Sponsored

Leadfoot grey F-150 developing paint swirls?

Leadfootx4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Navy
I’ve been babying the truck for less than 1k miles but for some reason the exterior is developing pretty bad paint swirling. I’m in San Diego and it’s been washed twice by a touch less wash for a quick rinse.

Does anybody have any suggestions? Is this a warranty issue? Never had a vehicle with such soft paint before. My 2018 Honda Accord could be rubbed with steel wool and look good as new.
Sponsored

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lead Foot Gray XLT 5.0 Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Veteran
Most clearcoats on new vehicles are very soft that's why I ceramic coated mine. Cost me $600 here in the Los Angeles area. There's also PPF coating but its quite expensive.

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT sport CCSB 5.0
Occupation
Auto Body Tech
As a painter I can tell you lead foot is bad for scratches and swirl marks. It’s one of those colors that shows everything out in the sun

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
Ceramic coat it. You‘d be surprised the amount of paint imperfections straight from the factory.

Bullett

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX, 2016 Accord Touring
Occupation
Accountant
I had the same problem with my leadfoot until I got the paint corrected and it ceramic coated.

OP
OP

Leadfootx4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Navy
Most clearcoats on new vehicles are very soft that's why I ceramic coated mine. Cost me $600 here in the Los Angeles area. There's also PPF coating but its quite expensive.
As a painter I can tell you lead foot is bad for scratches and swirl marks. It’s one of those colors that shows everything out in the sun
Ceramic coat it. You‘d be surprised the amount of paint imperfections straight from the factory.
I had the same problem with my leadfoot until I got the paint corrected and it ceramic coated.
Thanks guys. Ceramic coating it is. Will try to knock it out at the same time as window tint.
Sponsored