First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F-150, 2020 Chevy Corvette, 2016 Ford Focus
Occupation
Assembler
I was just thinking the same thing. Hopefully it is just the console lid and not the entire console that would have to be swapped out.
No, unless you plan on swapping out shift assembly too, you have to get the one with the button to lower it so you can also lower the lid. The standard shifter is fixed and doesn't go down
Sponsored

executor485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Explorer Platinum
No, unless you plan on swapping out shift assembly too, you have to get the one with the button to lower it so you can also lower the lid. The standard shifter is fixed and doesn't go down
I was told/under the impression that the shifter folds no matter what. Lots of people aren't interested in the folding shifter, but were told it's going to be on regardless of the work surface option. Any chance you have pictures or proof that they have a non-folding shifter? That would make quite a few people quite happy :)

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
I was told/under the impression that the shifter folds no matter what. Lots of people aren't interested in the folding shifter, but were told it's going to be on regardless of the work surface option. Any chance you have pictures or proof that they have a non-folding shifter? That would make quite a few people quite happy :)
the column shifter doesnt fold :p

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
Since the diesel has not changed from last year it sure seems like a huge delay. Also you would think the work surface would not be that complicated compared to every thing else. Regardless, I feel the people that are impacted by this delay.

I’m hearing rumors about the powerboost getting delayed as well. until I hear something official I will assume it’s a rumor. Anyone have any real information on the powerboost?
I assume the diesel isn’t the go to popular choice, hence no rush on it and the materials or parts needed for it.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
That is exactly why I removed the max recline seats originally. I'll have to see how this plays out and what my dealer says. I still haven't checked with Future ford yet. My guy said no hybrids in his allocation got picked up Thursday, and he checked with Morgan Hill (the biggest bay area dealer) and non of their hybrids got picked up either. But he said Future is the largest dealer in NoCal and maybe that's why you got yours in, but now I see you ordered a Diesel and not the hybrid... He said he even went into an XLT ecoboost that got picked up and tried to change it to hybrid platinum for me and it was a no-go.

By the way, will you have to change your whole user name and bio if you don't end up getting a platinum diesel??
Makes sense. Hopefully the power boost doesn’t see that significant of delays. And no, I’m gonna get the truck I want eventually, just not now. Gonna get a sedan for now.

Sponsored

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
That’s just based on the 4mpg difference (highway 4x4 SCREW for each Which I have read is pretty accurate with the 10speed) and the difference in the cost of the fuels. The diesel should last longer of course. I’m just trying to help by saying you're not saving much of anything with the diesel on these trucks. Can’t really argue resale either since the diesel F150 buyer market is a niche. Compared to 3.5EB, Less HP, Less Torque, Less towing cap, less payload. I’m simply saying unless I HAD to have a diesel I wouldn’t be waiting that long for one at all. There are other good engine options out there.
Ive actually owned both, and the highway difference is not 4 mpg. Hence Ford being sued for lying about the efficiency of their EB engine across the board. Before modifying the suspension, my 3.0 averaged 28.1-30.8 on the highway. FX4 supercrew. My EB got 21 on a good day, 18.9 on most.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I would question the validity of this information. This long of a delay for a console and/or Diesel engine?!
I don’t see it. The CEO could make one phone call to suppliers and put pressure on them to meet Fords needs. Just my thoughts.
The Escape Hybrid for 2020 was cancelled for a similar constraint according to them. I personally know the guy I ordered through and he says the information is reliable. You are free to assume its made up, it makes absolutely no difference to me.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I with you on this, sounds like they just making stuff up.

There appears to be shortages and some delays because of it but the F150, especially the upper models, are the most important line to Fords success. This is based on actual information and statements put out by Ford. Not some dealer pulling stuff out of the air, I mean a dealer would never make stuff up would they? Lol
The guy I ordered through is the sales manager and is the husband of a long time friend and former coworker, so no, he isn't pulling anything out of the air or making things up. The supply constraints are real and aren't limited to Ford. Go read up on the Telluride and the issues they are facing. Its a nightmare.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
The guy I ordered through is the sales manager and is the husband of a long time friend and former coworker, so no, he isn't pulling anything out of the air or making things up. The supply constraints are real and aren't limited to Ford. Go read up on the Telluride and the issues they are facing. Its a nightmare.
Oh, I agree with you that there are delays and shortages but I don't agree with the estimate of Summer of 21 or whatever he was saying.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Oh, I agree with you that there are delays and shortages but I don't agree with the estimate of Summer of 21 or whatever he was saying.
Given how low of a priority the 3.0 is, it doesn’t sound unreasonable. I just can’t wait to find out as I have no vehicle right now.

Sponsored

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Given how low of a priority the 3.0 is, it doesn’t sound unreasonable. I just can’t wait to find out as I have no vehicle right now.
I hear ya and fully understand, I'm truckles and it is driving me nuts! This reminds me of the 2015 fiasco when they went to aluminum. I ordered early Dec and received my truck in mid Mar.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I hear ya and fully understand, I'm truckles and it is driving me nuts! This reminds me of the 2015 fiasco when they went to aluminum. I ordered early Dec and received my truck in mid Mar.
COVID man. COVID ruins all haha.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Ive actually owned both, and the highway difference is not 4 mpg. Hence Ford being sued for lying about the efficiency of their EB engine across the board. Before modifying the suspension, my 3.0 averaged 28.1-30.8 on the highway. FX4 supercrew. My EB got 21 on a good day, 18.9 on most.
Yikes! My 2017 4x2 EB has 18/25 on the window sticker and I found it to be super accurate (details below), and it was a fun game of mine for 2.5 months to try to "win" and beat these numbers until I got the snugtop shell.

City was subjective but I commuted 130 miles to/from work once per week, so a lot of freeway. I could beat 25mpg when going 55-60mph if I took routes like hwy 160 or 12 or 84 or various combinations between Sac and San Jose. But if I just took interstate I tend to go 75-80mph and only get about 23mpg. 65mph appeared to be where the EPA rated the mpg as that is where I would get 25mpg.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Wow. I ordered back in late August — if the work surface is pushing my truck to June 2021, guess I’m getting a Tundra.
Might want to rethink this.
My neighbor is friendly with one of the R/D guys and he says Toyota is doing something similar as Ford. Making a lot of subtle changes in and out.
Be nice to see something different come out of that property soon as I have been looking at the same truck in different colors forever now.
Drive past it twice a day.
All that place and truck has done for me, is to screw up my rural commute.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Yikes! My 2017 4x2 EB has 18/25 on the window sticker and I found it to be super accurate (details below), and it was a fun game of mine for 2.5 months to try to "win" and beat these numbers until I got the snugtop shell.

City was subjective but I commuted 130 miles to/from work once per week, so a lot of freeway. I could beat 25mpg when going 55-60mph if I took routes like hwy 160 or 12 or 84 or various combinations between Sac and San Jose. But if I just took interstate I tend to go 75-80mph and only get about 23mpg. 65mph appeared to be where the EPA rated the mpg as that is where I would get 25mpg.
Sounds like your EB was better than mine haha. Or maybe the 4x2 is helping you get higher numbers. Either way, not hating on the EB, just saying with how much freeway driving I do, the 3.0 is the best choice for me.
Sponsored