• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning Build & Price for Canada?

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
They don't know the allocation. So if they told u a number is just pure estimation. They told me they don't know how many they get but likely only 3 to 5, or less. Canada is not priority so all depends of the order in line. My reservation is 10816xxx so i have a good shot at a MY2022. Also depends of how good is the conversion rate in US, they estimate 80% reservation holders will flip it into an order so the higher the percentage the lower the chances to get a 22 model. Only 30k units will be produced for US and CAN for 2022. Fleet orders r priority (they r not included in the reservation #s), EV states priority (US), early reservation priority and how big and profitable is the dealer. If u have a reservation # higher than 1084xxx just forget it for this year.
Don't forget there is also ZEV mandates in Canada. I know BC has a min amount for 2025, so it would be in their best interest to get a head start and vehicles out on the streets so they get attention and help with sales. I know locally there are a lot of MachE available (and the turnover on them is fast so they are getting a lot of them).

But yes at the moment they don't know how many they are getting. My dealer told me they will know next week how many.
Sponsored

OP
OP

speedy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline, Toyota Highlander, Mazda miata
Is a “no sell contract” for a year or whatever duration or mileage, even legally enforceable?

i suppose that dealer could refuse service or warranty work, but it seems like a bluff that wouldn’t have any legal standing. Speculating entirely as a non-lawyer....

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
I've always heard 15k was the target for 2022 MY.
Based on the interview with Palmer, those numbers are incorrect at this point. However he won't provide the correct numbers as they are company secrets. Keep in mind thats for the US though... not sure about Canada.

Last edited:

NickG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Lexus RX450H, 2006 Honda Accord V6
Don't forget there is also ZEV mandates in Canada. I know BC has a min amount for 2025, so it would be in their best interest to get a head start and vehicles out on the streets so they get attention and help with sales. I know locally there are a lot of MachE available (and the turnover on them is fast so they are getting a lot of them).

But yes at the moment they don't know how many they are getting. My dealer told me they will know next week how many.
Weird that your dealer isn’t aware of their allocation? My dealer called me on December 23rd as they had been officially allocated 4 orders. Called me to let me know as I was #1 on the dealer’s list(reservation confirmed 10 mins into the Livestream in May).

Last edited:

fubar79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning XLT ER
Ordered an XLT with ER yesterday. Not sure if my dealer has even processed it. Deposit was made to them, and they are going to put in the order.
I asked if I would be in wave 1 or 2, and she wasn't sure.
Apparently I was in the top 5 of 160 Pre-orders. Wait and see i guess...

Sponsored

playjack

First Name
jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
Occupation
industrial eqpt sales
got a call from my dealer yesterday at 1:48 pm and ask me to come over. got my order done last night. Got lariat ER + AT tire, spray bed liner, no carpet match floor mat (I figure lariat has black interior & likely floor mat is black too-worst case different shade of black/gray is OK with me) & wheel locks = $102.5K Ouch! a little stretch but YOLO + i am in my late 50's so just splurge it!

$1000 deposit and refundable. they will be happy for me to back off as they can flip & can put higher mark-up than my deposit. I didn't get ADM -kudos to them! Dealer can't promise time of delivery but estimate either late summer or late in the year IF my options will amass enough volume & ford has all the parts that it gets scheduled in production.
One salesman said however that likely XLT orders will have more chance to proceed because it uses less chips which i'm not sold on this. I still think Ford will order high end chips than low end to produce higher end models as they have higher mark-ups. its all about money u know...LOL.

