine and the dealers understanding that changes can be made up until production scheduling in WBDO, we will see.
I've heard the same thing so I think you're good.

idahospud

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lighting, Indian Roadmaster
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate
This process matched my experience exactly.

Sponsored

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Dealer went through an ownership change. Stuck at the point where dealer needs my consent in the system. My reservation has disappeared from my viewable portal, no email from Ford to provide the consent (also checked the SPAM folder) and still waiting on Ford customer service to fix this.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Dealer went through an ownership change. Stuck at the point where dealer needs my consent in the system. My reservation has disappeared from my viewable portal, no email from Ford to provide the consent (also checked the SPAM folder) and still waiting on Ford customer service to fix this.
Dealer, with the help of a Ford zone rep, got the order taken care of as a manual order from the dealership. All is good and now for the 20+ week wait for the truck!
Sponsored