Sponsored

Lariat and Floor Shifter - help me understand something

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
It was my understanding that the only option to get a floor shifter in XLT or Lariat is to order Sports package.
Yet looking at new vehicles at different dealers, I see many Lariars without Sports package but with floor shifter.
What am I missing?

Thanks.
Sponsored

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
It was my understanding that the only option to get a floor shifter in XLT or Lariat is to order Sports package.
Yet looking at new vehicles at different dealers, I see many Lariars without Sports package but with floor shifter.
What am I missing?

Thanks.
In the XLT trim, you are correct. The XLT Sport is the only XLT truck with the console shifter. You can get a console in a 301A or 302A XLT, but the shifter remains on the column.

In the Lariat, the console shifter is standard on the 502A trim and is a stand-alone option on the 500A and 501A package. I would assume that no matter which equipment group the dealer choses, most are checking the console box. Most Lariat buyers (not all, of course) probably are opting for the console anyway, so that is what the dealers stock.

Reactions: sbi
OP
OP

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
In the XLT trim, you are correct. The XLT Sport is the only XLT truck with the console shifter. You can get a console in a 301A or 302A XLT, but the shifter remains on the column.

In the Lariat, the console shifter is standard on the 502A trim and is a stand-alone option on the 500A and 501A package. I would assume that no matter which equipment group the dealer choses, most are checking the console box. Most Lariat buyers (not all, of course) probably are opting for the console anyway, so that is what the dealers stock.

Hmmmm.....learned something new. Boy, did I waste my time looking for the wrong truck :D

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
Keep in mind it may not always be obvious it has the Sport package just looking at the outside. You can have both Sport and FX4, and the FX4 sticker will supersede the the normal Sport logo on the rear quarter, so it will indeed have the console shifter and Sport package, they just display the FX4 logo instead because that's the higher trim/package. But keep in mind you can still get FX4 without Sport, so just seeing the FX4 logo doesn't mean you're necessarily getting a console shifter either...

Stubblejumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
And in Canada the packages are different again, there is no 500A, here, and all Lariats have the console and floor shifter.

Sponsored

OP
OP

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Keep in mind it may not always be obvious it has the Sport package just looking at the outside. You can have both Sport and FX4, and the FX4 sticker will supersede the the normal Sport logo on the rear quarter, so it will indeed have the console shifter and Sport package, they just display the FX4 logo instead because that's the higher trim/package. But keep in mind you can still get FX4 without Sport, so just seeing the FX4 logo doesn't mean you're necessarily getting a console shifter either...
Correct, I am not relying on the FX4 logo to find a Sports package but rather on the wheels. Sports Package will have the dark alloy wheels as opposed to the chrome/chrome-like. 2nd reason I wanted the Sports package - before learning that all 502A come with floor shifter - is that I like the darker wheels/body color bumper and mirrors much better than chrome, but it's hard to get Sports along with all other items on my list so I am willing to "live with chrome". On the othe rhand, steering-wheel shifter is a no-no, must have floor shifter.

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
I'm in the same boat, makes it so hard to find what you want without custom ordering (Which is what I ended up doing). I hate the shifter on the column.

On my "must have" list was an XLT Sport Package, PowerBoost, and Co-Pilot Assist, and just having those 3 on any truck was damn near impossible. If it did have those, it usually also had $1400 wheels I didn't care about or want or be missing the 7.2kw Pro-Power (Why even order a PB without it, don't get it) and have other stuff I didn't care about.
Sponsored

Reactions: sbi