Sponsored

Sparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Since the diesel has not changed from last year it sure seems like a huge delay. Also you would think the work surface would not be that complicated compared to every thing else. Regardless, I feel the people that are impacted by this delay.

I’m hearing rumors about the powerboost getting delayed as well. until I hear something official I will assume it’s a rumor. Anyone have any real information on the powerboost?
Sponsored

GoldenGuinea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 Ruby Red Lariat Screw
Does anyone know if adding the work surface later is just a matter of swapping out the center storage cover from the non work surface cover to the work surface one?

drewsd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
The dealer I ordered from provided an update today. He reached out to someone higher up in the company and was told that "material constraints" is pushing back production across the board. In my case, the interior work surface and Diesel engine pushed back my truck to June 2021 best case scenario. I don't mean to offend anyone with this next statement, as this is my personal opinion, but buying a truck that has a gasoline engine isn't worth for me at all. So I opted to cancel my order and get something else for the next year.
Wow. I ordered back in late August — if the work surface is pushing my truck to June 2021, guess I’m getting a Tundra.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
I’m surprised that they would let a piece of plastic delay thousands of trucks... my dealer said they thought the work surface would be here sooner than later, but that’s not based on much.

On the need for diesel efficiency, you mean for fuel mileage to justify the truck? It would take almost 600,000 highway miles to make up the difference of going to the diesel from the 3.5EB in fuel costs. Not saying there isn’t value but I wouldn’t be making the decision on fuel economy.
If you base it off EPA numbers, sure, but I've owned both and the EcoBoost consistently got below EPA ratings while the diesel exceeds them. The difference is much bigger. Not sure where you are getting 600k miles lol. Not to mention longevity of the engine, which the diesel should outlast the EB.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
Wow. I ordered back in late August — if the work surface is pushing my truck to June 2021, guess I’m getting a Tundra.
Im sure if you drop the work surface and do NOT select any late options, you'll get your truck sooner.

Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Im sure if you drop the work surface and do NOT select any late options, you'll get your truck sooner.
That is exactly why I removed the max recline seats originally. I'll have to see how this plays out and what my dealer says. I still haven't checked with Future ford yet. My guy said no hybrids in his allocation got picked up Thursday, and he checked with Morgan Hill (the biggest bay area dealer) and non of their hybrids got picked up either. But he said Future is the largest dealer in NoCal and maybe that's why you got yours in, but now I see you ordered a Diesel and not the hybrid... He said he even went into an XLT ecoboost that got picked up and tried to change it to hybrid platinum for me and it was a no-go.

By the way, will you have to change your whole user name and bio if you don't end up getting a platinum diesel??

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
If you base it off EPA numbers, sure, but I've owned both and the EcoBoost consistently got below EPA ratings while the diesel exceeds them. The difference is much bigger. Not sure where you are getting 600k miles lol. Not to mention longevity of the engine, which the diesel should outlast the EB.
That’s just based on the 4mpg difference (highway 4x4 SCREW for each Which I have read is pretty accurate with the 10speed) and the difference in the cost of the fuels. The diesel should last longer of course. I’m just trying to help by saying you're not saving much of anything with the diesel on these trucks. Can’t really argue resale either since the diesel F150 buyer market is a niche. Compared to 3.5EB, Less HP, Less Torque, Less towing cap, less payload. I’m simply saying unless I HAD to have a diesel I wouldn’t be waiting that long for one at all. There are other good engine options out there.

Reeltime

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2018 Murano
Occupation
IT Consultant
Does anyone know if adding the work surface later is just a matter of swapping out the center storage cover from the non work surface cover to the work surface one?
I was just thinking the same thing. Hopefully it is just the console lid and not the entire console that would have to be swapped out.

CareyWKU

First Name
Carey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
The dealer I ordered from provided an update today. He reached out to someone higher up in the company and was told that "material constraints" is pushing back production across the board. In my case, the interior work surface and Diesel engine pushed back my truck to June 2021 best case scenario. I don't mean to offend anyone with this next statement, as this is my personal opinion, but buying a truck that has a gasoline engine isn't worth for me at all. So I opted to cancel my order and get something else for the next year.
I would question the validity of this information. This long of a delay for a console and/or Diesel engine?!
I don’t see it. The CEO could make one phone call to suppliers and put pressure on them to meet Fords needs. Just my thoughts.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
I would question the validity of this information. This long of a delay for a console and/or Diesel engine?!
I don’t see it. The CEO could make one phone call to suppliers and put pressure on them to meet Fords needs. Just my thoughts.
I with you on this, sounds like they just making stuff up.

