• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning Build & Price for Canada?

Lui

First Name
lui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 lightning

Same to me here in Toronto, no email from ford, no waves, just got a call from the dealer. I ordered it same day of opening (Jan 08). They told me they r not sure if i will get a MY2022 since they estimate they will receive only 3 to 5 units for this year. They told me i have good chances since i ordered it first and my reservation number is low (10816xxx). They told me there is no prioritizing in Canada, just whoever order them first (reservation holders). They told me they will probably accept only 20 orders for this year since they feel only few of them will get 2022 model. They will know about production around May, and if chosen then August/September delivery. If not selected then i will get a MY2023 sometime in Feb/March (estimate) 2023

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Build & Price for Canada? Screenshot_20220114-082431
Sponsored

jrobi

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
I ordered today, #4 at my dealer and they have an allocation of 5 (apparently). Lariat with 511A package, no promise of delivery timelines but when I said three years they laughed so there's something at least.

Does anyone have any experience with backing out of a deal before delivery? I don't expect to need to, but if life changes or who knows what.... I would imagine the dealer would be more than happy to refund the deposit and sell the truck to someone else. Looking for a sanity check on my thinking.

pbd05

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 F150 XTR, '22 Lighting Lariat ER & SR
Does anyone have any experience with backing out of a deal before delivery? I don't expect to need to, but if life changes or who knows what.... I would imagine the dealer would be more than happy to refund the deposit and sell the truck to someone else. Looking for a sanity check on my thinking.
I asked this question today to my dealer rep when he called me about placing my order. His answer was that they would be looking for $1k down, which was non-refundable if I decided to cancel. I wasn't totally shocked at this since I heard similar reports. However, I've got the same train of thought as you where they would love if you cancelled so you could have one on their lot.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
I asked this question today to my dealer rep when he called me about placing my order. His answer was that they would be looking for $1k down, which was non-refundable if I decided to cancel. I wasn't totally shocked at this since I heard similar reports. However, I've got the same train of thought as you where they would love if you cancelled so you could have one on their lot.
They’d have one to sell and have your deposit. Win win.

pbd05

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I got a call from my dealer earlier today to place my order. I'm first in line, and they're only getting 3. I have to pick between an XLT extended range, Lariat standard range, and Lariat extended range. I've got some pondering to do, but I'm not really considering the standard range. I'll have to decide if the $15k or so upcharge is worth it for Lariat vs. XLT. He expects deliveries to happen in the early fall. He also mentioned that Ford is making them put the 1 year no sell clause in the contract (which is actually optional).

Sponsored

jrobi

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Interesting, I was told verbally that there would be a 6 month or 15,000km agreement for no resale. And a "preference" to wait a year. Nothing was presented at the time of ordering so I expect to see something at or closer to delivery.
As far as the backing out of the order, were there reports of dealers approaching people to back out along with a payment to coax them to do so? I might have been imagining that, but holding the deposit would seem like a departure from that approach. Probably varies quite a bit by dealer. I was told (again verbally only), that if I decided against taking delivery the $1000 would be refundable and they would be happy to do it.

pbd05

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think the deposit part will vary quite a bit by dealer. Some were looking for $5k down non-refundable. The 6 month or 15k km clause is standard for all other F150's (and likely the rest of the Ford lineup), so that's likely the bare minimum.

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
Some of you are putting a $5000 non refundable deposit down on a truck with no delivery date? Are you nuts?

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
My dealers says they don't know until next week how many they are getting to convert to orders. I am in BC

jfried

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Reserved, 2022 Platinum on Order
Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Build & Price for Canada? 1642215860158

Stupid question -- does this mean that I can order? I reserved on May 19th... I have been on my ford dealer for the last week asking for info about what place in line I am, and getting nowhere with them other than "probably 2023".

Sponsored

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
1642215860158.png

Stupid question -- does this mean that I can order? I reserved on May 19th... I have been on my ford dealer for the last week asking for info about what place in line I am, and getting nowhere with them other than "probably 2023".
No it apparently doesn't.
I just got an email from my dealer after I asked if they had an update. He said he has a meeting with ford next week to find out how many they are getting for the year.

Lui

First Name
lui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 lightning
I ordered today, #4 at my dealer and they have an allocation of 5 (apparently). Lariat with 511A package, no promise of delivery timelines but when I said three years they laughed so there's something at least.

They don't know the allocation. So if they told u a number is just pure estimation. They told me they don't know how many they get but likely only 3 to 5, or less. Canada is not priority so all depends of the order in line. My reservation is 10816xxx so i have a good shot at a MY2022. Also depends of how good is the conversion rate in US, they estimate 80% reservation holders will flip it into an order so the higher the percentage the lower the chances to get a 22 model. Only 30k units will be produced for US and CAN for 2022. Fleet orders r priority (they r not included in the reservation #s), EV states priority (US), early reservation priority and how big and profitable is the dealer. If u have a reservation # higher than 1084xxx just forget it for this year.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
They don't know the allocation. So if they told u a number is just pure estimation. They told me they don't know how many they get but likely only 3 to 5, or less. Canada is not priority so all depends of the order in line. My reservation is 10816xxx so i have a good shot at a MY2022. Also depends of how good is the conversion rate in US, they estimate 80% reservation holders will flip it into an order so the higher the percentage the lower the chances to get a 22 model. Only 30k units will be produced for US and CAN for 2022. Fleet orders r priority (they r not included in the reservation #s), EV states priority (US), early reservation priority and how big and profitable is the dealer. If u have a reservation # higher than 1084xxx just forget it for this year.
Where has it been announced that they are doing 30K units this year?

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Unless it’s different in Canada the reservation numbers are random based on server and region etc. They don’t mean anything and have zero correlation to time stamp.