First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat 501.5A
Occupation
Beer Drinker
Thanks. I did use the tool and compared everything in 726. I made all of the changes that Hawsa suggested as well and none of that seems to work. Now I have no DRLs at all. I still don't understand why 726-37-02 works when set to stop and turn, but doesn't work when just set to turn only. I am also getting a few DTCs now as well, 1 BCM error and 2 HCM errors (one for each headlamp says internal component failure). That's why I am thinking I need to reprogram something in my HCM for these headlamps which is different than my old ones. I guess I am going to try that approach next. Not sure what else to do with this.
Honestly sounds like you changed WAY more than you needed to in ForScan. If you saved a back-up file for the BCM and HCM I would re-load it and start over. You might want to get with @Livnitup to see if he can help before your headlight don't work at all.
Sponsored

PABamaFan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum FX4 Towing w long bed
I didn't change anything in the HCM. I think that is where the problem is. I was looking at the as built comparison and there are a few things in the HCM that are different. 734-01-02 mine is 0102 and the raptor is 0202. Mine is set to analog input, but the raptor is set to CAN. Also in 734-01-04 the low byte and high bytes are different between mine and the raptor. I'm wondering if either of those are throwing things off. I saved my BCM as built so I can always load that back and I will save that for the HCM before I make any changes. Plus you can get the ab files from www.motorcraftservice.com/asbuilt.

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
I spent A LOT of time trying to figure this out myself and did.
Im with ya... Reminds me of an old joke that floated around the internet years and years ago... guy talking about how he wouldnt pay todays prices on oil changes and then broke down his time to do the oil change himself

30 mins to find oil filter wrench
15 mins to find car jack and stands
20 mins to find cat litter and pan.
30 mins of wifes time to run to the store and buy a box of bandaids from me bashing my knuckles, three times.
20 mins to run old oil, filter, etc to recycler cuz I couldnt find the cat litter
$40 jeans and $18 shirt thrown in garbage from oil all over clothes
Wife yelling at me and telling me I have to sleep on the couch cuz I smell like oil and ruined the garage and my clothes.

End of joke was something like

"Took me 6hrs and 37 mins, and they wanted to charge me $19.95!!!! I showed them!!!!"

JScaro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Beer Drinker
I didn't change anything in the HCM. I think that is where the problem is. I was looking at the as built comparison and there are a few things in the HCM that are different. 734-01-02 mine is 0102 and the raptor is 0202. Mine is set to analog input, but the raptor is set to CAN. Also in 734-01-04 the low byte and high bytes are different between mine and the raptor. I'm wondering if either of those are throwing things off. I saved my BCM as built so I can always load that back and I will save that for the HCM before I make any changes. Plus you can get the ab files from www.motorcraftservice.com/asbuilt.
I should have clarified comparing the two also.

As-Built data on Ford's website is the most current one they have. Meaning when you make changes in ForScan, those change get uploaded to Ford. It could be in a few days, weeks, months but eventually they will sync.
So keep that in mind when comparing vehicles, changes could have been made to those. Most of the time you want to compare more than one.

Next - know what the lines your changing and what they pertain to. On the ForScan spreadsheet there are descriptions and some are easily explained, others are a crap shot.

For instance, 734-01-04 has something to do with bed size, found this out when making changes for Glare-Free lighting which is another can of worms. I'll post my sheet that I created for people going from reflector - projector on those changes.

Also post the errors your getting, that will help point you in the right direction. Sometimes those are just a matter of clearing the DTC and doing a re-scan.

Attachments

Sponsored

JScaro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Beer Drinker
Much appreciated! Got everything in from Mouser today. Wire and HCM come tomorrow, so hopefully done this weekend.
No problem. I was hesitant to share since I wanted to make my own harness but I don’t have the time.
I have the parts and tools to make them so I might just sell kits for people that want to tackle it themselves. I’ll tell you thou, right tools, parts and wire make all the difference.

Ford F-150 LED projector upgrades 1685666185485

Weather is nice so lake this weekend and I really need to get the Mustang running again. Boost season will be here before you know if.

Ford F-150 LED projector upgrades 1685666346096

riderryan92

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 302a
Occupation
AV Installer
No problem. I was hesitant to share since I wanted to make my own harness but I don’t have the time.
I have the parts and tools to make them so I might just sell kits for people that want to tackle it themselves. I’ll tell you thou, right tools, parts and wire make all the difference.

1685666185485.jpeg

Weather is nice so lake this weekend and I really need to get the Mustang running again. Boost season will be here before you know if.

1685666346096.jpeg
Truth! I just finished cooled seats and used cheap wire. Never again, bought the good stuff from pro wire this time.

PABamaFan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I should have clarified comparing the two also.

As-Built data on Ford's website is the most current one they have. Meaning when you make changes in ForScan, those change get uploaded to Ford. It could be in a few days, weeks, months but eventually they will sync.
So keep that in mind when comparing vehicles, changes could have been made to those. Most of the time you want to compare more than one.

Next - know what the lines your changing and what they pertain to. On the ForScan spreadsheet there are descriptions and some are easily explained, others are a crap shot.

