Sponsored

SpaceWhiteF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
First time listener, long time caller. Wait...that's not right. Newb here, haven't owned a Ford since my '95 Eddie Bauer Bronco. Have been a bowtie guy for decades but have a family connect that got me Z-plan, and I really dig the '21 F-150. So here I am. A convert.

Picked up an XL screw with STX package in lead foot gray on 12/4. The dealership we have connections at had a half dozen on the lot, but that lead foot grey spoke to me in a deep, meaningful way.

In the time I've had this truck I've upgraded it with:

275/60/20 Cooper Discoverer ATP III
Rough Country 2" coil over and N3 shocks
4" nerf bars (Tyger Auto off Amazon)
Trifold soft cover (Tyger Auto off Amazon)

No plans to go hard and fast with mods, I drive the vast majority of my miles on pavement. But I do sometimes haul a trailered pit, and go off pavement. Will look to add LED headlights and fogs, might hide an LED bar behind the grill, and will add a cold air intake kit. But otherwise, I'm pretty much done with this truck. And damn, I love the way this drives in comparison to the bowtie 5.3 trucks I've been driving.

Few pics

IMG_6014.jpg

IMG_6015.jpg

2wd?
Sponsored

RLTW175

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 SCrew, STX 5.0
Occupation
Fire Starter/Meat Burner turned Sales Guy (but I still light fires)
Yes, 2WD. I don't do enough "off-roading" to justify 4WD. The places I go off-pavement are easy enough to navigate if you know how to drive.

jthomas386

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Leadfoot 502A
After a few months of ownership I finally got everything about where I want it until one of you, inevitably, convinces me otherwise. Rides better than stock and barely any loss of power or MPG... I'm in love.
LeadFoot 502A FX4 Max-Tow w/ 3.5EB
Suspension: Eibach Pro-Truck 2.0 Coilovers & Rear Shocks
Wheels: Fuel Rebel 20x9 (+20)
Tires: Nitto Recon Grappler 295/60r20
Ford F-150 LEAD FOOT F-150 (2021+) Club IMG_2314

Ford F-150 LEAD FOOT F-150 (2021+) Club IMG_2315

jrgonzo19

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT CC
Hello...What inch level on the front? Did you do anything to the rear. Really like the set up! Sharp
Sorry for the late response. Havent been on here in a while. its a 2" level. i wish it was a little bit higher in the front for a completely level look. nothing to the rear.

SPARKY150

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Electrician
I’m not much of a forums guy but I recently read up in the last few weeks and wanted to leave my truck on here with what I had done. I received my truck last week, a 21 Lariat in lead foot. First thing after I set up my Ford app on my phone I got a notification of free Nav and Blue Cruise for 3 years. I took it straight to my closest highway and let her rip. It’s pretty cool. It tells you when driver assist is on( it will steer but you have to have your hands on the wheel) and when it says hands free, you let go and it does the driving. A little nerve racking when you get into traffic but it does everything. Second, I just got a readylift 3.5” lift with BFG KO2 285/65/20 on the factory rims. No rubbing at all without removing anything. I’m pretty happy with the outcome and all the info I got from these forums. Here’s how she looks.
B7E6C0A3-FDEA-4402-A47A-ACB4D496A066.jpeg
4BD3CF68-3C89-4924-B54C-4982F34F7E0F.jpeg
47BD143D-D364-4161-97F4-3E720200F3B5.jpeg
How much rake does your truck still have? It’s hard to tell with it in the driveway. Thank you

Sponsored

Pelican

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat (502A) Supercrew 3.5L EcoBoost
Occupation
Financial Management
I'll join in. Just got my new 2021 F150 Lariet Sport 5.0 Supercrew 6.5" 502A with Max Tow.

Have always had lifted F250's and diesel's. OVER IT! LOVE this truck already and more I get use to all the tech the better it gets. Glad I did max tow just to have little heavier rear springs and big tank. Also prefer the gearing for towing and all around low end power. After years of aftermarket stereo's and sound cars, I also love the B&O Unleashed system for being OEM.

Pretty much done in my book,
Bone stock with rear lift block removed (Reverse Leveled)
Ford Expedition 22" OEM Wheels
295/50-22 Toyo AT3's (needed 1/8" wheel spacer to clear upper balljoint on UCA)
20% Tint in front windows

Reverse level keeps a good bit of rake how I have it. Even with 2 old 350lb vintage snowmobiles in bed it was not below front height. Absolutely no rubbing at all but its tight. Offset is near perfectly flush. Expedition wheels are a hair wider than F150 22's and make a near perfect factory flush fender look. Will take more pictures some day. For now still drooling as I walk up or away from it.

