Sponsored

Lift/Level, have you re-aligned your cruise control module?

Doyouevenboost

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Subaru, 21 f150 502a ecoboost
Occupation
Utility maintenance worker
I'm writing this/ including this information because this could potentially be a safety issue for you while using adaptive/intelligent cruise control.
When I checked mine after a 2" level and 285/65r20's, my cruise control module alignment was off by a full bubble. It is a very easy procedure to do as long as you have an E-7 inverted torx socket, a combo square and level ground.

1. Place the vehicle on a wheel alignment bay station.
  2. Release the clips and remove the CCM front bumper trim cover.
Ford F-150 Lift/Level, have you re-aligned your cruise control module? {filename}
Ford F-150 Lift/Level, have you re-aligned your cruise control module? video
Ford F-150 Lift/Level, have you re-aligned your cruise control module? Hel
  1. Locate the CCM alignment screw.
  1. NOTE: Measurement must be taken from the non-raised side of the CCM (cruise control module).
    Place a combination square level on the face of the CCM and check the alignment.
  1. NOTE: Measurement must be taken from the non-raised side of the CCM (cruise control module).
    Keeping the combination square level on the face of the CCM, adjust the pitch by adjusting the screw until the CCM is vertical and level.
  1. Install the CCM front bumper trim cover.
Sponsored

Norris McCarty

First Name
Norris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat 4x4 PB 7.2k FX4 17”Raptor Beadlocks
Occupation
Own a RV dealership
Lariat 502A hard loaded. 2” Readylift level. My adaptive/intelligent cruise control module does not need leveling. 5 months with my truck.

OP
OP
Doyouevenboost

Doyouevenboost

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Lariat 502A hard loaded. 2” Readylift level. My adaptive/intelligent cruise control module does not need leveling. 5 months with my truck.
Im not sure what hard loaded means.
“Vehicle must be unloaded of all external cargo before performing cruise control radar alignment procedure” -as stated in the workshop manual.
This is factory information. If you think your module doesn’t need alignment, that’s on you.

jrhoops

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 SCREW, 35L-PB
Occupation
IT
Im not sure what hard loaded means.
“Vehicle must be unloaded of all external cargo before performing cruise control radar alignment procedure” -as stated in the workshop manual.
This is factory information. If you think your module doesn’t need alignment, that’s on you.

is there one on each side or just drivers? Also, inverted torx socket, is that like a female? I think I have one on the way in a set

OP
OP
Doyouevenboost

Doyouevenboost

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
is there one on each side or just drivers? Also, inverted torx socket, is that like a female? I think I have one on the way in a set
Nope it’s just on the driver side, and yeah it’s just a female torx, sorry for the confusion.

Sponsored

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
I don’t think this is necessary after a level. Multiple dealers I’ve asked about this said it’s unnecessary. Only when replacing the actual sensor. Think about it. If you needed this after a level, then you’d need to do every time you tow/ haul.

OP
OP
Doyouevenboost

Doyouevenboost

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I don’t think this is necessary after a level. Multiple dealers I’ve asked about this said it’s unnecessary. Only when replacing the actual sensor. Think about it. If you needed this after a level, then you’d need to do every time you tow/ haul.
Lol, how do you think I have access to this information…? Your dealers may not have all the information. The angle of the ccm will only get worse when towing with a level, as stated before the sensor is designed to be adjusted while truck is unloaded.

Last edited:

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Lol, how do you think I have access to this information…? Your dealers may not have all the information. The angle of the ccm will only get worse when towing with a level, as stated before the sensor is designed to be adjusted while truck is unloaded.
No you’re right. 4 separate dealerships are wrong and you are definitely right. Lol. I’ve driven a combined 15k miles on 2 leveled 21’ F150’s, never needing a CCM recalibration, with adaptive cruise control working flawlessly. Adaptive cruise control uses both radar and camera, which is why it works just fine with a level, loaded, and unloaded, no recalibration required.

OP
OP
Doyouevenboost

Doyouevenboost

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
No you’re right. 4 separate dealerships are wrong and you are definitely right. Lol. I’ve driven a combined 15k miles on 2 leveled 21’ F150’s, never needing a CCM recalibration, with adaptive cruise control working flawlessly. Adaptive cruise control uses both radar and camera, which is why it works just fine with a level, loaded, and unloaded, no recalibration required.
I earned the title “Ford master technician” through schooling and employment with Ford. I know that I’m right when I tell you your ccm is out of alignment, You don’t have to tell me this as it is not news to me.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I earned the title “Ford master technician” through schooling and employment with Ford. I know that I’m right when I tell you your ccm is out of alignment, You don’t have to tell me this as it is not news to me.
Don’t really care for your title man, no offense, it doesn’t mean anything to me. I work in healthcare with doctors and just because someone has “MD” next to their name doesn’t make them all knowing and smart. The “master” technician at Elk Grove Ford argued with me that the F150 doesn’t come with a diesel and massaging seats when I asked for the free healthcare oil change and for my seats to be looked at.

