• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Georgia Lift / Level / Rake

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150, Soon to be 2021 hybrid
Lift leaving the rake? Forgive my ignorance, But got one coming soon and trying to decide what to do., When I was a youngster, and gas was cheaper, my truck was big leveled with heavy mud tires and slightly (4") lifted.
My current truck has been a street tire unleveled largely highway travel vehicle.
I got the power boost ordered, and want to make the most of that..., hope to have decent gas mileage. That said.., Looking to go somewhere in between...
Looking at the trucks that people put on here.... I could just level the truck and put a little bigger a/t's...
I guess my question comes down to what most decreases fuel economy, heavier tires, wind resistance, weight, but I don't mind factory rake on the truck, it doesn't have to be leveled,
But I do want a little bigger stance and bigger factory tires all around. Is there option to raise the back end a couple inches and the front end a couple less inches but leaving the rake?
Would leaving the rake not help maintain highway fuel economy?
Sponsored

Rafi M

First Name
Raphael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Leadfoot f150 crew cab 4x4 3.5EB
For MPG’s it will definitely be the tire that will make the biggest difference, the main reason for leveling would be because of looks and also to be able to fit a larger tire, but leveling on its own won’t make a difference in MPG.
When it comes to tire choice, both size/weight and also the type of tire play a role, heavier beefier tire will eat more MPG.
If you intend on staying with factory wheels you can fit 34s and 35s on with a level amd if you put something the an aggressive A/T tire on (KO2, falken wildpeak, toyo AT3...)
You would probably lose 2-3 MPG on the highway and 1-2 MPG in the city.
Going with the bigger tire will be the biggest hit of course.
Also when you are going to those size tires most of them
Are E rated which is what makes them so heavy.
I lost about 2 MPG on the highway with my 2018 once I leveled and put aggressive 33s on, tomorrow I’m taking my 2021 to get a 2.5 inch level and install 34” KO2 tires, so I will report the new MPG after a few days of driving it.

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
I can't remember the thread, but I read that someone else leveled the truck and didn't lose any mpgs. They kept the same tires. If I wasn't towing I'd lower the back to level it, since I don't want any larger tires installed. My dad did that with his 2014.

Aphillipz76

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum
I’m looking at doing something similar. I refuse to give up comfort and gas mileage. I’m going to go with terra grapplers in non LTs. They weigh about the same as the hancooks but have a more aggressive tread. Unfortunately, non LT doesn’t come in the exact size I’m looking for which would be the 295/60… I’m stuck between the 275/65 34x11ish and the 305/55 33x12.5ish… Given I’ll be going with a +1 offset wheel, I’m thinking the 275/65s will work. That offset will push the wheels out so I won’t need the wider tire. The 350/55 with a +1 offset I think would have a lot of poke. I’m thinking I’ll level with the fox kit.

I know I’ll lose a little with the loft but hopefully not much given the tires won’t be but a couple of lbs more…
Sponsored