Sponsored

MAhauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer
Appreciate the update sir.

4 week slip in order acceptance, 2 week slip in production. Was to be expected I guess. Given the slow steps being implemented now to reopen plants, hopefully this schedule update flows out from the newest planning, reducing the probability of further delays going forward. One can only hope.
Yes really not bad at all. Plants begin reopening next week and these new updated dates were released Friday so the new dates are probably with the reopening date already factored in. That means these new dates will probably hold.
Sponsored

Mando

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford F-150 XLT
I am counting down the days...

2021 Order (8:00 AM, 15 June, 2020)
Ford F-150 Raptor SuperCrew 4x4 5.5'Bed (W1R)
Rapid Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat (D4)
Luxury Package (802A)
17” Forged Aluminum Bead-Lock Capable Wheel (64D)
Tailgate Step (with Tailgate Lift Assist) (63T)
Second-row Heated Seats (90H)

Aftermarket Additions
Line-X Platinum Bedliner
Amp Research PowerStep

Ready...Ready...Ready...
Nice anticipated build. Rapid Red Metallic isn't listed in the revealed 2021 colors list, but hopefully they continue making it for the Raptor. I'd love one in that color too. Looks SOO nice set off against the blacked out parts.

Ford F-150 2021 F-150 Ordering / Production Dates [Order Guide, Order Bank Info] {filename}

BOB L

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Mustang GT, 2015 Wrangler
What does "Scheduling Begins" mean? Does that affect us retail customers at all?

Striker Hawk

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
What does "Scheduling Begins" mean? Does that affect us retail customers at all?
Yes, it does. Orders Accepted is when Ford will allow Dealers to start placing orders, but trucks don't get build in the order that orders are received from Dealers. They get Scheduled based on parts and option availability at the plants. An individual option, or even the paint color, can delay your place in line until that option, or paint, is expected to be on-hand. Scheduling Begins is when they will start laying in the order of all those previously received Dealer Orders.

Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Occupation
Retired
So july is the new date to order the new truck. Can't wait it will be six one.

Sponsored

BOB L

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Mustang GT, 2015 Wrangler
Yes, it does. Orders Accepted is when Ford will allow Dealers to start placing orders, but trucks don't get build in the order that orders are received from Dealers. They get Scheduled based on parts and option availability at the plants. An individual option, or even the paint color, can delay your place in line until that option, or paint, is expected to be on-hand. Scheduling Begins is when they will start laying in the order of all those previously received Dealer Orders.
That's super helpful thanks. Hopefully there aren't more options/colors on constraint than usual due to parts suppliers still getting up to speed after Covid.

TAL2GK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 C2S, BMW Z4M Coupe, BMW X6
Looking at these dates - if I order in July, the truck won't be in my driveway until October at the earliest?

I'm buying a truck for towing since my SUVs are a little light in Payload capacity. I need it for a 500 mile tow the first week of October, which doesn't look likely if my first sentence proves to be true.

Striker Hawk

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Looking at these dates - if I order in July, the truck won't be in my driveway until October at the earliest?
With productions beginning on October 12, 2020 at the Dearborn Truck Plant, and the whole production and delivery timeline taking, on average, 4-6 weeks, you're really looking at the end of November as a realistic delivery window. Granted, some will take receipt of their vehicles a bit quicker than that, and an equal number will take receipt of their vehicles a bit slower than that.

Sponsored

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
When will trim & options pricing be released for the 2021 F150? Will X-Plan pricing be released at the same time? I assume whenever ordering opens?

Last edited:

Bobert78

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford Escape Titanium
anyone know when the configurator goes live

Asphaltman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2021 F150, 2018 F-150 1997 F-250H
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Order Bank opens tomorrow, any word on the order guide? I don't ever recall it being this close to the opening, but maybe I am not remembering.
Sponsored