John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Plat, 2020 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
CPA
Hi All,

One thing that failed on my 2011 plat was the brown leather seats. Getting in the truck all sweaty just took its toll on the leather armrest. Also, sliding in and out of the driver side finally wore out the side of the seat.

The new black leather with the light brown suede inserts look great now. They almost feel like vinyl. Which I guess wouldnt be affected by sweat. But, what have you learned on taking care of leather seats? Looking for any type of tip here. I should have conditioned the leather more before, so I dont want to make the same mistake with my new truck.

thanks.

Baloo
Sponsored

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
This is not high end leather, which is generally a good thing for a truck or a car. Just wipe it down with something like Griots Interior Cleaner. If you apply conditioner it will mostly sit on the surface and make a mess.

OP
OP
Mr Baloo

Mr Baloo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Plat, 2020 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
CPA
yeah.. I was thinking the same thing regarding the quality of the leather... my old Plat had the really nice leather.. and it dried up and crackled on the armrest where my sweaty arm would sit... looked like a alligator when I traded it.....

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
This is not high end leather, which is generally a good thing for a truck or a car. Just wipe it down with something like Griots Interior Cleaner. If you apply conditioner it will mostly sit on the surface and make a mess.
@Lippy -

I think you're right. Most new cars come with a sealant on the surface. A conditioner wouldn't get to the leather, so it would be a waste (if not a mess).

@Mr Baloo -

I received my new platty about 2 weeks ago and really like the black leather interior. Within a week, I applied a coating to protect it from stains, wear, and UV damage. I learned of it from my favorite Detailing YouTuber, Pan the Organizer.

The product is CarPro Cquartz Leather Coating 2.0. It left a soft matte finish - virtually invisible. It was odorless, easy to very apply, and is good for 1-2 years. I highly recommend it!

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
@Lippy -

I think you're right. Most new cars come with a sealant on the surface. A conditioner wouldn't get to the leather, so it would be a waste (if not a mess).

@Mr Baloo -

I received my new platty about 2 weeks ago and really like the black leather interior. Within a week, I applied a coating to protect it from stains, wear, and UV damage. I learned of it from my favorite Detailing YouTuber, Pan the Organizer.

The product is CarPro Cquartz Leather Coating 2.0. It left a soft matte finish - virtually invisible. It was odorless, easy to very apply, and is good for 1-2 years. I highly recommend it!

Looks like I just found my next project!