Sponsored

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Well at least it doesn't beep and tell you over and over that "steering is required" like my wife's Acura.

Bajou

First Name
Stephan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16MKX '18EDGE '19F-150 (Explorer MarkLT and many F150'S)
Occupation
Financial advisor, business owner
Well at least it doesn't beep and tell you over and over that "steering is required" like my wife's Acura.
On my Lincoln MKX it doesn't take long before it tells you to hold the steering wheel

timf343

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150; 2020 RAM 1500
Occupation
Engineer
On my Lincoln MKX it doesn't take long before it tells you to hold the steering wheel
I have a RAM 1500 and it will correct steering for about 2-3 seconds before popping up a message "Lane Departure Detected, Put Hands on Steering Wheel". If that message pops up 3 times in 30 seconds, the lane departure system is turned off altogether. It can be reenabled with a button press, but it seemed silly to me that a safety feature that is actively helping the driver disables itself when it detects the driver needs help. I'm hoping that Ford's Active Drive Assist is more forgiving.

Sponsored

Wilsons66605

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Power Boost Platinum, 2019 Raptor
Occupation
Retired
The old system would start bouncing me off the left into the right and back. Worthless

Blue Spruce

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT 302 Screw, 6.5’, 3.5 EB
I was excited about this. In practice it will take some getting used too. It does pull the steering wheel around the curves so it feels like I’m fighting it a little bit. it does have a pop up to warn me to put my hands back on the wheel and my hand is already on the wheel but I must not be giving it enough resistance? Will take a little time and I don’t really trust it yet.

I do like the lane departure warning. It gives the steering wheel a little vibration like driving over rumble strips on the highway. Way better alert than my 2016 Subaru with eyesight that would beep at me then my kids would turn into backseat drivers and ask if I was still in the lane. They were “retrained” to knock that S off! daddy knows how to drive and didn’t need advice from 12 year olds. :)

Jack in Prescott

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat PB, 2014 Mazda3
Admin, thanks for posting the video. Second one I've seen this week that demo's the new lane keeping assist capability, and both seem to be avoiding the constant oscillation, right and left, as the system corrects. I've learned over the years, both when sailing offshore and flying (especially in IFR conditions) that I am a far safer 'driver' when I let an autopilot manage the simple stuff while giving me time to think ahead, monitor performance parameters, anticipate navigation issues, and so forth. My order includes the 'prep' package for full-time active drive assist, and I'm sure it will ultimately make me an even safer driver. It isn't about sloth or boredom, it's about having the attention span to address the larger field of safety and performance issues rather than (literally) mindlessly attending to staying between the white lines. Really appreciate you demo'ing this capability.

Jack

TxTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL
This is really making me re think whether or not I need to keep the prep package.

JPrieto

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Explorer, 2022 Maverick, 2021 Bronco
Occupation
Car Sales
This is a beautiful system, just sold my Flex. Driving an Explorer right now with adaptive cruise+lane centring... in love with it. My 21 F-150 must have this!

Sponsored

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
I drove about 150 miles with Lane Assist and Intelligent Cruise Control (set to 3 bar of distance from vehicle in front) with a tolerance of 10mph.

I was very impressed at how well the F150 kept me in lane and on cruise speed. Whenever it came up to a slower vehicle, it would slow down first to the detected speed limit and then slower/stop if the forward vehicle was slow/stopped. Once I shifted out of the lane manually into a clear lane, the cruise control sped up to my set speed. It does cut down on calf/ankle fatigue on long distances.

Yes; it does do that annoying thing about keeping a hand on the wheel...which is an obvious safety feature. I didn't get the prep package for the future CoPilot package, I'm not ready to give my life to automation by Ford just yet.

Goose2

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 ford f150
while it was hard giving faith to a self driving car it is pretty cool. My wife’s Tesla drives itself and wow. Of coarse the Tesla is in a league of its own but It does work perfectly

Trey50z

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot
Which option do you have? Copilot 360 or Copilot 360 Prep
Sponsored