First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Occupation
Sales Manager
Before I read any reviews on the two tone interior of the Lariat sport interior I really liked the look of it. Admittedly the door panels look a little too reddish in online videos but the dash and console look like a nice saddle brown. I was almost going to go with the chrome appearance package because of all the negative chatter online about it being too red looking. But I already have a 2016 XLT with chrome and was. Looking to go away from that look. I finally found one on the lot to look at in person and the door panels didn’t look red at all to me and pretty much matched the dash and console. I liked it so much I have ordered my 2022 Lariat 501a mid in Carbonized Grey with the sport appearance package. I get that a lot of you like the all black for a sport, that’s actually what I originally wanted, but this look is a nice change up. I love the King Ranch but it’s a little more of a western look and this new Lariat interior is sort of a town & country vibe in my opinion. All that to ask this question. Is there maybe some variation from vehicle to vehicle on the brown color being used for the door panels? For those of you that have received your 2021 model, what is your feedback?
Sponsored

jthomas386

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Leadfoot 502A
Before I read any reviews on the two tone interior of the Lariat sport interior I really liked the look of it. Admittedly the door panels look a little too reddish in online videos but the dash and console look like a nice saddle brown. I was almost going to go with the chrome appearance package because of all the negative chatter online about it being too red looking. But I already have a 2016 XLT with chrome and was. Looking to go away from that look. I finally found one on the lot to look at in person and the door panels didn’t look red at all to me and pretty much matched the dash and console. I liked it so much I have ordered my 2022 Lariat 501a mid in Carbonized Grey with the sport appearance package. I get that a lot of you like the all black for a sport, that’s actually what I originally wanted, but this look is a nice change up. I love the King Ranch but it’s a little more of a western look and this new Lariat interior is sort of a town & country vibe in my opinion. All that to ask this question. Is there maybe some variation from vehicle to vehicle on the brown color being used for the door panels? For those of you that have received your 2021 model, what is your feedback?
I was hesitant at first as well due to the red look in online pics but in person I really like the contrast and it's definitely more of a dark brown rich color

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
It’s darker in person and I honestly don’t even notice it in person. It photographs horribly, especially if there is flash. It’s also a great break up of all black.

I’d buy it again.
I would too. I like it, the break up of all black. It's really nice.

WRS

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Aviation
I like it on my Rapid Red, nice contrast. I could see it clashing with Blue, but think it works with any other colors.

Sponsored

jeffrt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, 5.0L
I too was nervous while I waited for it to show up, but now that I have it, I'm very happy. Definitely not as red as it looks in photos online. I think it gives it a classy look.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150

It is hard to describe, but I call it "chocolatey" . The door trim and dash will be exactly the same and should not vary in their overall color. I have it on mine, and do like it more in person than in photos. It certainly breaks up the monotony of a straight black interior.

My truck is finished in Velocity Blue Metallic, and I was worried it would not match that well. No issues so far, and it still looks great!

Orange-F150

First Name
Werner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I call it a rust/burgundy red, I thought it would be to red, but when I saw it in person it actually was OK. Was going to order a rapid red one with it. Decided to get a oxford white with black appearance package instead. I actually have both on order. If the BAP takes too long I will take the red and cancel the white and BAP one. I have time to still change my mind and go with either. The funny thing is the one with Black Appearance package actually came out $1500 cheaper due to the fact that the red on, without BAP, had to specifically get 20" wheels and powered running boards, where as these two are included in the BAP. Unless my dealer has made a mistake somewhere.....

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
I'm with everyone else, didn't think I would like it at first, but once I got it and got use to it, I love it. Breaks up the interior from being just all black, plus with tinted windows you really don't even notice after a while.

Something I did notice here recently, some of the interior trim pieces are a nice glossy metallic grey with the sport package, versus just a dull matte grey on those same pieces without the sport package.

OP
OP
JPNewIn22

JPNewIn22

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Occupation
Sales Manager
I'm with everyone else, didn't think I would like it at first, but once I got it and got use to it, I love it. Breaks up the interior from being just all black, plus with tinted windows you really don't even notice after a while.

Something I did notice here recently, some of the interior trim pieces are a nice glossy metallic grey with the sport package, versus just a dull matte grey on those same pieces without the sport package.
Perfect; thanks! I’m super excited for mine to come in but it’s gonna be a while ?

Sponsored

Donnelly713

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
I wasn’t a fan on test drive couldn’t get over it- so went with a non sport lariat that has all black interior and don’t mind the chrome was the lesser of two evils. I will agree with other posts tho, the sport interior does look much better in person than pics

DBL R

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
PA
Definitely darker brown in person. My wife was the one who wanted the 2 tone interior. I wanted no chrome on the vehicle. So lariat sport fit the bill. I’m very happy with how it looks.

SmokinOkie

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat
I didn’t like the two tone of the sports and was torn on purchase, finally found a used Lariat chrome package (all black interior) with front and rear bumpers painted to match which was perfect for me.

Ford F-150 Lariat Sport Interior Survey 480CBBED-D617-4745-B49F-BF230A6B7AB3

Ford F-150 Lariat Sport Interior Survey 72AE4685-81B4-4259-81E7-A60EF8445280

SPARKY150

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Electrician
I love the brown/ black two tone. At first I was skeptical because the pics online but I took the risk and ordered it anyways and I am glad I did. It’s a very rich brown. It does have a hint of red in it but it’s definitely brown. I love the look and everyone Ik has loved it.

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
I really dig the black headliner and a/b/c pillar vs gray with the non-sport.

Also I dislike chrome.

Damn ford for making everything I wanted except the all black interior.

Why is that so hard? What focus group wanted red/burgundy interior bits everywhere? I want names.
Sponsored