Sr. Systems Engineer

Badhabit

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 SCrew 4x4 5.0 302A
The images I posted above were from the latest order guide, dated 1/3/22. In standard equipment, it specifically says it's not included with Assist 2.0 (asterisk later in the document including 500A and 501A - see below).

It shows it being INCLUDED *with* Active 2.0 here (required 502A).

And here's the asterisk about 500A and 501A included with Assist 2.0 only.

The way Ford does this is so stupid.

If anyone with a 502A is getting front parking sensors without the Active 2.0 package, that would be very odd since the order guide (latest one) does not say anything about it.
The order guide I have dated 09/15/2021 says the same thing.

It is kinda stupid. I guess the way they are doing it is that the forward sensing system is part of an option package regardless of the Lariat trim level. You have to option up to the 360 Assist for 500A and 501A, and option up to 360 Active for 502A.

DLav8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 502A PowerBoost 7.2kw
Anyone get any clarity? My dealer says all I need is assist which comes with my 502A so I’ll get the sensors vs paying for the active. I want the sensors so I want to make sure my order is correct.

edit .. pulled up window sticker of dealer on page one ..pics match window sticker ,,just has the included copilot assist..no active. Pics of actual truck show the sensors.

https://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin= 1FTFW1E86NFA08461

Probably another case of Ford needing to update their sites..build and price, update actual options list etc. Folks like us make decisions based on bad data and it can cost us thousands.

Last edited:

Txwyaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Not sure if it’s different for the 2022’s but I have a 21 501A with the front parking sensors. I have the 360 camera and copilot assist. I can send my window sticker if needed

Mixxfixx

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Coming who knows when 202? F150 screw Lariat
Occupation
Professor
Anyone get any clarity? My dealer says all I need is assist which comes with my 502A so I’ll get the sensors vs paying for the active. I want the sensors so I want to make sure my order is correct.

edit .. pulled up window sticker of dealer on page one ..pics match window sticker ,,just has the included copilot assist..no active. Pics of actual truck show the sensors.

https://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin= 1FTFW1E86NFA08461

Probably another case of Ford needing to update their sites..build and price, update actual options list etc. Folks like us make decisions based on bad data and it can cost us thousands.
so I can say 100 percent that 2021’s 502A do not come with front sensors unless you get the active prep (as stated in the order guide) - I have 3 in my family.

Now…. The order guide still says you don’t get them on a 2022 502A without active. But I have seen at least 5 trucks with 502A no active with front sensors.
so either ford screwed up putting them in or the ordering guide is wrong.
im getting a 502A no active built Feb 14 so hopefully by March I can confirm lol

Sponsored

DLav8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not sure if it’s different for the 2022’s but I have a 21 501A with the front parking sensors. I have the 360 camera and copilot assist. I can send my window sticker if needed
Yeah the 501A requires the 360 camera or tow tech package and copilot assist to get the sensors.

502A is the debate..last year you needed to pay Active Prep to get them..I'm seeing evidence of 22s that only had assist with camera and got them. My dealer claims I don't need to order active to get them on a 502A.

Txwyaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Yeah the 501A requires the 360 camera or tow tech package and copilot assist to get the sensors.

502A is the debate..last year you needed to pay Active Prep to get them..I'm seeing evidence of 22s that only had assist with camera and got them. My dealer claims I don't need to order active to get them on a 502A.
Yeah I’m not sure on that one. May be time on a Sunday, when the dealers are closed, to go poke around a few lots and see what’s up. I went to 3 different dealers before I ordered my truck, just to check out different options I was interested in because certain ones had trucks on their lot that had those options and I wanted to see it. Made me feel better about my order- pretty sure I taught my dealer several things too haha.

DLav8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yeah I’m not sure on that one. May be time on a Sunday, when the dealers are closed, to go poke around a few lots and see what’s up. I went to 3 different dealers before I ordered my truck, just to check out different options I was interested in because certain ones had trucks on their lot that had those options and I wanted to see it. Made me feel better about my order- pretty sure I taught my dealer several things too haha.
I’ve had to do it online.. my local dealers barely have stock, much less loaded Lariats etc.
Sponsored