Sponsored

Leveled PowerBoost and lowered fuel economy?

tn.lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Screw Powerboost 501a
Occupation
retail
Anybody here level there PowerBoost ? And if so are you having any issues other then lower fuel economy?
Sponsored

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
You might ask in the suspension area.

Tdhunt631

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Sales
Anybody here level there PowerBoost ? And if so are you having any issues other then lower fuel economy?
I have a 2" level with Toyo AT3 33x12.50's. No issues other than fuel economy so far. Over my first 800 miles I am averaging 14.5 mpg. I knew I would take a hit, but didn't expect it to be that bad.

Arbybaconator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4Runner TRD Pro
I have a 2" level with Toyo AT3 33x12.50's. No issues other than fuel economy so far. Over my first 800 miles I am averaging 14.5 mpg. I knew I would take a hit, but didn't expect it to be that bad.
What were you averaging before? It seems like a lot of folks aren't necessarily getting the 24mpg advertised

Tdhunt631

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
What were you averaging before? It seems like a lot of folks aren't necessarily getting the 24mpg advertised
Level, wheels, tires were installed at 8 miles, so I'm not sure. I also have the long bed and bigger tow mirrors. I'm sure that doesn't help either. I'm probably a worst case scenario when it comes to fuel economy.

Sponsored

xXChartmanXx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Explorer, 2021 VW ID.4, 2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
CyberSecurity Engineer
If you don't drive in ECO and baby the gas pedal you aren't going to get 24. Seen many people get as high as 29 by gaming the system, but in standard driving when your not actively trying to get the best gas mileage and maximizing your electric driving time most people are saying around 19 which is better than most trucks do. Definitely going to go down a little as you add weight with new tires and wheels and allow more air under you.

jiggadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-Series
yeah that’s a bit surprising. Figured a 2 mpg drop would be expected. So few miles on your truck it’ll hopefully start creeping up.

Swegner99

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, 2017 Expedition EL
Bigger tires will make your speedometer incorrect unless addressed. The dealer has some adjustability. I have not seen an aftermarket Speedo Calibrator yet for 21

OP
OP
tn.lariat

tn.lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Screw Powerboost 501a
Occupation
retail
Thanks for the reply guys. I'm getting 22-23 mainly, about 800 miles, previous Trk had 1.75 Bilsteins shocks, 3.5 eco and was getting 17.5-19 city. Was more concerned with not having issues with all the new sensors and radar & camera for lane keeping adaptive cruise control, not sure if calibration is needed after level and 33's. Want to put a 2" ready lift level with 33 x 11.5 tires for a better stance.

ford2021

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport
Occupation
sales
yeah that’s a bit surprising. Figured a 2 mpg drop would be expected. So few miles on your truck it’ll hopefully start creeping up.
I was getting the same on 34's. 2" level. Took my stock wheels and put them on. Now getting close to 19....

Thankfully able to work a deal and swap my current set up for a new set of wheels and tires. Debating keeping the level or deleting it as I won't have larger tires anymore

Tdhunt631

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Thanks for the reply guys. I'm getting 22-23 mainly, about 800 miles, previous Trk had 1.75 Bilsteins shocks, 3.5 eco and was getting 17.5-19 city. Was more concerned with not having issues with all the new sensors and radar & camera for lane keeping adaptive cruise control, not sure if calibration is needed after level and 33's. Want to put a 2" ready lift level with 33 x 11.5 tires for a better stance.
From what I was told the dealer can slide the ride height sensor down to compensate for the level. My camera has not been calibrated for the 33" tires yet, and I haven't ran in to any noticeable issues. However, the calibration is still something that can and should be done.
Sponsored