Leaking fx4 rear shock

azDcab21

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 PowerBoost/FX4
Poking around under the truck today and noticed the driver side rear shock appears to be leaking. Anyone else experiencing this?

Ford F-150 Leaking fx4 rear shock 20210918_160409
Sponsored

steveoeg6

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Screw 6.5 powerboost
Occupation
shipping
Noticed my driver side rear was leaking, however since I was ditching said shock for a set of 5160s I didn't need to investigate. Still, very disconcerting.....

JPK

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost 7.2kw
Noticed my driver side rear was leaking, however since I was ditching said shock for a set of 5160s I didn't need to investigate. Still, very disconcerting.....
Just had an oil change at Christian Brothers ( I dont trust Ford dealerships) and they advised ( with photos) both rear shocks are leaking. Only 10,000 miles, mostly interstate, no, heavy loads, no off -road, 2 short trips with a light travel trailer using an equalizer hitch. Not expecting Ford to replace but should be under warranty. Very disappointing....just one of many quality issues with this model.

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0
Occupation
Making lego parts for new vehicles
Factory shocks suck all around! You can cheaply and easily upgrade to a bilstien, fox, or icon.
I got tired of my truck's rear bouncing around like Riki-tiki-tavi all the time and bought some 5100's. Going aftermarket shocks should be a first mod sadly, now waiting on Bilstein to release the 2WD fronts for the '21 up.

Sponsored

SinCityF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
My Tremor rear shocks both blew out around 500 miles. I thought someone stole my rear shocks as they truck was bouncing and wobbling all over. Felt like I had no shocks at all. Looked underneath and saw they were there with bolts on. Looked closer when I got home and they both leaked all over and were completely blow. Replaced with 5160s and Bilstein coilovers, totally different truck that was way safer and more fun to drive.

JPK

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost 7.2kw
To close my comments , I did contact Ford technical support and they stated that damp or wet shocks are 'seeping' , not 'leaking' , and this is normal and acceptable. They stated shocks are not considered failing until fluid is dripping from them. Hmmm. Will be upgrading.
Sponsored