First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Lariat 2.7
Occupation
Accountant
Does anyone know the specifically what you get with 502A over 501A? Its not clear on the (Canadian) build and price site but as far as I can tell its the Rain sensing wipers, upgraded headlights, chrome appearance package, and the "unleashed" upgrade to the sound system. Its a $4245 added cost just wondering what I get for that.
Am I missing anything?

Thanks in advance for any responses

Tom
Sponsored

NoSnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
Does anyone know the specifically what you get with 502A over 501A? Its not clear on the (Canadian) build and price site but as far as I can tell its the Rain sensing wipers, upgraded headlights, chrome appearance package, and the "unleashed" upgrade to the sound system. Its a $4245 added cost just wondering what I get for that.
Am I missing anything?

Tom
Actually I think the 502A package is one of the best deals the Canadians get. The similar package in the US is near double (can$). You get adaptive cruise, lane centering, speed sign recognition, evasive steering assist,intersection assist voice Nav, trailer towing package and a bunch of other sty. Again this is about the only deal Canadians get over the US but it is mostly the tech stuff if you want it.

xiaowudao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Am I missing anything?

Tom
I don't think you get the unleashed upgrade. that's an option regardless of 501a or 502a I believe.
The main things are the upgraded headlights, choice of chrome or sport appearance package, rain sensing wipers, heated steering wheel, heated rear seats, adaptive cruise/lane center/etc, navigation included (instead of navigation being subscription based on 501a). You get the trailer tow package regardless of 501A or 502A, its standard on all lariats.

I'm in Canada as well and opted to stick with 501a. The main thing IMO that I'll miss out on is the upgraded projector headlights but I can just swap those out for aftermarket later if I feel like it. Not worth the difference in $4000+. I don't care about any of the other features as I'm trying to get as much payload capacity as possible as well.

If you check out the Canada Order Guide https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/canada-2021-f-150-order-guide.573/ it'll list all the options and included features from 501a vs 502a

OP
OP
Coyote

Coyote

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Lariat 2.7
Occupation
Accountant
I don't think you get the unleashed upgrade. that's an option regardless of 501a or 502a I believe.
The main things are the upgraded headlights, choice of chrome or sport appearance package, rain sensing wipers, heated steering wheel, heated rear seats, adaptive cruise/lane center/etc, navigation included (instead of navigation being subscription based on 501a). You get the trailer tow package regardless of 501A or 502A, its standard on all lariats.

I'm in Canada as well and opted to stick with 501a. The main thing IMO that I'll miss out on is the upgraded projector headlights but I can just swap those out for aftermarket later if I feel like it. Not worth the difference in $4000+. I don't care about any of the other features as I'm trying to get as much payload capacity as possible as well.

If you check out the Canada Order Guide https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/canada-2021-f-150-order-guide.573/ it'll list all the options and included features from 501a vs 502a
Thanks Ill take a look. Yes, my mistake, you don't get the unleashed upgrade with either one but you can't even add it on a 501A and for 502A it $800.

OP
OP
Coyote

Coyote

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Lariat 2.7
Occupation
Accountant
Thanks Ill take a look. Yes, my mistake, you don't get the unleashed upgrade with either one but you can't even add it on a 501A and for 502A it $800.
Another question - does anyone know if the 360 camera has one camera directed to the box to view cargo? And, if so, does it work when you are flying down the highway and want to keep an eye on your load?

Sponsored

Pipe

First Name
Jj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Explorer
Another question - does anyone know if the 360 camera has one camera directed to the box to view cargo? And, if so, does it work when you are flying down the highway and want to keep an eye on your load?
Quite sure the 360 cam package includes the bed cam. I believe you can view the box while driving.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Am I missing anything?

Tom
From what you’re describing, it sounds like Canada’s 500 packages may be different. So be aware of that.

However, if they are the same as the ones in the USA, the differences/upgrades are as follows:

Ford F-150 Lariat 501A vs 502A 03B86C12-2EED-4C59-94B0-C79F6BF961F3

Ford F-150 Lariat 501A vs 502A F1ED0585-948A-4051-9247-76C4D338E0E2
Sponsored