Lane Keeping Questions

Jay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum 3.5EB
I’ve noticed when this feature is enabled, it doesn’t actually center in the lane but instead favors the right side of the lane and I have to fight the wheel quite a bit. Anyone else see this too?

I’m a little concerned when the update comes out later this year for hands off that I’ll be riding the lines the entire time.
Sponsored

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
I'm running pretty much in the center of the lane when using cruise. You will never be hands free with the F150. I've found I need to provide a little resistance to the steering wheel in order to not get the warnings. It'll never be hands free like Cadillac.

jcaspar

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4
Till the Fall software update you mean.
I've found I need to provide a little resistance to the steering wheel in order to not get the warnings. It'll never be hands free like Cadillac.

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
Lane Keeping or Lane Centering? They are two different features.

Lane Centering is part of the adaptive cruise feature and is supposed to keep your vehicle centered in the lane.

Lane Keeping is supposed to keep your vehicle from drifting out of your lane, left or right, but will not center you in the lane. It’ll nudge the steering wheel a bit and provide a vibration type of feedback.

Drmadeit

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Cabinet guy
I’m only 250 miles into my truck, but it keeps me pretty well centered so far

Sponsored

mrtrav

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport
Is lane centering unique to the full auto co-pilot or is it on the co-pilot assist? I just figured out the lane keeping feature. Curious if there is another new feature to play with.

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
Is lane centering unique to the full auto co-pilot or is it on the co-pilot assist? I just figured out the lane keeping feature. Curious if there is another new feature to play with.
It’s part of the assist 2.0 package and specifically the adaptive cruise.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Very retired
Till the Fall software update you mean.
So what is this software update? I haven't heard of it and I can't seem to Google the right way for it to pull anything up.

Sponsored

TxTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL
I’m with you, in some cases I feel like I’m more to the right. Don’t feel like I’m out of my lane by any means but not centered. I have a friend who also recently bought a ‘21 and he said the same thing too.

2AActuary

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Plat, Bronco; Audi R8, S5, Q7; Cayenne
I noticed the same thing today, but in my instance, it seems like my truck wants to hug the center line more than I do during my natural driving. I wonder if I have always just hugged the right side of the lane too much so it feels awkward?

charliecbp

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 Limited PowerBoost
I noticed the same thing today, but in my instance, it seems like my truck wants to hug the center line more than I do during my natural driving. I wonder if I have always just hugged the right side of the lane too much so it feels awkward?
This is what I feel my truck does as well.

Reeltime

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2018 Murano
Occupation
IT Consultant
I think my truck is pretty well centered, I can tell by watching in the lane marker in the mirrors. I am a little nervous passing semi’s, I probably normally drive a little left in the lane when passing them. I think it also getting used to where center of the lane is because I think our view of center may not be exact center.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Very retired
Those concerned do a little experiment. Have a buddy or wife follow you on the interstate for a bit and they will confirm that it's the truck or you.
Sponsored