Sponsored

LED bulb swaps. Hyperflash fix:resistors or forscan?

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150
Really interested in switching out the halogens on my front turns, rear tails/brake/blinkers and reverse lights to be able to make ALL exterior lighting LED on this 302a XLT. A lot of these bulbs offer canbus error fix/hyperflash fix resistors external or built in... do you really need to do this and risk the extra heat from extra components and wiring, or can you simply disable the hyperflash on these new trucks?? Anyone have any info on this? I’ve read that this is a possibility on the 15-20’s using forscan. I also read that the hyperflash may not even be a thing on the exterior lights, just the dash. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

supamonks

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT
There has been a few chats on the forum about this and on F150 forums under the Gen 14.

I am looking to do the same, so far i've been in contact with f150leds.com. They are really helpful. So far they have full LED swaps and harnesses available for the Gen 14 with the exception of the taillights but they told me they are in the works. Take a look and see what they have for the Gen 13, I'm assuming it will be the same.