First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
Amazing to me that with all the technology, ford still uses an external antenna like this. It is very odd to me and I think ruins the front of the truck. I’ll put a stubby on there but ford needs to integrate the OTA antenna into the glass or into the gps cap on the roof.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

H-Town

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2015 Harley Davidson Street Glide Special
Amazing to me that with all the technology ford still uses an external antenna like this. It is very odd to me and I think ruins the front of the truck. I’ll put a stubby on there but ford needs to interfere into the glass or add the OTA antenna into the gps cap on the roof.
yeah. I agree. My explorer doesn’t have a whip antenna and the reception is just as good as it. I wish the whip was not on there at all on the F150.

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport
Lol, I think they are surveying the wrong people. Reception is great in my 14 year old 4runner with antenna in the rear glass.
Oh, I agree with you. Our last four vehicles all had shark fin antennas with no reception issues. Even the article shows Chevy and Ram have moved on. I think it looks terribly outdated on the Fords and is especially out of place on the Lightning. Very "analog" on an otherwise very "digital" vehicle.

Sponsored

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
people that are reporting "no reception issues" are you coming from a place that has trouble issue spots to start with? I'm in a mountain trouble area with crappy reception, just wondering if there is a difference

Blueshound

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Maybe I'm the only one, but I like the traditional look of the antenna. It's a feature my eyes expect to see, like windshield wipers or headlights. Of course I like chrome too lol.

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
On a related note, my Lariat 501a picked up 2 weeks ago came with a completely different antenna, its still a long whip style antenna but its way beefier.

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Pacifica Limited & 2021 Loaded Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I was happy my rubber ducky from my '19 fit the '21. I checked several FM stations with stock antenna and then the ducky. Did not loose any of them. Banging the garage was just too much to tolerate.
My Pacifica Limited doesn't have an antenna you can find. Picks up stations great.
Sponsored

Last edited: