Sponsored

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
Looks like the front bench seat with 50M with the listed trims is not available yet. I think that is the work surface item in a bench seat.

Screenshot (7).png

To be clear the 50M work surface SKU is only the console version. There is another version for the bench seat. What I don't know is what the trim codes are.
Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I should had done this at the beginning to help make it read better.

daemonic3
Star white is ok at Dearborn, mine is star white and scheduled but is a KR so don't know if that is true across the board but would bet it is.

2021 F150 Production Scheduling Notes.jpg
Oh I see, it looked cut off like the KC list may have more colors listed but if Race Red is the last thing listed then that's great!

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Oh I see, it looked cut off like the KC list may have more colors listed but if Race Red is the last thing listed then that's great!
It was the last line

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Do we know what the referred to trims are on the work surface delay, the two letter acronyms?
They are all listed in the Source Book, which is posted as a Forum header (or you can search for it). They start on Page 44. I can save you some time, though, it is all trim levels with the 40/Console/40 layout.

ldsavow

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Internet Admin
Looks like my Platinum is still on track for delivery by the end of December then!
SNAFU in full effect.. :D :D

Sponsored

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
Looks like my Platinum is still on track for delivery by the end of December then!
SNAFU in full effect.. :D :D
No work surface option on that platinum? Curious why you wouldn’t option it honestly. Unfortunately they aren’t showing any availability.

Last edited:

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
No work surface option on that platinum? Curious why you wouldn’t option it honestly. Unfortunately they aren’t showing any availability.
One reason not to order it is the latch eats up about 2" of your elbow space on the armrest, and just as I suspected, it was right where my elbow wanted to rest, so rest on a nice soft padded leather console lid, or rest it on a hard chrome plastic piece...easy decision to leave it off. Plus when that shifter motor breaks it's going to cost way more than $165 to fix it...

keithw1975

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 302A, 2023 Explorer ST, 1999 Ram 3500
One reason not to order it is the latch eats up about 2" of your elbow space on the armrest, and just as I suspected, it was right where my elbow wanted to rest, so rest on a nice soft padded leather console lid, or rest it on a hard chrome plastic piece...easy decision to leave it off. Plus when that shifter motor breaks it's going to cost way more than $165 to fix it...
I work at a print shop and we have equipment with electric motors with hundreds of millions of activations. The machines are replaced before the motors wear out. If that shifter wears out, then it is defective.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I thought they all come with the shiftier motor.

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
I work at a print shop and we have equipment with electric motors with hundreds of millions of activations. The machines are replaced before the motors wear out. If that shifter wears out, then it is defective.
Sorry, as an engineer, the fold down shifter is a complete marketing gimmick that overly complicates a high use item. A $0.43 pop-up rotary knob would have done the job and left more useable space in the console for better storage, better cupholders, etc. The motor may not break, but whatever attaches it to the shifter, and the other components in the system are all additional failure points that didn't need to be there. Hell, a column shifter would have worked too, just like they have since the '50s. And the electric motors specified for industrial equipment aren't quite in the same class as the components used in automobile interiors. Ever had a power window motor fail? How about the motorized face stereo head units? I'd hate to have to call a tow truck when my F-150 is immobile because something in the shifter mechanism is broken in the retracted position, or a sensor screws up, but to each their own.

Sponsored

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sorry, as an engineer, the fold down shifter is a complete marketing gimmick that overly complicates a high use item. A $0.43 pop-up rotary knob would have done the job and left more useable space in the console for better storage, better cupholders, etc. The motor may not break, but whatever attaches it to the shifter, and the other components in the system are all additional failure points that didn't need to be there. Hell, a column shifter would have worked too, just like they have since the '50s. And the electric motors specified for industrial equipment aren't quite in the same class as the components used in automobile interiors. Ever had a power window motor fail? How about the motorized face stereo head units? I'd hate to have to call a tow truck when my F-150 is immobile because something in the shifter mechanism is broken in the retracted position, or a sensor screws up, but to each their own.
Or power failer, electric circuit fart, bad connection ect ect.

How would they tow it if it is down and not working? Have to drag the wheels I guess.

Maybe it will have a manual release or something to allow you to manually pull it up.

I doubt I will ever use it except to show it off to my friends and then never touch it again. Lol

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Or power failer, electric circuit fart, bad connection ect ect.

How would they tow it if it is down and not working? Have to drag the wheels I guess.

Maybe it will have a manual release or something to allow you to manually pull it up.

I doubt I will ever use it except to show it off to my friends and then never touch it again. Lol
There's gotta be a manual release, no? If the car is non startable or battery failure it cannot be towed unless you put the shifter in neutral, or at least I think that is what I remember when taking out the plastic cap and using a screwdriver on an old toyota I had.

Not saying it won't fail, just saying they BETTER have a manual override for safety reasons!

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Since it is an electronic shifter without an actual mechanical shift cable, maybe there will be a menu thru SYNC 4 or the Electronic Dash functions to shift the vehicle if the shifter is inoperable? Or a scanner hack?

Crapblaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
I went to two different test drives in Dallas. Neither team could answer the question of if it had a motorized shifter without the workspace option. It's gonna look a little off with a hole for a shifter that doesn't move.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
There's gotta be a manual release, no? If the car is non startable or battery failure it cannot be towed unless you put the shifter in neutral, or at least I think that is what I remember when taking out the plastic cap and using a screwdriver on an old toyota I had.

Not saying it won't fail, just saying they BETTER have a manual override for safety reasons!
I cannot confirm, but I’d say it’s HIGHLY LIKELY there is an override of some sort. I’m pretty confident it’s government mandated. I work with cars a lot that have been wrecked, overheated, or otherwise disabled and the shifter won’t work. You may have to YouTube a tutorial, but every car I’ve come across has an unlock/override somewhere to get it into neutral for the exact reason of towing and moving when the vehicle can’t move under its own power.
Sponsored