First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
Has anyone noticed that the truck will kind of hunt left and right to stay between the lines? It works well on straight highways, but on a winding road I don't feel confident that it will stay in the lane. A couple times it would have ran out of the lane sometimes because of broken lines at entry or exit roads while in a curve. Overall I'm impressed, but eagerly await the Pilot 2.0 upgrade although I'm not sure what additional features other than hands free I will get?
Odds are against Pilot 2.0 helping on that road.
Sponsored

Twilighthan

First Name
Twilight
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
My Lane centering will turn off sometimes for no good reason I am are of and no matter what I do inside, it’ll never start working again. Just an error message saying it’s deactivated.

Only once I went into a construction zone and lost it, which is probably safer that way, but when the road went back to normal, it wouldn’t turn back on again and won’t start centering. Again, no matter what I tried inside. Even going to the main screen and changing cruise control settings. Cruise control and lane keeping us fine. The centering won’t turn on.

The only way I get it working again is to pull over and turn the vehicle off and on. Same road. Same lane markings. Same everything. I’ve tested it multiple times on multiple roads. A simple complete stop and go again doesn’t fix it. Requires the whole vehicle to be turned off.

I love the lane centering when it works. It does better than my AMG Mercedes by a mile and doesn’t try to kill me like my AMG does by veering odd to each exit If I’m in the right lane.
When it doesn’t

Sbdavis1

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150 Lariat ordered 2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Financial Planner, Lawyer
My Lane centering will turn off sometimes for no good reason I am are of and no matter what I do inside, it’ll never start working again. Just an error message saying it’s deactivated.

Only once I went into a construction zone and lost it, which is probably safer that way, but when the road went back to normal, it wouldn’t turn back on again and won’t start centering. Again, no matter what I tried inside. Even going to the main screen and changing cruise control settings. Cruise control and lane keeping us fine. The centering won’t turn on.

The only way I get it working again is to pull over and turn the vehicle off and on. Same road. Same lane markings. Same everything. I’ve tested it multiple times on multiple roads. A simple complete stop and go again doesn’t fix it. Requires the whole vehicle to be turned off.

I love the lane centering when it works. It does better than my AMG Mercedes by a mile and doesn’t try to kill me like my AMG does by veering odd to each exit If I’m in the right lane.
When it doesn’t
I have had the same thing happen twice now. It cancels lane centering (not sure why) and will only revert to the green lane assist lines around the truck on the digital gauge screen and not the lane centering bubble around the vehicle. It will give the lane assist but will not lane center. I have to turn the truck off and back on and then I have no issue, it comes right back and has lane centering available. Still, I don’t want to lose lane centering on a long highway drive and have to exit just to get the truck working again. It clearly has some default mode it enters where it doesn’t even try to re-engage lane centering. Anyone else experience this and have any thoughts on what may be happening?

KD10

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 KR 3.5
Occupation
Engineer

When it doesn’t
I’m having the same issue occasionally. It seems to happen to me at sections of the highway where 2 lanes goes to 3. When a new lane line starts to form the 3rd lane and the truck is to close to that lane, it shuts off and gives the “deactivated” error message. I’ve been able to avoid it by cancelling cruise control briefly through those sections while it finds the new lane line. Not 100% sure, but that’s my best guess.

JDinNFLA

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Star White 3.5 EB
Mine is doing the same thing. Just drove 300 miles today and it turned off twice and would only come back if I stopped and turned off then came back. I-10 panhandle. clean road visible lines. Must be a software bug. Hopefully they fix soon. Good news, got 23 mpg at 73-75 mph entire trip avg. 3.5 EB. 2600 miles total.

Sponsored

dantoosi

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150
Occupation
Fabricator/Supervisor

When it doesn’t
Same issue here and it is getting annoying. My wife’s 2020 explorer ST does not have this issue and hers doesn’t veer off to the right every time there is a turning lane then kick out lane centering for a few seconds like my truck does. Her ST seems to hug the centerline more which I’m not a fan of but other than that the lane centering feature works much better in the ST.

I’ve also got the “my view” options and gauge selections resetting about every other or every third time I drive the truck.

Those are my only real complaints about my powerboost. B&O system doesn’t seem any better than the system in my 19 302A but that’s not really a complaint just that I expected a huge difference.

jafo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Star white
I was testing the lane centering feature today on the freeway (nobody nearby). I let the truck drift and it went fully into the next lane, no alerts or auto correction. I checked the settings and the lane centering is set to alert and auto correct itself. I tried with my hands on the wheel and without to test if it was due to maybe that being the case. Is any other setting needed for it to center itself? I was not in cruise control, but I would have assumed that it would work under normal operation.
Is the sensitivity set to High? After one software update it changed to normal and there was a noticeable difference.

tilefordude

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 xlt 302 high 3.5 eco
Occupation
Tile Setter
Mine is doing the same thing. Just drove 300 miles today and it turned off twice and would only come back if I stopped and turned off then came back. I-10 panhandle. clean road visible lines. Must be a software bug. Hopefully they fix soon. Good news, got 23 mpg at 73-75 mph entire trip avg. 3.5 EB. 2600 miles total.
Mine did this today after starting the truck I heard a chime and noticed an icon on the dash. I had to shut off and restart to get it to work again.
Ford F-150 Lane Centering Not Working F10B1E9A-F98E-4657-B153-D87CA1DE60FA

Davecp114

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT SuperCrew
I have the same issue with my 2021. My dealer updated the imaging processing module a few months ago. The update said it would address a bunch of driver assistance errors such as false auto emergency braking warning/activation issues, etc. I think the problem occurs more since the update. The truck usually restores normal lane centering after simple lane marking irregularities return to normal. It just gives up and the truck has to be shut off and restarted after it sees strange and unusual lane markings that the module interprets as a camera or system failure. I drive the same route from CT to ME every few months and the system failure occurs in almost the same spot every time. The state of MA recently did construction in an area of one of the highways and originally put temporary dotted lane markings on the road. The permanent markings were later painted about a foot to the left of the temporary ones. I think the Ford engineers didn't have time to program enough possible scenarios and the system can't tell the difference between strange road makings and an actual camera or system failure. I too have turned off the cruise control when I see strange lane marking ahead and the fault does not seem to occur. I'm a former Ford tech and I'd love to help others here by giving more details to Ford if they would like to hear from me. My 2021 XLT, 5.0L with 3.31 rear axle has about 19,000 miles on it and this problem occurs at least once on my trip to Maine to my son's college. I love the system and it's really frustrating when the Co-pilot 360 2.0 just gives up and doesn't know what to do. PLEASE FORD...fix this before my warranty expires! This and other system software in this truck seems half-baked. This and other forums are filled with common errors experienced by many owners. (10R80 harsh shifting, Co-pilot 360 2.0 issues, the cluster forgets "My view" and gauge preferences) I've been a loyal Ford customer for my entire life...I expect more from a $60,000 truck. Ford.....message me....I'd love to provide my feedback to help get these problems fixed.
Sponsored