There appears to be shortages and some delays because of it but the F150, especially the upper models, are the most important line to Fords success. This is based on actual information and statements put out by Ford. Not some dealer pulling stuff out of the air, I mean a dealer would never make stuff up would they? Lol

Sponsored

Canada-guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150
Occupation
Sales
I ordered my truck back in August as well and still havnt even got the VIN# yet. I am up in Canada too. Anyone in CANADA get a VIN# or ETA yet?

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I just got some good news today, my ordering guy sent me the latest information on my order.

It actually moved up one day to the now the 12th of Nov. I think that is a good sign the production line must be moving along well and the hybrid systems are flowing. If they weren't, then this close to my actual build it would have moved the other direction.

Again mine was a stock order.

2021 F-150 - VIN 1FTFW1ED1MFA02062
Full History

Status
ETA
Primary
Secondary
Vehicle Location
Status Date / Time
Start Date
End Date
ETA Disposition
In Order ProcessingScheduled to Day (Nov-12-2020)Ford Dearborn Assembly, MISep-26-2020, 11:29 EDTTBDTBDN/A
In Order ProcessingScheduled to Week (Week -of Nov-09-2020)Ford Dearborn Assembly, MISep-19-2020, 08:03 EDTTBDTBDN/A
In Order ProcessingScheduled to Day (Oct-26-2020)Ford Dearborn Assembly, MISep-10-2020, 12:40 EDTTBDTBDN/A
In Order ProcessingScheduled to Week (Week -of Oct-26-2020)Ford Dearborn Assembly, MIAug-20-2020, 07:16 EDTTBDTBDN/A
In Order ProcessingUnscheduled- CleanAug-14-2020, 15:17 EDT

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
I just got some good news today, my ordering guy sent me the latest information on my order.

It actually moved up one day to the now the 12th of Nov. I think that is a good sign the production line must be moving along well and the hybrid systems are flowing. If they weren't, then this close to my actual build it would have moved the other direction.

Again mine was a stock order.

2021 F-150 - VIN 1FTFW1ED1MFA02062
Full History

Status
ETA
Primary
Secondary
Vehicle Location
Status Date / Time
Start Date
End Date
ETA Disposition
In Order ProcessingScheduled to Day (Nov-12-2020)Ford Dearborn Assembly, MISep-26-2020, 11:29 EDTTBDTBDN/A
In Order ProcessingScheduled to Week (Week -of Nov-09-2020)Ford Dearborn Assembly, MISep-19-2020, 08:03 EDTTBDTBDN/A
In Order ProcessingScheduled to Day (Oct-26-2020)Ford Dearborn Assembly, MISep-10-2020, 12:40 EDTTBDTBDN/A
In Order ProcessingScheduled to Week (Week -of Oct-26-2020)Ford Dearborn Assembly, MIAug-20-2020, 07:16 EDTTBDTBDN/A
In Order ProcessingUnscheduled- CleanAug-14-2020, 15:17 EDT
Very Nice! I am still on the 50M wait train. Did you have this option, I can't remember. Let us know if you hear more on the part availability delay bulletins.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Very Nice! I am still on the 50M wait train. Did you have this option, I can't remember. Let us know if you hear more on the part availability delay bulletins.
I did not, I'm retired so no need for working in my truck any more... Lol

I'm still waiting on this weeks update on the F150 production statement, if not today he said tomorrow.

I may start a new thread for that printout, I think it would be easier to see it and keep the questions and statements tied to that info better.

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
I did not, I'm retired so no need for working in my truck any more... Lol

I'm still waiting on this weeks update on the F150 production statement, if not today he said tomorrow.

I may start a new thread for that printout, I think it would be easier to see it and keep the questions and statements tied to that info better.
yes do a new thread for that please! I don’t want to miss that.
Sponsored