Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
I was able to snag

I was able to snag some of the adaptive raptor lights on eBay for $1400. The hcm is $70 ish and a prebuilt harness is close to $600 if you can get one.
If you can find some 800a package raptor quad led ones they are plug and play and you can save some big money.
Do you have a part number for the HCM or did you just get a used one? And could you point me in the direction of where you got the pre built harness from? The couple people I talked to were quoting $800 plus for the harness. But that did include the HCM.
Sponsored

OP
OP

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
I would also love to know more about running the wiring for the level sensors. As in was there any pre-existing wiring that you tapped into or did you have to fully run new wiring for the sensors? And then did the sensor wiring go straight into the cab to the HCM or bcm? Thanks!
I ran all of the wiring from the HCM to the ride height sensors myself. It wasn’t hard, just time consuming. There’s possibly some pre existing wire, but I think a lot of those connectors sit in areas that aren’t accessible without removing the bed from the frame

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Studio truck driver
I ran all of the wiring from the HCM to the ride height sensors myself. It wasn’t hard, just time consuming. There’s possibly some pre existing wire, but I think a lot of those connectors sit in areas that aren’t accessible without removing the bed from the frame
Copy that. guess I will have to do the same. 😁

OP
OP

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Copy that. guess I will have to do the same. 😁
I would recommend getting wiring that has a thin exterior coating, those HCM connector holes are tiny and too thick of a jacket will make it very hard to pin them. @JScaro or @JHForman812 may be able to point you in the correct direction. It’s 22 ga wiring, but standard TXL wiring is too thick

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Studio truck driver
I would recommend getting wiring that has a thin exterior coating, those HCM connector holes are tiny and too thick of a jacket will make it very hard to pin them. @JScaro or @JHForman812 may be able to point you in the correct direction. It’s 22 ga wiring, but standard TXL wiring is too thick
I’ll have to look back in that parts list but are the part numbers for the proper pins there?

Sponsored

OP
OP

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
I’ll have to look back in that parts list but are the part numbers for the proper pins there?
Good question, they’re not. I need to add them. I’ll have to do that tonight at home. The pins for the ride height sensor connectors are there, but not the HCM pins

JScaro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat 501.5A
Occupation
Beer Drinker
HCM pins = 🤬

SnareDrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 lariat
@dolsen When you obtained the HCM was it programmed? How much Forscan work did you need to do? Like if I were to order the HCM from one of these OEM parts websites, would it have basic programming aside from the needed changes in Forscan?

OP
OP

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
@dolsen When you obtained the HCM was it programmed? How much Forscan work did you need to do? Like if I were to order the HCM from one of these OEM parts websites, would it have basic programming aside from the needed changes in Forscan?
Apparently the way it is sold it still needs to be programmed. I am unsure if you can do it in FDRS, but whatever programming needs to be done is beyond the capabilities of FORScan. I didn’t do the programming, I bought one from Ryan Broderick that was already programmed

Sponsored

SnareDrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 lariat
Apparently the way it is sold it still needs to be programmed. I am unsure if you can do it in FDRS, but whatever programming needs to be done is beyond the capabilities of FORScan. I didn’t do the programming, I bought one from Ryan Broderick that was already programmed
Thanks. I reached out to him on Instagram unless there’s a better contact.

BarryT82

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
USAF
I have a new set of Tremor headlights for sale if anyone is looking for a set.

Ford F-150 LED projector upgrades IMG_4900

Ford F-150 LED projector upgrades IMG_4888

Hawsa

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 302A F-150
This TEFZEL wire has a thin tough wall. Might be worth looking at - I've had really great luck with it (and everything else from these guys) https://www.prowireusa.com/tefzel-wire.html

PABamaFan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum FX4 Towing w long bed
Chiming in here as I am about to embark on a swap out of my headlamps to get the amber DRLs. I currently have the projector headlights on my Platinum truck. So if I am reading all of this thread correctly it sounds like I don't need to do anything with the HCM, height sensors, or anything else other than make the Forscan adjustments for the turn signals. Just educating myself before I open a whole can of worms unprepared. haha.
Sponsored