Sponsored

Lariat and higher are built in Michigan?

Cbaka27

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 on order
Occupation
Sales
My dealer told me today that all Lariats and higher are built in Michigan. Xl and XLTs are KC. My VIN is Michigan and I'm a Lariat build but is there any truth to this statement? Has one location been faster than the other?
Sponsored

ScottBB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
My dealer told me today that all Lariats and higher are built in Michigan. Xl and XLTs are KC. My VIN is Michigan and I'm a Lariat build but is there any truth to this statement? Has one location been faster than the other?
Two XLT's here both in Dearborn so no not true.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
I have a Claycomo/Kansas City Lariat. In previous years, the different plants may have focused on certain trims. That does not seem to be the case this year. You can get pretty much every trim from either plant

The Limited is possibly a sight exception and limited (pun intended) to Dearborn.

Sponsored

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
Dearborn XLT

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
I believe Platinums and Limiteds, and Raptors are only build at DTP. Could apply to Tremors too. But lower levels are build at both

BlackKnight21

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L V8
Occupation
Correction Officer I
I’m a Lariat 502A high 5.0 SCREW Black Sport FX4 Max Tow, Tow mirrors wheel wells B&O Unleashed, BlueCruise etc. Ordered 3/1, last build date 7/12 and now there shutting down week of the 12th & 19th, going to get pushed to who knows when now.

BlackKnight21

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L V8
Occupation
Correction Officer I
I’m a Lariat 502A high 5.0 SCREW Black Sport FX4 Max Tow, Tow mirrors wheel wells B&O Unleashed, BlueCruise etc. Ordered 3/1, last build date 7/12 and now there shutting down week of the 12th & 19th, going to get pushed to who knows when now.
KCAP Build here.

stangsandatruck

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 F150 XLT 302A
Occupation
Software Engineer
Heres what I remember from going over different configs with my dealer:

Dearborn trucks only:
Powerboost, power running boards, max recline seats, Paint colors of smoked quartz and star white. Trim levels: King Ranch, Platinum, Limited, (Tremor, Raptor)?. I know the KR, Plat and Limited are Dearborn builds mostly because of the option sets that they have standard. I have not been able to confirm whether or not Tremors and Raptors are Dearborn only, but I have not seen a VIN yet with a KC Raptor or Tremor.

KC trucks only:
Space White & Guard paint colors. There is a cab/box config that's KC only as well, I just don't remember the spec - it might be 8' box with regular and extended cab trucks.

So if you are buying an XL, XLT, Lariat without specific options, it can be built either place.

Sponsored

euchre_u

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GX460, RX350, EX35
Occupation
Old Farmer - Outstanding in my field
Heres what I remember from going over different configs with my dealer:

Dearborn trucks only:
Powerboost, power running boards, max recline seats, Paint colors of smoked quartz and star white. Trim levels: King Ranch, Platinum, Limited, (Tremor, Raptor)?. I know the KR, Plat and Limited are Dearborn builds mostly because of the option sets that they have standard. I have not been able to confirm whether or not Tremors and Raptors are Dearborn only, but I have not seen a VIN yet with a KC Raptor or Tremor.

KC trucks only:
Space White & Guard paint colors. There is a cab/box config that's KC only as well, I just don't remember the spec - it might be 8' box with regular and extended cab trucks.

So if you are buying an XL, XLT, Lariat without specific options, it can be built either place.

S&T - agree. One thing to add . . . I heard (read on this forum?) that Ford halted orders for Limited's and maybe Platinums because Ford was going to incorporate the Tremor/Raptor MY21 (mid-year) start-up in DTP. Running boards were the main driver of DTP vs. KC, I thought I read, which I think are standard on KR and higher trim levels, which puts production of those in DTP.

OP
OP
Cbaka27

Cbaka27

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 on order
Occupation
Sales

wayfarer556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost 302A
This is a good reminder to me that most dealers dont know what they are talking about.
My dealer told me that only Lariat or above trims had the 7.2 kw generator option. These forums is where I found out that they are wrong. Honestly Ford's biggest weakness is their dealer network.
Sponsored