IMG_6867X.JPG

IMG_6868.JPG

IMG_6869.JPG

IMG_6902D.JPG
Hi Moroney167, the truck looks great. I the powerfold running boards look nice along with reverse level. If you wouldn't mind, please share the process to do the reverse. Thank you in advance.

toledo

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 xlt, 2021 bronco sport
No jerry rig needed they fit perfectly fine with no issues. Only difference is that you get slightly more lift than advertised because of the difference in suspension geometry of the new model. For example, I installed a 2 inch Bilstein 5100 shock and strut kit and got about 2.5 inches of front ride height vs stock. Same with the fox suspension, if you want an actual 2 inch lift you have to lower it 5/8inch under the 2 inch mark to achieve an actual 2 inch lift. Or else if you install at the 2 inch mark you'll get 2 5/8inch lift. Since most suspension upgrades have different height settings its not a big deal to go down a notch or lower it to achieve what you like because other than that they bolt up just the same as they do on previous models and work perfectly fine.
hello sorry im new here, so you installed the 5100 bilstein at the 2 inch mark AND a 2" spacer and got a total of 2.5 lift? im asking because i recently got my truck (2021 f150 xlt 4wd) and i have brand new 5100 from the previous gen that i never put on. I read somewhere that id be better off getting a spacer and adding it to the 5100 because its less stress on the truck.. is your bilstein at the stock height or the 2 inch? if possible can i get a picture of the underside?

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lead Foot Gray XLT 5.0 Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Veteran
hello sorry im new here, so you installed the 5100 bilstein at the 2 inch mark AND a 2" spacer and got a total of 2.5 lift? im asking because i recently got my truck (2021 f150 xlt 4wd) and i have brand new 5100 from the previous gen that i never put on. I read somewhere that id be better off getting a spacer and adding it to the 5100 because its less stress on the truck.. is your bilstein at the stock height or the 2 inch? if possible can i get a picture of the underside?
No spacer just bilstein 5100 struts at the highest 2.1 inch setting. It gave me about 2.5 inches of lift.
Ford F-150 LEAD FOOT F-150 (2021+) Club 4C246C08-3A60-492E-9221-977873ECB250

toledo

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 xlt, 2021 bronco sport
No spacer just bilstein 5100 struts at the highest 2.1 inch setting. It gave me about 2.5 inches of lift.
4C246C08-3A60-492E-9221-977873ECB250.jpeg
thanks for the quick response man i appreciate it! i cant wait to install it i just need to get tires!

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lead Foot Gray XLT 5.0 Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Veteran
thanks for the quick response man i appreciate it! i cant wait to install it i just need to get tires!
No problem brother, post up pictures when you do!

Sponsored

Moroney167

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 5.0
Hi Moroney167, the truck looks great. I the powerfold running boards look nice along with reverse level. If you wouldn't mind, please share the process to do the reverse. Thank you in advance.
Thanks a ton. I couldn't be happier how it has turned out and drives. Pretty simple really. I do not have specs on proper socket for U bolts or torque specs so please research that.

I put a long drop hitch in truck. Wheel on and all. CHOCK FRONT WHEELS for safety of course. Floor jack to pick up rear of truck body as high as you can hopefully hanging rear axle off ground or at least weight off. One side at a time I loosened U-Bolts until almost last thread. Was able to push and wiggle lift block out (approx 1.25" metal wedge between axle and rear leaf springs). Very little push up by hand on leaf springs and once out, you want to make sure the centering pin of springs falls right into center hole of axle. Lower it back down and cross pattern tighten U bolts back up. Torque down. Repeat other side. Drive maybe 100 miles and re check torque on U bolts. Enjoy.

Took me maybe 30 minutes in driveway but I have played with this job many of times. Can't wait for summer. Get truck detailed and update much better pictures.

Pelican

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat (502A) Supercrew 3.5L EcoBoost
Occupation
Financial Management
Thanks a ton. I couldn't be happier how it has turned out and drives. Pretty simple really. I do not have specs on proper socket for U bolts or torque specs so please research that.

I put a long drop hitch in truck. Wheel on and all. CHOCK FRONT WHEELS for safety of course. Floor jack to pick up rear of truck body as high as you can hopefully hanging rear axle off ground or at least weight off. One side at a time I loosened U-Bolts until almost last thread. Was able to push and wiggle lift block out (approx 1.25" metal wedge between axle and rear leaf springs). Very little push up by hand on leaf springs and once out, you want to make sure the centering pin of springs falls right into center hole of axle. Lower it back down and cross pattern tighten U bolts back up. Torque down. Repeat other side. Drive maybe 100 miles and re check torque on U bolts. Enjoy.

Took me maybe 30 minutes in driveway but I have played with this job many of times. Can't wait for summer. Get truck detailed and update much better pictures.
Thank you for the reply Moroney167

widmanak

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Rocky Ridge K2
Does anyone have a spec for a yellow led that will work in the rocky ridge front grill?