Sponsored

Lift/Level, have you re-aligned your cruise control module?

jrhoops

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 SCREW, 35L-PB
Occupation
IT
Are there any other systems besides cruise control that depend on the original rake? I got all those smarts in the truck and don't want to lose things like lane keep etc if it's all dependent on factory suspension / angles.
circling back to this, I was able to retest the system again on a better stretch of highway and all systems seemed to function as they did before. ccm might run a little closer on the closest setting and lane keep may feel a little twitchier but it did keep the lane. I was not overly enthused by lane keep anyway, I had only ever used at as a "hey jesus take the wheel I need to look away for 3 seconds max" so what I am feeling might be related to 12" wide tires.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Doyouevenboost

Doyouevenboost

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Subaru, 21 f150 502a ecoboost
Occupation
Utility maintenance worker
Are there any other systems besides cruise control that depend on the original rake? I got all those smarts in the truck and don't want to lose things like lane keep etc if it's all dependent on factory suspension / angles.
Just Headlamps/ foglamps

jcaspar

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4
Great info. Very helpful. Appreciate the post.

Mrvp83

First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Fx4
Occupation
Constrution
I got the 4” lift with 35s I got my truck Recalibrated from the dealer. Help with your Speedo. I though they would have adjusted the lights but they didn’t I’ll have to do that later myself

Sponsored

JeremyMTB

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Raptor, 2022 Platinum on Order
Occupation
Self Employed
I'm writing this/ including this information because this could potentially be a safety issue for you while using adaptive/intelligent cruise control.
When I checked mine after a 2" level and 285/65r20's, my cruise control module alignment was off by a full bubble. It is a very easy procedure to do as long as you have an E-7 inverted torx socket, a combo square and level ground.

1. Place the vehicle on a wheel alignment bay station.
  2. Release the clips and remove the CCM front bumper trim cover.
Ford F-150 Lift/Level, have you re-aligned your cruise control module? {filename}
Ford F-150 Lift/Level, have you re-aligned your cruise control module? {filename}
  1. Locate the CCM alignment screw.
  1. NOTE: Measurement must be taken from the non-raised side of the CCM (cruise control module).
    Place a combination square level on the face of the CCM and check the alignment.
  1. NOTE: Measurement must be taken from the non-raised side of the CCM (cruise control module).
    Keeping the combination square level on the face of the CCM, adjust the pitch by adjusting the screw until the CCM is vertical and level.
  1. Install the CCM front bumper trim cover.
A non argumentative question. Do you know of the sensor was level before the lift? I am wondering if we are better off setting it back to what it was or to level.

WRS

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Aviation
Great Info, thanks for posting. Amazing to read someone arguing with a Ford Tech about performing a procedure just to argue. Must have stayed at Holiday inn last night!

OP
OP
Doyouevenboost

Doyouevenboost

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Subaru, 21 f150 502a ecoboost
Occupation
Utility maintenance worker
A non argumentative question. Do you know of the sensor was level before the lift? I am wondering if we are better off setting it back to what it was or to level.
I did not check the module before I leveled my truck.

RightOnScotty

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Thanks a lot for this info. My ACC has been working fine after my 2" leveling kit, but I wanted to cure the "ping pong" effect with the lane assist and heard this would help out. I'm going to do this procedure today and see if that will do the trick!

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
This argument is like saying “Please don’t re-aim your headlights, since they still light the road”. The CCM still works, but maybe it will work “better”.

PSA on headlight aiming though:
I love having lifted/leveled trucks behind me, x-raying my brain. I always know who the “real men” are. The ones blinding everyone else on the road, and the ones you can hear 3 miles away. Those guys are so badass.
Sponsored