Sponsored

GoldenGuinea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 Ruby Red Lariat Screw
Any idea what could cause this delay? I mean its not some electrical or powered peice of equipment. Also would any one with connections be able to find out if it would be as simple as switching the regular console cover with the work surface cover later on?
Sponsored

MileHiGuy

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3500 Ram CTD Mega Cap
Occupation
Contractor
Maybe I am missing something but isn’t the delay defined as 12/14 for the work surface? Just ordered a Platinum on Friday. Hoping for a January build but the dealer has no real clue on the expectation.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Why exactly do you believe it will be a while? I’m genuinely curious.
I am basing it soley on this statement from Ford. They don't give a date like they do on items that are a short delay or low inventory. The 50M code is the work surface item, it may update with when they will be available later.

This is why I'm posting this information to try and help folks on this forum. These forums have helped me with past and present orders and I'm just trying to pay it
forward. Should be accurate, may just be my region but seems to be the case everywhere.

I believe Granger is stating the same info.

I hoping to get another update tomorrow.

Ford F-150 (22 Oct) 2021 F-150 Production Update and Constraints 1603641522395

Last edited:
OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Maybe I am missing something but isn’t the delay defined as 12/14 for the work surface? Just ordered a Platinum on Friday. Hoping for a January build but the dealer has no real clue on the expectation.
12/14 I think was for the full reclining seats.

MileHiGuy

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3500 Ram CTD Mega Cap
Occupation
Contractor
Thanks Bob. Appreciate your input on these forums.
I’ll see if my dealer can work this question up the food chain. I would like the work surface especially if this crazy pandemic has us eating in the truck as it has in the past 6 months ?. I joked with my wife that the factories need to come with a TV tray option??

Sponsored

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
I am basing it soley on this statement from Ford. They don't give a date like they do on items that are a short delay or low inventory. The 50M code is the work surface item.

This is why I'm posting this information to try and help folks on this forum. These forums have helped me with past and present orders and I'm just trying to pay it
forward. Should be accurate, may just be my region but seems to be the case everywhere.

I believe Granger is stating the same info.

1603641522395.png
Thanks for that. We all appreciate the help, I just wasn’t aware that no reference meant no date. Pretty disappointing. At what point do I pull my order and wait for a 2022? If it is going to be mid 2021 for a 2021 with the features they advertised in June of 2020, it starts to get pretty disappointing.

My dealer said it would be about eight weeks (from 9/20) and took my car on trade when I placed the order. Then I find out they had no reason to quote that time, and they didn’t even know that low priority was better than high in the queue... so they are no help. At least I have you guys, haha.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Thanks for that. We all appreciate the help, I just wasn’t aware that no reference meant no date. Pretty disappointing. At what point do I pull my order and wait for a 2022? If it is going to be mid 2021 for a 2021 with the features they advertised in June of 2020, it starts to get pretty disappointing.

My dealer said it would be about eight weeks (from 9/20) and took my car on trade when I placed the order. Then I find out they had no reason to quote that time, and they didn’t even know that low priority was better than high in the queue... so they are no help. At least I have you guys, haha.
I would give it till they achieve OKTB status which I hoping is within the next 2 to 3 weeks. About a week before that line starts running full speed, they will start scheduling retail orders and spitting them out at a more normal rate.

If they had some Chinese company building the work surface, then that may be where the glitch is. If so, maybe they will award it to some American company to pick it up. I'm just guess here but could be a high probability.

The virus has thrown everyone in a tail spin and all planning got thrown out the window, seems like it is now starting to get pieced together again.

I hope the rail system is not in a bind for that can be a choke point too (i'm knocking on wood).

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
I would give it till they achieve OKTB status which I hoping is within the next 2 to 3 weeks. About a week before that line starts running full speed, they will start scheduling retail orders and spitting them out at a more normal rate.

If they had some Chinese company building the work surface, then that may be where the glitch is. If so, maybe they will award it to some American company to pick it up. I'm just guess here but could be a high probability.

The virus has thrown everyone in a tail spin and all planning got thrown out the window, seems like it is now starting to get pieced together again.

I hope the rail system is not in a bind for that can be a choke point too (i'm knocking on wood).
Yep, I have come to the above conclusions as well, just wasn’t the picture painted by the dealership, and supply chain issues on options don’t help.

What is the “rail system” you speak of?

executor485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Explorer Platinum
Yep, I have come to the above conclusions as well, just wasn’t the picture painted by the dealership, and supply chain issues on options don’t help.

What is the “rail system” you speak of?
Literal train rails. Lots of manufacturing still relies on it for mass transport.

goatlord99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Supercrew Lariat Powerboost
Whatever will be...will be

I do find myself in a little pickle though... wasn't thinking about delays....and I need a new vehicle sooner than later. Guess I can buy a used car to hold me over.

Sponsored

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
Whatever will be...will be

I do find myself in a little pickle though... wasn't thinking about delays....and I need a new vehicle sooner than later. Guess I can buy a used car to hold me over.
The dealer I ordered from provided an update today. He reached out to someone higher up in the company and was told that "material constraints" is pushing back production across the board. In my case, the interior work surface and Diesel engine pushed back my truck to June 2021 best case scenario. I don't mean to offend anyone with this next statement, as this is my personal opinion, but buying a truck that has a gasoline engine isn't worth for me at all. So I opted to cancel my order and get something else for the next year.

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
The dealer I ordered from provided an update today. He reached out to someone higher up in the company and was told that "material constraints" is pushing back production across the board. In my case, the interior work surface and Diesel engine pushed back my truck to June 2021 best case scenario. I don't mean to offend anyone with this next statement, as this is my personal opinion, but buying a truck that has a gasoline engine isn't worth for me at all. So I opted to cancel my order and get something else for the next year.
Did he say which options pushed it into June? The diesel or the work surface?

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
Did he say which options pushed it into June? The diesel or the work surface?
From the sound of it, both the work surface and the 3.0 diesel, but the materials for the work surface were a bigger issue according to him as its a highly ordered and popular option for the truck, as the diesel isn't that popular. I just commute 70 miles per day and needed the efficient 3.0 to justify it. But I cant go without a vehicle for an entire year.

goatlord99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Supercrew Lariat Powerboost
june would be a deal breaker for me as well, just emailed my sales guy (who seems less informed than most on here)

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
From the sound of it, both the work surface and the 3.0 diesel, but the materials for the work surface were a bigger issue according to him as its a highly ordered and popular option for the truck, as the diesel isn't that popular. I just commute 70 miles per day and needed the efficient 3.0 to justify it. But I cant go without a vehicle for an entire year.
I’m surprised that they would let a piece of plastic delay thousands of trucks... my dealer said they thought the work surface would be here sooner than later, but that’s not based on much.

On the need for diesel efficiency, you mean for fuel mileage to justify the truck? It would take almost 600,000 highway miles to make up the difference of going to the diesel from the 3.5EB in fuel costs. Not saying there isn’t value but I wouldn’t be making the decision on fuel economy.
Sponsored