• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning Build & Price for Canada?

pbd05

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 F150 XTR, '22 Lighting Lariat ER & SR
Just got off the phone with my dealer. Taking orders for 5-8 allocations, but can't state where I would be in those allocations. Asking for a $13K dealer markup on the truck. I declined to order.

Too late to switch dealers now I would imagine, and I bet most around here are doing the same thing.
Care to share which dealer is adding a markup? Shouldn't be an issue to change reservations around, it might push you into another wave depending on the dealer though.
Sponsored

Magnus74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf Sportwagen
Care to share which dealer is adding a markup? Shouldn't be an issue to change reservations around, it might push you into another wave depending on the dealer though.
Glenoak Westshore. Do I call Ford Canada about shifting the reservation?

I thought it was odd he couldn't tell me where I was in the allocations.

Lavaorange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Miata, Lightning Lariat
With the liberals luxury tax being considered, could add 20% to an optioned lariat if I read the tax info correctly. Looking through the pricing if I go through with this xlt with most boxes checked will be my choice
My interpretation of the coming luxury tax is there will be an added 20% on the amount over $100K, so if the build is $102,000 the luxury tax is only $400 (.20 x $2,000).

pbd05

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 F150 XTR, '22 Lighting Lariat ER & SR
Glenoak Westshore. Do I call Ford Canada about shifting the reservation?

I thought it was odd he couldn't tell me where I was in the allocations.
I looked around really quick to find the number, without luck. I've seen it posted a few times in the past though. It might be under frequently asked questions at Ford.

Magnus74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf Sportwagen
I looked around really quick to find the number, without luck. I've seen it posted a few times in the past though. It might be under frequently asked questions at Ford.
Maybe the better question for me to ask is if there are any dealers on Vancouver Island or in Vancouver that anyone knows of not marking up the price? If not, the point is moot.

Sponsored

Lavaorange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Miata, Lightning Lariat
Maybe the better question for me to ask is if there are any dealers on Vancouver Island or in Vancouver that anyone knows of not marking up the price? If not, the point is moot.
Call Kenny at Mainland Ford in Surrey. No ADM.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Just got off the phone with my dealer. Taking orders for 5-8 allocations, but can't state where I would be in those allocations. Asking for a $13K dealer markup on the truck. I declined to order.

Too late to switch dealers now I would imagine, and I bet most around here are doing the same thing.
Too late for wave one I’m sure but probably get ya in wave two. Call and switch! I’m guessing they just don’t want to tell you. If they say in 6 months you would change dealers. If there is a chance to get it sooner you might stay and pay ADM.

Lavaorange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Miata, Lightning Lariat
Heated steering wheel is standard on all Canadian Lightnings, according to the build/price PDF in post #12 supplied by lavaorange
Correct. Thanks for pointing that out. My rep didn't know either.

duallyben

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-600, 2021 RAM 5500, 2019 int HV507 4X4
Occupation
self employeed
I haven't looked too close at the luxury tax as I didn't think it would be something I needed to worry about.
The only reason I liked the lariat was blue cruise, but from what I hear that will be subscription based. $20k more I don't see that value in what you get either. That's my opinion, and I expect you to have your own for your own reasons. I also keep in mind that I probably will be upgrading in 5 or so years as technology and range will be significantly better.

If you get your early congrats

Magnus74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf Sportwagen
Kenny was good, no ADM, but switching dealers is not possible. Time for me to move on. $95K including the ADM is way too rich for an XLT in my opinion. I would love the truck, but not so invested I can't walk away. I wish I had done my homework on which dealership to go with when I placed my reservation.

Sponsored

Lavaorange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Miata, Lightning Lariat
Kenny was good, no ADM, but switching dealers is not possible. Time for me to move on. $95K including the ADM is way too rich for an XLT in my opinion. I would love the truck, but not so invested I can't walk away. I wish I had done my homework on which dealership to go with when I placed my reservation.
Sorry to hear that. Ford Canada say you can't switch?

Magnus74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf Sportwagen
Sorry to hear that. Ford Canada say you can't switch?
I've reached out to Ford Canada but haven't heard from them. Kenny said that he couldn't help me if the reservation wasn't made there, but was willing to place an order with no ADM for a 2025. By that time there should be several options for me to pick from.

Lavaorange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Miata, Lightning Lariat
I've reached out to Ford Canada but haven't heard from them. Kenny said that he couldn't help me if the reservation wasn't made there, but was willing to place an order with no ADM for a 2025. By that time there should be several options for me to pick from.
2025.... OMG?‍♂

21PlatPB

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Volvo XC60 PHEV, 2021 GT500, 2015 Hellcat
I knew I should have ordered with them, didn't think about it until after, and picked another dealer. Hopefully the dealer I picked won't be doing ADMs either.