Sponsored

Lariat Sport Appearance Package on 2023 Price Confusion

bwwF150

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 BMW X7, 18 Jeep JLU, 13 QX56(23 F150 replaces)
It’s interesting some of you are saying your dealers are using the 22 builder. When I called I was told they had an internal 23 builder they were using already. The first dealership said they were still getting used to the changes from the 22 packages.

Here is a 23 Lariat 502A with sport appearance and the black appearance package. Those getting the Lariat High with the BAP, you can switch to power running boards at $0 cost.

10C0E528-8C50-4A5A-A27E-BDF897D444DA.jpeg
“Here is a 23 Lariat 502A with sport appearance and the black appearance package. Those getting the Lariat High with the BAP, you can switch to power running boards at $0 cost.”

... power running boards: great find. How did you find this and do you think this could be resolved when your f150 comes in? (Most dealers won’t price protect ford price changes?)
Sponsored

Braeden

First Name
Braeden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
I found it somewhere on here. Someone mentioned them being free.

I looked into the Configuration guide and it mentions the BAP stuff for Lariat. Well for the “optional” running boards it says the part #. When you go to the pricing guide that part # doesn’t exist. So that’s when I figured it was worth mentioning to the dealer.

At first they said it wouldn’t let them add them for free. Then I got a call later that day that they were able to get it on there for $0 charge.

The price is locked in as soon as I signed and ordered. No price increases from Ford will be put on this. In fact when there is a price increase and someone did place the order, the dealer will get reimbursed for the increase. They don’t need to charge the customer more. Because when they do, they still get a check for the difference of increase.

OP
OP

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
That crazy that with BAP you are not only getting the wheels for free but can get the power running boards.

It doesn't make sense that Sport Appears is $486 but the black wheels are their own $1500 line item but you can add the Black Appearance Package for $1186 and get the wheels for free PLUS the power running boards. You are saving like $3000 by doing it this way

Badhabit

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 SCrew 4x4 5.0 302A
That crazy that with BAP you are not only getting the wheels for free but can get the power running boards.

It doesn't make sense that Sport Appears is $486 but the black wheels are their own $1500 line item but you can add the Black Appearance Package for $1186 and get the wheels for free PLUS the power running boards. You are saving like $3000 by doing it this way
The wheels you can add separately are not the same wheels that come with the BAP. Those aren't black wheels, even though I constantly see people refer to them as black. They are "dark alloy" and are closer to carbonized gray than anything.

OP
OP

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
The wheels you can add separately are not the same wheels that come with the BAP. Those aren't black wheels, even though I constantly see people refer to them as black. They are "dark alloy" and are closer to carbonized gray than anything.
You are correct. What I really meant to say was that 'on the $486 Sport Appearance Package' on a 502A it doesn't make a ton of sense that they charge $1495 for the Dark Alloy Wheels 64S Wheels. On 502A you get the 20" chrome like wheels in 502A. So you pay to go to 20's there. Since both the 'stock 20 chrome like on 502A' and the 20" Dark alloy are $1495 stand alone options it feels like I am paying for these wheels twice

Sponsored

Hemitoeco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep WK Ecodiesel
I have a carbonized gray explorer with the dark wheels and while they are somewhat similar, they really aren’t the same at all.

Hemitoeco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep WK Ecodiesel
I ordered the BAP on Sunday and of course just now see this. No idea how I missed it as I’ve been lurking on this forum for months researching prior to ordering. Ugh.

Badhabit

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 SCrew 4x4 5.0 302A
I have a carbonized gray explorer with the dark wheels and while they are somewhat similar, they really aren’t the same at all.
Notice how I don't say they were the same. They are closer to carb gray than black.

OP
OP

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
I ordered the BAP on Sunday and of course just now see this. No idea how I missed it as I’ve been lurking on this forum for months researching prior to ordering. Ugh.
Actually, with the BAP I think you work out better. On your BAP order did you pay a separate charge for the wheels? Or did you just pay the $400 and change plus BAP charge of around $1200? I saw someone else's BAP order that didn't have a sepeate wheel cost.

Hemitoeco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep WK Ecodiesel
I paid $423 for sport package and then $1634 for BAP. The wheels have a price of $0. I also had $1365 credit which I think is for sport appearance 502A credit. All prices invoice.

Does that answer your question?

Edit - I was talking about the power running boards. Would have love to have that for free. Maybe that was the confusion. Now I’m lost lol

Actually, with the BAP I think you work out better. On your BAP order did you pay a separate charge for the wheels? Or did you just pay the $400 and change plus BAP charge of around $1200? I saw someone else's BAP order that didn't have a sepeate wheel cost.

Sponsored

Hemitoeco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep WK Ecodiesel
I wasn’t being combative. I was agreeing with you. Ford markets those wheels as almost black in pictures and in reality they are 3 or 4 shades lighter than carb gray.

Notice how I don't say they were the same. They are closer to carb gray than black.

OP
OP

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
I paid $423 for sport package and then $1634 for BAP. The wheels have a price of $0. I also had $1365 credit which I think is for sport appearance 502A credit. All prices invoice.

Does that answer your question?

Edit - I was talking about the power running boards. Would have love to have that for free. Maybe that was the confusion. Now I’m lost lol
It answered the question. Either I am getting hosed on the non BAP package (As I am paying that $423+$1500) or you are basically getting the BAP for $134 over sport appearance without BAP.

Hemitoeco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep WK Ecodiesel
I get it now. I actually had an invoice for sport appearance and the wheels. $1361 for the wheels plus $423 for SA. The difference in the trucks was $800 invoice.

Now I’m seeing the spray in bedliner is $542, which should be included with BAP. That is why $800 difference. I need to ask about that.

It answered the question. Either I am getting hosed on the non BAP package (As I am paying that $423+$1500) or you are basically getting the BAP for $134 over sport appearance without BAP.

OP
OP

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
I get it now. I actually had an invoice for sport appearance and the wheels. $1361 for the wheels plus $423 for SA. The difference in the trucks was $800 invoice.

Now I’m seeing the spray in bedliner is $542, which should be included with BAP. That is why $800 difference. I need to ask about that.
In the order book it says that it requires the bedliner not includes. So that is likely correct. Would be nice if the builer worked for 2023

Jim_in_Pa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Volvo XC90/ 2023 Ford F150 Lariat BAP 3.5
I found it somewhere on here. Someone mentioned them being free.

I looked into the Configuration guide and it mentions the BAP stuff for Lariat. Well for the “optional” running boards it says the part #. When you go to the pricing guide that part # doesn’t exist. So that’s when I figured it was worth mentioning to the dealer.

At first they said it wouldn’t let them add them for free. Then I got a call later that day that they were able to get it on there for $0 charge.

The price is locked in as soon as I signed and ordered. No price increases from Ford will be put on this. In fact when there is a price increase and someone did place the order, the dealer will get reimbursed for the increase. They don’t need to charge the customer more. Because when they do, they still get a check for the difference of increase.
Thanks man for the heads up! I called my dealership this morning and they pulled up my lariat order that I placed a couple weeks ago and they said "you're right, they can be added for $0.00 because I ordered the BAP, Chrome appearance package" they just added it to my build and said kudos to the forum you saw it on and she also added that not one of their salesman was aware of this option. Thanks again to whoever mentioned looking into this., I owe you a beer or two!🍻
Sponsored