For instance, 734-01-04 has something to do with bed size, found this out when making changes for Glare-Free lighting which is another can of worms. I'll post my sheet that I created for people going from reflector - projector on those changes.

Also post the errors your getting, that will help point you in the right direction. Sometimes those are just a matter of clearing the DTC and doing a re-scan.
Thanks for the advice. I loaded back all of my as built stuff that I saved. At least for now all of the DTCs went away. I went back with Hawsa’s setting one by one and changed them. Still no blinking when I activate the turn signal. Then I went back to 42-01 and set it to Stop and Turn. This makes it blink but also only turns on the DRL when I’m braking or have the signal activated. Clearly I’m missing a setting somewhere. There is field for the DRL functionality and then another for the lamp functionality. Both reference DRL and turn and position. It seems like the DRL fields override everything else. Maybe there is another entry that isn’t on the spreadsheet? Why is there no turn only or turn and drl?? 🤷🏻‍♂️

PABamaFan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ok I have another thought. It looks like there are 2 different wires for turn lamps and drl. Is it possible that I need to move the pin outs for those and have the turn signal into the drl? I’m just not seeing a way in forscan to tell the truck that the drl is the turn signal. All of the turn signal functions are inoperable. Doesn’t matter what I change those too they do not make a difference. Only the drl fields make anything happen. So clearly the truck is still looking for the turn signal as a separate connection.

Sponsored

PABamaFan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Have you tried to contact @Hawsa, @Livnitup, @Jesse-Infotainment directly?

Tried contacting people in this tread?
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/raptor-headlights.4877/
I checked out that thread. I'd kinda old and only one person had said they installed the Raptor lights, but don't post back on how or if they got the drl as a turn signal working. I'm gonna reach out to the others. Hawsa has been a bit silent. Maybe annoyed? lol. I'm really flummoxed here as I heard another user say in one of the threads. I just don't see how the truck knows that the drl is the turn signal unless it's wired that way. My logic is telling me that I have a wire in my harness for the turn signal lamp that use to go to that connector on the headlamp which does not exist on the raptor headlamp. So I get the other programming, but none of it seems to tell the truck to use the DRL as the turn signal. Just the option to turn on the DRL when I apply the break or hit the turn signal. Let's see if I can get some more advice directly. Thanks for all of the help it is much appreciated.

One more thing. Is there a raptor version of the instrument cluster screen? Everyone wanted to change the color of the truck from blue. I just want to get the raptor version of the screen or does the raptor have the same screen as the other F150s?

JScaro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Beer Drinker
I checked out that thread. I'd kinda old and only one person had said they installed the Raptor lights, but don't post back on how or if they got the drl as a turn signal working. I'm gonna reach out to the others. Hawsa has been a bit silent. Maybe annoyed? lol. I'm really flummoxed here as I heard another user say in one of the threads. I just don't see how the truck knows that the drl is the turn signal unless it's wired that way. My logic is telling me that I have a wire in my harness for the turn signal lamp that use to go to that connector on the headlamp which does not exist on the raptor headlamp. So I get the other programming, but none of it seems to tell the truck to use the DRL as the turn signal. Just the option to turn on the DRL when I apply the break or hit the turn signal. Let's see if I can get some more advice directly. Thanks for all of the help it is much appreciated.

One more thing. Is there a raptor version of the instrument cluster screen? Everyone wanted to change the color of the truck from blue. I just want to get the raptor version of the screen or does the raptor have the same screen as the other F150s?
Raptor's have their own IPC / Screen so you can't do anything with that.

As far as the wiring, the LED Projectors should be wired the same. The headlights have a module that I would think controls the functions, not the wiring.
I'm 100% convinced you have a ForScan settings wrong. Also I don't know what or why the "BRAKE" (not break - my pet peeve and I'm illiterate) has to do with your headlights, but the Raptor taillights are also different so maybe something to do with that. 🤷‍♂️

PABamaFan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor's have their own IPC / Screen so you can't do anything with that.

As far as the wiring, the LED Projectors should be wired the same. The headlights have a module that I would think controls the functions, not the wiring.
I'm 100% convinced you have a ForScan settings wrong. Also I don't know what or why the "BRAKE" (not break - my pet peeve and I'm illiterate) has to do with your headlights, but the Raptor taillights are also different so maybe something to do with that. 🤷‍♂️
Sorry. Dumb Mac correcting my grammar by changing brake to break. lol. Here is the Forscan programming that has to do with the DRL and the turn signal:

Ford F-150 LED projector upgrades 1686067613004

Ford F-150 LED projector upgrades 1686067580110

Ford F-150 LED projector upgrades 1686067678145

Hawsa

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 302A F-150
Sorry. Dumb Mac correcting my grammar by changing brake to break. lol. Here is the Forscan programming that has to do with the DRL and the turn signal:

1686067613004.png

1686067580110.png

1686067678145.png
Like John, I'm pretty well convinced you have a forscan setting funny. Would you share a backup of your truck's current settings with me? If you PM me the file, I can compare it to the changes I had to make for my raptor headlights to see where you're off
Sponsored