• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning Build & Price for Canada?

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
What made you choose the drop in vs spray? I'm trying to find some info on the two and haven't had much luck.

The inboxes therapy demo had spray in, so I was planning on opting for that.
The main difference is that a drop-in you can slide things on as it is plastic. A spray in is more of a textured rubber so sliding things is pretty much out of the question.

I plan on getting mine with nothing and taking it to lineX to get it sprayed on. Factory bedliner is only a 3 year warranty, lineX is lifetime.
Sponsored

pbd05

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 F150 XTR, '22 Lighting Lariat ER & SR
What made you choose the drop in vs spray? I'm trying to find some info on the two and haven't had much luck.

The inboxes therapy demo had spray in, so I was planning on opting for that.
My first truck had a drop in, which I got use to. The truck after that had a Ford factory spray in liner which I was never fond of. I found the drop in liner to be easier to clean and tougher than the spray on. Even with the spray on liner, it's easier to dent the box if you drop something heavy into it. I do like the look of the spray in liner more than the plastic drop in though.

The other thing to keep in mind is that the spray in liners have a tendency to grip or hold material that you place into the box. This prevents stuff from moving around while you're driving. I personally like that the drop in allows stuff to slide which makes loading/unloading easier.

tkittlitz

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14Ram1500ED, 20FordEscapeHybrid, 22LightningOrder
I'm #1 in line at my dealer in Fort Sask, Alberta. Order placed yesterday. the guys at Heartland Ford have been great to deal with. No ADM.
Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Build & Price for Canada? Screenshot_1

T i h o r

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Self Employed
The main difference is that a drop-in you can slide things on as it is plastic. A spray in is more of a textured rubber so sliding things is pretty much out of the question.

I plan on getting mine with nothing and taking it to lineX to get it sprayed on. Factory bedliner is only a 3 year warranty, lineX is lifetime.
I was opting for Ford's spray in as I thought it would be a cleaner job as it's done at the factory itself, vs after the face - however, I never thought about the warranty aspect of the work. I plan on keeping this truck indefinitely, so there is definitely some allure with a lifetime warranty.

Is anyone aware if this something that can be reapplied/touched up down the road?

T i h o r

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Self Employed
Just as a datapoint.

Reservation # 108191XX and I was on the top of the list at Colony Fold Lincoln in Brampton.

I've heard that the reservation numbers aren't sequential though, so if that's the case then just disregard that! haha

Sponsored

pbd05

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 F150 XTR, '22 Lighting Lariat ER & SR
I was opting for Ford's spray in as I thought it would be a cleaner job as it's done at the factory itself, vs after the face - however, I never thought about the warranty aspect of the work. I plan on keeping this truck indefinitely, so there is definitely some allure with a lifetime warranty.

Is anyone aware if this something that can be reapplied/touched up down the road?
Line-X is probably your best bet here as it can be repaired. My 2012 F150 has a factory spray in liner in it and I find it very soft. It had chunks missing out of it when I bought it. I'm sure a decade has brought some improvement to the formula, but I'd go with a good local Line-X installer for similar (if not cheaper) cost.

T i h o r

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Self Employed
Line-X is probably your best bet here as it can be repaired. My 2012 F150 has a factory spray in liner in it and I find it very soft. It had chunks missing out of it when I bought it. I'm sure a decade has brought some improvement to the formula, but I'd go with a good local Line-X installer for similar (if not cheaper) cost.
Appreciate the feedback. I'm in Brampton, so there's actually a few Line-X shops in the GTA I can choose from. Had no idea this was even a thing up until a day ago! lol

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
So my dealer put my order through (they still have no idea how many they are getting for May build).
They told me if I want it sooner than later to avoid the platinum trim so I ended up ordering the 511A (lariat high) with max tow. Not too concerned as it means the truck is $11k cheaper ?

Going to get the line-x done myself as I've read it is a much better coating than the factory one (and much better warranty as well).

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
So my dealer put my order through (they still have no idea how many they are getting for May build).
They told me if I want it sooner than later to avoid the platinum trim so I ended up ordering the 511A (lariat high) with max tow. Not too concerned as it means the truck is $11k cheaper ?

Going to get the line-x done myself as I've read it is a much better coating than the factory one (and much better warranty as well).
Interesting. First I’ve heard of a specific trim causing a delay in build date.

Sponsored

jfried

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Reserved, 2022 Platinum on Order
Is a “no sell contract” for a year or whatever duration or mileage, even legally enforceable?

i suppose that dealer could refuse service or warranty work, but it seems like a bluff that wouldn’t have any legal standing. Speculating entirely as a non-lawyer....
With great expense.

In Ontario...

They'd sue you for breach of contract. In that contract, they'd have to establish damages... I'm not sure how the dealer can really prove damages by it being sold.

Ultimately, they could put in a clause which states that you must pay the dealer anything you make on the car (as they were "damaged" by not being able to sell it to that person originally). For that clause to stand, it would have to be established that this penalty is a genuine pre-estimate of the damages incurred if the contract is breached.

Basically: They've gotta find out about it. They've gotta find out what you sold it for. They've gotta sue you for the difference. In court, they've gotta either prove their damages, or that the specified "damage" clause was a genuine pre-estimate of damages.

Bottom Line: On a $600k Ford GT being applied for, put into specific hands, and sold for $1m+, might be worth pursuing the fight. On a $100k pickup that somebody flipped to make $15k on... it's just not worth the fight.

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Interesting. First I’ve heard of a specific trim causing a delay in build date.
Maybe they are saying it as they are having trouble getting any platinum ICE trucks in. Since I reserved the lightning in May, I have been looking at their f150 stock every week or so, and have only seen 1 platinum f150 that lasted for not even 1 week.

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Lincoln navigator, 2024 F150 Lightning
Just heard from my dealership in Alberta, he told me they have been allocated 9 units for entire MY2022 and that was the largest allocation in the region.

NickG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Lexus RX450H, 2006 Honda Accord V6
Looks like the Build & Price on Ford.ca is finally up and running.
Sponsored