Leveling an FX4 - Stock Struts w/ Spacers or Bilsteins? Shocks

SpartanDS

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4, Space White
I have an FX4 and want to level it. I am debating between going the puck/spacer route and keeping my stock FX4 shocks or replacing the entire unit with Bilstein 5100's to achieve a 2" level.

Obviously, I paid extra for the FX4 shocks. I am happy with the ride quality right now, but I don't know if I am missing out on a better ride quality with a complete aftermarket system with a 2" level built right in to the struts.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

bcaseyk

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT FX4
I have an FX4 and want to level it. I am debating between going the puck/spacer route and keeping my stock FX4 shocks or replacing the entire unit with Bilstein 5100's to achieve a 2" level.

Obviously, I paid extra for the FX4 shocks. I am happy with the ride quality right now, but I don't know if I am missing out on a better ride quality with a complete aftermarket system with a 2" level built right in to the struts.

Thoughts?
I have the 2” RL spacers on my FX4 and my ride quality didn’t suffer after installation.

Bigger tires stiffened things up a bit, as to be expected, but I don’t mind it much. The stock FX4 suspension honestly felt a little too smooth IMO

jesdamian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I have the 2” RL spacers on my FX4 and my ride quality didn’t suffer after installation.

Bigger tires stiffened things up a bit, as to be expected, but I don’t mind it much. The stock FX4 suspension honestly felt a little too smooth IMO
Glad to hear I'm not the only who things stock fx4 suspension is a little too soft.
Sponsored