You are free to realign to your hearts contentment. My CCM is just fine and doesn’t need realignment, as is the case with most other people who level their trucks. Ford built in an acceptable range of angle to account for the truck being loaded and unloaded and it relies on the camera too. The only time the CCM needs recalibration is when you get into lift kit territory. Majority of people level their truck only and don’t need to do this at all.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Doyouevenboost

Doyouevenboost

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Don’t really care for your title man, no offense, it doesn’t mean anything to me. I work in healthcare with doctors and just because someone has “MD” next to their name doesn’t make them all knowing and smart. The “master” technician at Elk Grove Ford argued with me that the F150 doesn’t come with a diesel and massaging seats when I asked for the free healthcare oil change and for my seats to be looked at.

You are free to realign to your hearts contentment. My CCM is just fine and doesn’t need realignment, as is the case with most other people who level their trucks. Ford built in an acceptable range of angle to account for the truck being loaded and unloaded and it relies on the camera too. The only time the CCM needs recalibration is when you get into lift kit territory. Majority of people level their truck only and don’t need to do this at all.
I posted this to help people….
The documentation I have provided is straight from the source, and factual.
The procedure itself takes two minutes, and is simple enough for the average joe to complete, and that’s why I thought others would appreciate it.
You keep saying recalibration, that Is another procedure that I literally haven’t even talked about.
If somebody changes the rake of their truck, the cruise control module is no longer aligned. That’s not an opinion, and I have provided my source. I don’t understand why you’re debating that..
I know driver assists still function, but why wouldn’t you want a module that is partially responsible for you and your family’s safety to be properly aligned..?

Str8Shooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 302A FX4 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired Systems Integrator
Thanks for sharing. This is good information, and explained in an easy way to understand.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I posted this to help people….
The documentation I have provided is straight from the source, and factual.
The procedure itself takes two minutes, and is simple enough for the average joe to complete, and that’s why I thought others would appreciate it.
You keep saying recalibration, that Is another procedure that I literally haven’t even talked about.
If somebody changes the rake of their truck, the cruise control module is no longer aligned. That’s not an opinion, and I have provided my source. I don’t understand why you’re debating that..
I know driver assists still function, but why wouldn’t you want a module that is partially responsible for you and your family’s safety to be properly aligned..?
I am not debating whether it is factual or not. I am debating whether it is necessary or not. And it is definitely unnecessary. Are you going to adjust the sensors every time you attach a trailer? Put something in your truck bed? No you are not. And Ford knew you wouldn’t. That is why the system is designed with parameters in mind. Ford knew you would tow and load stuff and the rake would change all the time. The cruise control will work safely without any adjustments and manipulation of it shouldn’t be done unless it’s necessary. Earlier you told another person “if you think you don’t need realignment then that’s on you” making it sound like their truck needs this and is somehow compromised by the level. Give me a break dude.

Don’t get hung up on the word recalibration because when I use that word, I am talking about the procedure you posted for aligning the sensor.

You have people on this forum literally asking how to refill DEF fluid on their powerboost, so it wouldn’t surprise me if some “average joe” read your post, thought this alignment was necessary, and broke something in the process all because you gave them bad information and made it sound like they need to do this when they don’t.

Unless your adaptive cruise control has thrown a code, warning light, or isn’t working right, then this “alignment” is unnecessary. Just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should.

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
I am not debating whether it is factual or not. I am debating whether it is necessary or not. And it is definitely unnecessary. Are you going to adjust the sensors every time you attach a trailer? Put something in your truck bed? No you are not. And Ford knew you wouldn’t. That is why the system is designed with parameters in mind. Ford knew you would tow and load stuff and the rake would change all the time. The cruise control will work safely without any adjustments and manipulation of it shouldn’t be done unless it’s necessary. Earlier you told another person “if you think you don’t need realignment then that’s on you” making it sound like their truck needs this and is somehow compromised by the level. Give me a break dude.

Don’t get hung up on the word recalibration because when I use that word, I am talking about the procedure you posted for aligning the sensor.

You have people on this forum literally asking how to refill DEF fluid on their powerboost, so it wouldn’t surprise me if some “average joe” read your post, thought this alignment was necessary, and broke something in the process all because you gave them bad information and made it sound like they need to do this when they don’t.

Unless your adaptive cruise control has thrown a code, warning light, or isn’t working right, then this “alignment” is unnecessary. Just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should.
Are you going to adjust the sensors every time you attach a trailer? Put something in your truck bed? No you are not. And Ford knew you wouldn’t.
That's why Ford has the rake it does for towing otherwise the lights would be pointing in the sky.