i reserve first thing next morning after the reveal night - I got sidetracked & forget about the announcement but good thing it was mentioned on the radio & I have to physically stop my car safely to order!. i thought i will be like 5th or maybe as far back as 8th, like a couple of guys in this forum but from smaller US city. But when I call dealer Mid December & inquire about my queue, the assigned salesman says i am 41st(?) and i should get a notice to order around end of January(i know right) as Ford Canada is not ready yet. Am disappointed but they say my number is "good" & should get my truck on 1st year of manufacture. I have doubts because there are over 3000 dealers in US alone & the rumor of 15,000 units for the 1st year, i have no chance of getting my truck this yr with a 41st queue. i am really bothered why i am so far back 41st as i thought then it is 1st come 1st serve - but a few forum people here are saying there isn't a prioritization or at least ford may not practically able to enforce. Come January 5th, no emails from Ford and saw some folks in US are starting to order ( I was not aware of this thread then). So I phoned again but ask for another salesman and inquired again for my queue just to test their consistency & this time i got 44th. Hmmm, i figure that can't be right or maybe there were 3 transfers that has earlier time stamp (I didn't know at the time that you can't transfer in Canada & there might be no prioritization). I hit a road block I thought but then the idea came.... I texted the 2nd salesman last Wednesday a.m. and ask (actually more of a respectful diplomatic demand) why my queue changed. I did not get an answer until a call Friday at 1:48pm from 1st salesman telling me that I am OK to order now as "they say before" ;-).

i am not sure if i will get a call to order last friday afternoon if I didn't question why my queue changed or just simply I am really one of the few early reservations that needed to be called anyways.
The manager at the dealer treats me professionally & very helpful. He was proud that they are not having ADM and even showed me the Ford invoice to them & my cost which are identical. I actually liked him. I never owned a Ford b4. I am a GM & Nissan customer. In fact I was lucky to have a Chevy RST reservation as well as the lower end silverado EV. This is my plan B if Lightning went south.

hope my experience help some of you guys get your Lightning sooner! Good Luck!

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
I have a feeling there are a lot of Canadian dealers converting orders even though they have no idea how many they are actually getting. I asked my dealer on Friday and they arent converting orders yet as they don't know how many they are getting. If you are actually 44th, there is likely no way that you will get a MY22 truck due to the way ford is handling it. I dont think my dealer is lying as he also said that I was on front of him to order (sales manager).

Lui

First Name
lui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 lightning
I have a feeling there are a lot of Canadian dealers converting orders even though they have no idea how many they are actually getting. I asked my dealer on Friday and they arent converting orders yet as they don't know how many they are getting. If you are actually 44th, there is likely no way that you will get a MY22 truck due to the way ford is handling it. I dont think my dealer is lying as he also said that I was on front of him to order (sales manager).
Exactly that what it is in Canada. They r just receiving orders without knowing what's going on. I have a contact in ford and he told me there is no priorities or waves or invitations in Canada. It will depends only of how soon u ordered and the number of ur reservation. Reservation #s r not random. First hr reservation holders have 1080xxx numbers. Late "partiers" have 1090xxx +

Lui

First Name
lui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 lightning
Weird that your dealer isn’t aware of their allocation? My dealer called me on December 23rd as they had been officially allocated 4 orders. Called me to let me know as I was #1 on the dealer’s list(reservation confirmed 10 mins into the Livestream in May).
U will probably will get a MY2022. But about the allocation is pure BS they don't know yet. For sure less than 5. They will know around the time the waves in US r closed or March. Right now ford is figuring out popular models, demand and priorities. After that they will let the dealer know.

Sponsored

Ccarm6

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future F150 Lightning
They double the target so it is 30k for MY2022
Wrong. Target doubled for MY2023, no one from ford has mentioned doubling the target for this calendar year. Also, plenty of threads on this forum documenting randomness of reservation number.

Lavaorange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Miata, Lightning Lariat
Anyone in the Vancouver area ordering Rapid Red on their Lariat or Platinum? Interesting that in Canada, the red is not available on the XLT. I'm a sucker for a nice red on a vehicle. My last truck was a red quartz diesel Canyon. Loved it, especially on a sunny day.

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Build & Price for Canada? vehicle.pn

Lui

First Name
lui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 lightning
Wrong. Target doubled for MY2023, no one from ford has mentioned doubling the target for this calendar year. Also, plenty of threads on this forum documenting randomness of reservation number.
Wrong again. I was told by an insider at ford that 30k is the new target this year.

Ccarm6

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future F150 Lightning
Wrong again. I was told by an insider at ford that 30k is the new target this year.
In that case I would absolutely love to be wrong :) would love an even better chance to get a MY2022. As far as I’ve read up online, I believe that would be info not known by the general public.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Unless it’s Ford corporate… I don’t trust it.
Sponsored