Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
I think it gives it a significantly "cleaner" look. Black stainless steel so if that is correct it will look better than the OEM.

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
I saw these on eBay as well and have been watching them. I kinda like the look but haven't bitten the bullet on them yet.

Bart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 502A EB BAP (ordered 1/15)
Definitely looks clean. I might have to see one in person on a truck before I got on board though.

Xchevyguy

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150
Just by what I canll from the pics, I'd be worried about reduced air flow to the radiator, escepially since I see the Ecoboost can ran a little warmer than you might expect.

Sponsored

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
Just by what I canll from the pics, I'd be worried about reduced air flow to the radiator, escepially since I see the Ecoboost can ran a little warmer than you might expect.
^ Thas is my thought exactly. It looks like it allows significant less air to pass through.

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Sport SuperCrew 5.0L
I am also interested in adding a finishing touch to my Lariat grille and really like the idea of the grille inserts that were posted but not sure about the wire mesh. I am thinking it might look "cheap". I also worry that, even though they say they are "stainless steel", the price makes me think that over time they would rust and be a headache to keep looking clean. Instead I would love to find plastic inserts that have the same OEM honeycomb pattern as the Raptor or STX. I haven't really looked for them so maybe they are available somewhere. The problem I can see adding that type of insert is the Lariat grille has all of those vertical support pieces that may be visible or interfere with recessing the inserts. Cutting them out may be the way to eliminate that problem but not sure I have the nerves for that just yet.

Ford F-150 Lariat Sport Grille Insert - Opinions Wanted s-l1600

Ford F-150 Lariat Sport Grille Insert - Opinions Wanted s-l1600 (1)

12Lariat21

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502A
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I just accidentally came across this listing on eBay and thought it looked pretty interesting. I have been 50/50 on the Lariat Sport grille for a while now, and I kinda think these inserts might help give it a more "finished" look without looking tacky. Any thoughts? (My silver truck is shown for reference.)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3139093013...ywAHgX8yFn3OeoxSu_rXRARonMRYTMsEaAuufEALw_wcB

s-l400.jpg

20220422_154021.jpg
The truck image doesn't seem to represent the actual product very well. The part images look like there is a lot more air flow area that what is pictured on that dark grey truck...

Ford F-150 Lariat Sport Grille Insert - Opinions Wanted 1653050734365

Someone just needs to be the guinea pig and try it out, and let the rest of us know....Drilling is required, so, I'm not willing to. It is otherwise a decent looking grill insert.

OP
OP
thebigdu

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
I saw these on eBay as well and have been watching them. I kinda like the look but haven't bitten the bullet on them yet.
I think we're on the same page about the Sport grille. I saw your other thread about a Tremor style grille. Wondered if you'd come across this thread on the F150Forum:

https://www.f150forum.com/f129/lariat-sport-grill-painted-photoshop-492832/index3/#post7049262

I'm very interested in doing something like the specific post that I linked (#28) showing a silver center bar on a silver truck.

Also, a couple of different takes on different color center bars can be seen here:

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/lariat-grill-vinyl-mod-tremor-like.7214/

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
I’m likely in the minority, but I’d be worried about heat soak.

Edit: and before you get on about “it’s got a cold air intake”, stop and go in 90* heat will quickly defeat that.

Reactions: sbi

Sponsored

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solutions Architect
The truck image doesn't seem to represent the actual product very well. The part images look like there is a lot more air flow area that what is pictured on that dark grey truck...

1653050734365.png

Someone just needs to be the guinea pig and try it out, and let the rest of us know....Drilling is required, so, I'm not willing to. It is otherwise a decent looking grill insert.
I didn't consider airflow, but as you said ,I dont' think it's as bad as some might think it is. I had 2 concerns:

1. drilling into the grill. I think this could be done without that if the manufacture wanted to put some effort into it and got clever.
2. I don't know if I like the heavy border around each section. I feel that could be smaller.

I think we're on the same page about the Sport grille. I saw your other thread about a Tremor style grille. Wondered if you'd come across this thread on the F150Forum:

https://www.f150forum.com/f129/lariat-sport-grill-painted-photoshop-492832/index3/#post7049262

I'm very interested in doing something like the specific post that I linked (#28) showing a silver center bar on a silver truck.

Also, a couple of different takes on different color center bars can be seen here:

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/lariat-grill-vinyl-mod-tremor-like.7214/
yeah, I actually found a truck with the strip I wanted to (I can't remember who's truck this is so sorry for not giving credit. I saved image so I wouldn't lose it to look at later)

Ford F-150 Lariat Sport Grille Insert - Opinions Wanted 16528704010447908123642569025051

It also has the Tremor skid plates, which I like, but I'm not gonna go through the cost of a retrofit at this time. Also those are not LEDs, but I think it gets the point across. I know that bar is removable, I wish I could just buy the bar and have someone paint it so I can go back if I don't like it (instead of buying a whole new grill).

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT, Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Same here, I would be concerned about airflow, especially since Ford went to the trouble to engineer electric actuated vents behind the grill starting in '21.

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Sport SuperCrew 5.0L
I didn't consider airflow, but as you said ,I dont' think it's as bad as some might think it is. I had 2 concerns:

1. drilling into the grill. I think this could be done without that if the manufacture wanted to put some effort into it and got clever.
2. I don't know if I like the heavy border around each section. I feel that could be smaller.

yeah, I actually found a truck with the strip I wanted to (I can't remember who's truck this is so sorry for not giving credit. I saved image so I wouldn't lose it to look at later)

16528704010447908123642569025051.jpg

It also has the Tremor skid plates, which I like, but I'm not gonna go through the cost of a retrofit at this time. Also those are not LEDs, but I think it gets the point across. I know that bar is removable, I wish I could just buy the bar and have someone paint it so I can go back if I don't like it (instead of buying a whole new grill).
If you just want the red strip to go on the center bar, Tufskinz has pre-cut adhesive strips you can just stick on. I bought a blue one a month or two ago and it was a quality product and the color was a perfect match. It is not a thin vinyl sticker, it is thicker with 3M double-sided tape on the back.

Tufskinz Grille Accent Trim

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solutions Architect
If you just want the red strip to go on the center bar, Tufskinz has pre-cut adhesive strips you can just stick on. I bought a blue one a month or two ago and it was a quality product and the color was a perfect match. It is not a thin vinyl sticker, it is thicker with 3M double-sided tape on the back.

Tufskinz Grille Accent Trim
Thanks for the link. Unfortunately they don't have Rapid Red.