• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Sapphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum
I went to the event in Joliet, IL tonight. Good gravy, those Lightnings have some fire in their pants. The driver asked “are you ok with some speed?” and I said “heck yeah, bring it.” The acceleration is unreal for a 6000# truck. It throws you into the seat.

I was particularly curious to hear the pedestrian warning sound, since others described it as extremely annoying. I didn’t think it was that bad.

The chassis model was interesting.

Ford F-150 Lightning Lap videos & pics from F-150 Lightning Roadshow in Joliet, IL. Hear tires breaking loose on acceleration. A62E3BCC-57A7-4B98-A9F8-0D174F499996

Ford F-150 Lightning Lap videos & pics from F-150 Lightning Roadshow in Joliet, IL. Hear tires breaking loose on acceleration. 4A0A50D9-5318-42AF-A2A7-4E9A360C194C

VIDEOS:

Admin update: added another lap video showing F-150 Lightning breaking tires loose during acceleration!

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Did you get a chance to ask about anything? Learn anything new?

OP
OP
Sapphire

Sapphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Did you get a chance to ask about anything? Learn anything new?
Nothing new, really. They had the 15” panels in standalone pedestals to try out. They wouldn’t comment on tow range, when orders would open, or anything new about estimated range. They called out specifically that the trim inside the test trucks were not final. I took some 360 camera video of the ride itself, but I have to edit it to see if it’s any good. I’m sure it’s pretty funny on the video when the driver juked right and rolled me over in the seat. Haha.

Ford F-150 Lightning Lap videos & pics from F-150 Lightning Roadshow in Joliet, IL. Hear tires breaking loose on acceleration. C61FB62D-2B80-4B2E-9768-5FF265AF6C0E

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I'm guessing they have all the test rides in the ER models. I am curious how much less powerful the SR feels. It has the same torque but about 150 less horsepower. I'm guessing initial acceleration and going at relatively low speeds the seat of the pants feeling is not much different.
Aka...will the SR be substantially less impressive to skeptical family. ?
I am guessing not because it believe the quoted 0-60 time is like half a second or maybe 1 second slower in the SR and you're really not gonna notice that.

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Admin
Added another lap video showing F-150 Lightning breaking tires loose during acceleration!

Sponsored

thevofl

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Antimatter Blue F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Math
Want want want want want

Whoosh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' PB F150,18&20 Ecoboost Explorer Platinum,
Occupation
Worker of lead
I'm guessing they have all the test rides in the ER models. I am curious how much less powerful the SR feels. It has the same torque but about 150 less horsepower. I'm guessing initial acceleration and going at relatively low speeds the seat of the pants feeling is not much different.
Aka...will the SR be substantially less impressive to skeptical family. ?
I am guessing not because it believe the quoted 0-60 time is like half a second or maybe 1 second slower in the SR and you're really not gonna notice that.
Since torque = "grunt" and torque is the same on both with all of the torque available immediately, it stands to reason that the feel of the initial hit will be identical

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Since torque = "grunt" and torque is the same on both with all of the torque available immediately, it stands to reason that the feel of the initial hit will be identical
Perhaps even slightly stronger with the smaller battery due to less weight. The difference is the ER battery will keep that shove up longer and have more grunt at higher speeds.

OP
OP
Sapphire

Sapphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The ride I had was in an extended range Pro trim. I’m not 100% sure, but I believe all 3 trucks were extended range. They had an antimatter XLT, a red Pro, and a gray Pro. I was in the gray Pro. I’ll try to post a video of the ride itself here in the next day or so.

edit: the antimatter blue is missing the light bar in my video, but I’m confident the badge said XLT. Maybe these were cobbled together.

Last edited:

jamill

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat & 2020 GMC Acadia SLT
Occupation
Pipeline Operator
The ride I had was in an extended range Pro trim. I’m not 100% sure, but I believe all 3 trucks were extended range. They had an antimatter XLT, a red Pro, and a gray Pro. I was in the gray Pro. I’ll try to post a video of the ride itself here in the next day or so.

edit: the antimatter blue is missing the light bar in my video, but I’m confident the badge said XLT. Maybe these were cobbled together.
If I remember correctly, on a video review I watched from Town and Country Ford, the Pro models do not have the light bars across the grille and tailgate. He mentioned specifically that the trims are "backwards" on the Lightnings. The Pro will be the base model stuff because it's actually geared more for work/field use. At this point though, I think only ford knows what trim is getting what features. Lol.

It's unnatural to me to see that quick burst with no engine sound. Don't know that I'll ever get used to that! ?
Sponsored