OP

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Chiming in here as I am about to embark on a swap out of my headlamps to get the amber DRLs. I currently have the projector headlights on my Platinum truck. So if I am reading all of this thread correctly it sounds like I don't need to do anything with the HCM, height sensors, or anything else other than make the Forscan adjustments for the turn signals. Just educating myself before I open a whole can of worms unprepared. haha.
Are you installing raptor headlamps to get amber DRL’s?
Sponsored

PABamaFan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum FX4 Towing w long bed
Are you installing raptor headlamps to get amber DRL’s?
Yeah. Then I am going to change out the fog lights, but not sure what I want to do with those just yet. I bought the headlamps on eBay and I was thinking this is going to be a lot of work after ready this thread, but everyone doing this conversion is coming from the quad LEDs and not the projector headlamps. That appears to be where the issues arise from what I read. It sounds like the projector headlamps have a lot of tech on them which the others do not. I'm thinking since I already have those headlamps I should already have the correct wiring harnesses and HCM to make this work. My assumption is that all I will have to do is make the changes in Forscan. I figured I should put this out there since all you guys know A LOT more than I do with this.

OP
OP

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Yeah. Then I am going to change out the fog lights, but not sure what I want to do with those just yet. I bought the headlamps on eBay and I was thinking this is going to be a lot of work after ready this thread, but everyone doing this conversion is coming from the quad LEDs and not the projector headlamps. That appears to be where the issues arise from what I read. It sounds like the projector headlamps have a lot of tech on them which the others do not. I'm thinking since I already have those headlamps I should already have the correct wiring harnesses and HCM to make this work. My assumption is that all I will have to do is make the changes in Forscan. I figured I should put this out there since all you guys know A LOT more than I do with this.
@Hawsa may be the best person to help you with that. He went from reflector to raptor projector

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I would think projector to projector would be 9X% functional right out of the box?

PABamaFan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum FX4 Towing w long bed
@Hawsa may be the best person to help you with that. He went from reflector to raptor projector
Waiting for him to chime in. Hoping I'm right though because returning these is going to be a pain in the a$$. haha

Sponsored

OP
OP

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
I would think projector to projector would be 9X% functional right out of the box?
My assumption is the same as yours but I don’t think the raptor headlamps have a native turn signal and you have to turn the DRL bar into the turn signal

Hawsa

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 302A F-150
If you already have the projector lights it should be super easy. I would imagine it to be entirely forscan to get the swap done. The only thing you are really changing is moving from the turn signal in the small bar at the bottom of the light to DRL as turn signal.

One concern is that the Raptor lights use one fewer wire than the standard projector lights. I'm not entirely sure what its purpose is, but having extra wires is easier than too few.

Hawsa

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 302A F-150
Essential you could do the same thing as what I did here, but look at the comparisons of the standard projector trim level (lariat +) to the raptor columns. I think that should be all you need to update.

OP
OP

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
If you already have the projector lights it should be super easy. I would imagine it to be entirely forscan to get the swap done. The only thing you are really changing is moving from the turn signal in the small bar at the bottom of the light to DRL as turn signal.

One concern is that the Raptor lights use one fewer wire than the standard projector lights. I'm not entirely sure what its purpose is, but having extra wires is easier than too few.
I’m guessing it’s one of the turn signal wires… do you know which wire number is missing?

Sponsored

Hawsa

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 302A F-150
If I'm not mistaken it was #6: CTRL MOD. - LIN BUS # 14
#5 controls the dynamic bending

Not sure if maybe the standard projector lights use a lin signal to control dimming on the turn bar? Seems like pwm would be more likely.

The circuit normally goes to the BCM #15, also somewhat non-descript, so I'm not sure what it does normally.

OP
OP

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
If I'm not mistaken it was #6: CTRL MOD. - LIN BUS # 14
#5 controls the dynamic bending

Not sure if maybe the standard projector lights use a lin signal to control dimming on the turn bar? Seems like pwm would be more likely.

The circuit normally goes to the BCM #15, also somewhat non-descript, so I'm not sure what it does normally.
@JScaro, I don’t have a wiring diagram readily available and I know you’re likely more familiar with them than I. Do you know what that wire is for?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Will this help? (attached)

Attachments

Hawsa

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 302A F-150
Yes, actually! That makes it look like it is a control module for auto high beam/dimming. Does the raptor not have that?

JScaro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat 501.5A
Occupation
Beer Drinker
#6 in not used on the Projector Headlights
Sponsored

Attachments