truckeenick

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Cruiser 100 series, Lexus GX
Hi All,

I just put a custom order in for a lariat sport 502a yesterday, fired up! A question on my build that perhaps the community can help. I'm pretty ambivalent about the power tailgate and work surface, but definitely want the step. My sales associate was sure that lariats come with the step by default, and that I only needed to select the other options if I wanted power/surface, so I did not select those.

Is this correct? Do all lariats come with manual tailgate step standard? I can't seem to find that documented anywhere.
Sponsored

ryanc111

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leadfoot Powerboost
My understanding from the order book is that the step only comes with the Power tailgate and work surface. I wanted the step but didn't want the weight or expense of the power tailgate so doing without on my Laramie. Will likely put an AMP step on the bumper when they are available.

TNKIRK

First Name
TERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 FORD F150 LARIAT SUPERCAB
Occupation
R V SALES
My understanding from the order book is that the step only comes with the Power tailgate and work surface. I wanted the step but didn't want the weight or expense of the power tailgate so doing without on my Laramie. Will likely put an AMP step on the bumper when they are available.
My Lariat 502a has the powered step............This is the only way to get the step..............

OP
OP

truckeenick

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Cruiser 100 series, Lexus GX
Okay, thats what I think as well, I'll go back and update the order to include the power, surface, & step. Thanks guys!

Louis

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.enormis.net
Vehicles
21 F150 Crew 3.5 Lariat Sport 502a 6.5bed FX4
Occupation
Biz Owner
Okay, thats what I think as well, I'll go back and update the order to include the power, surface, & step. Thanks guys!
I have a LARIAT 502A with Power Tailgate
I think your Salesman Is right about the TAILGATE step. IF you oorder the POWER TAILGATE....The Tailgate STEP is not an "option" as it is INCLUDED with the POWER Tailgate. At least for me.

Caution: Others may be confusing your tailgate step with the "POWER STEPS" on the SIDE of the truck... which, of course is an option.
I included My window sticker to show that the tailgate step is NOT listed separately but listed WITH the POWER TAILGATE.... I can verify... HAVE IT. :)

Ford F-150 Lariat tailgate step & Power tailgate Sticker Lariat 502A Power Tailgate

Sponsored

ryken

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Sport; '19 Honda Odyssey
Definitely need the power tailgate to get the step. My 502A Lariat without the power tailgate does not have the step.

JimMoran

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 T-Bird, 2020 Explorer ST, 2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
retired
I have a Lariat with the power tailgate, and work service. My question is this— I had a spray in bed liner done by the dealer, in my 18 they also sprayed the tailgate, because of the work surface they did not spray the painted surfaces on the tailgate. When moving items in and out of the bed the painted surfaces get scratched— ant suggestions.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
I suggest getting the tailgate sprayed.

smyph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Stuff and thing
I thought I would not care about power gate, but now that I have it i think it’s great.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
.... because of the work surface they did not spray the painted surfaces on the tailgate.
The dealer did you no favors with that lazy bedliner job.

When Line-X did mine they removed the plastic work sruface to spray the exposed metal of the tailgate (see attached pic). Looks and works great, absolutely no issues with power tailgate operation, they did NOT remove the tailgate or any of the tailgate electrical connections to do this bedliner application.

Suggest that if the dealer won't do it, try an independent bedliner vendor.

Ford F-150 Lariat tailgate step & Power tailgate 04 R
Sponsored