LED projector upgrades

Hawsa

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 302A F-150
That tracks. Why use auto high beam and dimming when you have dynamic bending. Nice. So yeah should be pretty much a direct swap with a bit of forscan.
Sponsored

PABamaFan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum FX4 Towing w long bed
Awesome. I'm not sure what the difference is between them. I know in my truck I have auto high beam and dimming I believe. I have to research the different terminology. It sounds like it's going to be a pretty easy swap out for me though. Then I will have what I wanted. Once I get the truck back with the lights in I will take some pictures and videos. I'm gonna change the fog lights out too, but not sure what I want to do with those. My assumption is I can turn the DRL functionality for the fog lights off in Forscan so at least I don't have 2 different colored lights.

Thanks so much for all of the help and advice. This was huge. Better than shipping them off to get modified and waiting weeks while I can't use my truck.

riderryan92

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 302a
Occupation
AV Installer
Ford F-150 LED projector upgrades IMG_1697

Ford F-150 LED projector upgrades IMG_1691

So did the swap yesterday from quad to projector. Repinned the connectors at the headlights and got basic functionality. Waiting on my HCM to come in. Going to do the rest of the wiring myself as I have everything I need left over from a previous project. Only thing I’m missing is the HCM connector. Anyone know where I can buy one? All I can find is the pigtail from ford and I really don’t feel like giving them $170 for a piece of plastic….lol

PABamaFan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Use this tool and you can put in your as built data from your truck vs a raptor to see the lighting configuration stuff you need to swap

https://www.compulsivecode.com/Project_AsBuiltCompare.aspx
How do I use this tool? I have the lights in and my headlights work so far, my amber drls are on but as assumed I have no turn signal. I tried the mods you gave me but still getting the rapid clicking indication that something is off. I downloaded the comparison tool I just don’t get how to find the raptor info to put into it. Any help you can give is much appreciated.

Sponsored

OP
OP

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
How do I use this tool? I have the lights in and my headlights work so far, my amber drls are on but as assumed I have no turn signal. I tried the mods you gave me but still getting the rapid clicking indication that something is off. I downloaded the comparison tool I just don’t get how to find the raptor info to put into it. Any help you can give is much appreciated.
Which headlights did you have before swapping to the raptor headlights? Which raptor headlights do you have?

PABamaFan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have a platinum so I had the projector headlights and the new raptor lamps I have are also the projectors. They work except I can’t get the drl to stay on all the time and be the turn signal. I can have it on all the time or as a turn but not both for some reason.

Hawsa

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 302A F-150
I have a platinum so I had the projector headlights and the new raptor lamps I have are also the projectors. They work except I can’t get the drl to stay on all the time and be the turn signal. I can have it on all the time or as a turn but not both for some reason.
That's all forscan. You need to make a few changes there. You can use this as a starting guide. It was intended for quad led to raptor so there are more lines than you will actually have to mess with.

PABamaFan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Still having the same problem. I went so far as to get the ab's for both my truck and a raptor. Went through all of 726 and made all of the changes. I'm wondering if my extra wire in the harness is the issue. Maybe that is going to the turn signal in the bottom of the old light and needs to be connected with a different wire from the raptor lights. I did have it working with a setting to make the DRLs for "stop and turn", but then they only lit up when I was turning or pressing the brake. Obviously a strange thing to see at night with my DRLs going on and off. LOL. Not sure what else to do with it.

PABamaFan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Could this be an HCM programming issue? I'm wondering if I need to change the HCM VIN to match the Raptor in 734-02-XX. Thoughts? Also Hawsa what did you put in for 726-43-01?

Sponsored

Hawsa

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 302A F-150
It shouldn't be related to the hcm at all. Hcm only impacts the leveling/high/adaptive functions. I can also confirm (I have a wiring diagram for standard projector lights) that the turn signal line is the same over both of them.

I would have to check that specific value. I didn't include anything in my sheet that didn't differ between my xlt and a raptor and impacted forward lighting.
I did have similar issues with messy turn signal issues until all of those above were perfect.

PABamaFan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ok maybe I should put the original back and start from scratch. Now I have the headlamps to n without the drl even when the lights are not on. Ghosts in the machine.

PABamaFan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
After a couple of hours last night I finally have the amber drls on all the time however the only way I can get the drl to be used as the turn signal is when I make it set to Stop and Turn in 37-02. It doesn’t seem to work when I choose the turn only option there. So the problem is that the drl only comes on when I’m braking or use the turn signal. Hawsa can you send me your ab so I can compare yours to mine?

JScaro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat 501.5A
Occupation
Beer Drinker
After a couple of hours last night I finally have the amber drls on all the time however the only way I can get the drl to be used as the turn signal is when I make it set to Stop and Turn in 37-02. It doesn’t seem to work when I choose the turn only option there. So the problem is that the drl only comes on when I’m braking or use the turn signal. Hawsa can you send me your ab so I can compare yours to mine?
Did you use the As-Built comparison tool?
https://www.compulsivecode.com/Project_AsBuiltCompare.aspx
Here are some 21' VIN to compare.

Raptor
1FTFW1RG0MFC58178

Plat
1FTFW1ED6MFA97783

PABamaFan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks. I did use the tool and compared everything in 726. I made all of the changes that Hawsa suggested as well and none of that seems to work. Now I have no DRLs at all. I still don't understand why 726-37-02 works when set to stop and turn, but doesn't work when just set to turn only. I am also getting a few DTCs now as well, 1 BCM error and 2 HCM errors (one for each headlamp says internal component failure). That's why I am thinking I need to reprogram something in my HCM for these headlamps which is different than my old ones. I guess I am going to try that approach next. Not sure what else to do with this.
Sponsored