First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
Occupation
AD Air Force
Ok, this thread is awesome and y'all provided great info. My question is this, and maybe I missed it, but is anyone happy that when we are using BC, Lane centering or keeping you have to keep a dang death grip on these wheels or they start sounding off like jaws is about to pop out of the back seat and eat you in half?!?!?! I am so discouraged by this dang constant BS that I might turn all that junk off. Do y'all seriously drive with two hands on the wheel at 10 and 2 ... kinda like driving Ms. Daisy?!?!?! I have a really light grip and mostly only one hand steering the ship. Thanks for any feedback (and no, I am not changing my driving habits after 25 years lol).
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
While I am looking forward to further software development and associated updates, I thoroughly enjoy letting the student driver navigate the truck when circumstances allow.
But I ain't trusting enough, nor do I see myself as ever being so enough to actually clap along with queen, if you know what I mean.

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
no jaws theme
i turned off the audible alerts and set active steering vibs to low.
i drive with left hand on wheel not real firm but enough to put truck in part of lane i like.
i do not have blue cruise , but everything else

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
While I am looking forward to further software development and associated updates, I thoroughly enjoy letting the student driver navigate the truck when circumstances allow.
But I ain't trusting enough, nor do I see myself as ever being so enough to actually clap along with queen, if you know what I mean.
Joan Jett station on pandora for me early mornings with coffee on way to chiropractor
then the WHO station on pandora in the afternoon . but NOOOOO CLAPPING :eek: 🤗 (y)

BRDVPRA

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 2021 Explorer ST
Occupation
Yep
How do you do the weight on the steering wheel? Asking for a friend after he tried a 2lb one on the top corner and it still told him to put his hands on.
I mean I saw this on a youtube channel and all, but it looks like a dive weight that has been cut down (1 to 1.5lbs) and "the band" watch band added to it......note the placement

Ford F-150 lane centering and lane drift weight1

Ford F-150 lane centering and lane drift Weight2

Sponsored

Mash150

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 King Ranch, 157, SQ , PB
Occupation
Unskilled House Mechanic
Members have tried the weight assist to mimic hands free driving using only lane cantering, some worked others didn’t. Haven’t seen this though with hands free BC. The only reason one would try this in BC is to maybe steer the truck either left or right in the lane. As far as my experience goes, this seems strange in BC .

SuperRaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Lariat 502A
I mean I saw this on a youtube channel and all, but it looks like a dive weight that has been cut down (1 to 1.5lbs) and "the band" watch band added to it......note the placement

weight1.jpg

Weight2.jp.jpg
That's what my friend tried with an ankle weight...hmm I'll tell him try again

dvdizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150
My steering wheel is not straight, if it is it causes the truck to drift to the right. I thought it would be road crown but it still happens with driving in the opposite side of the road

ColoradoHunter

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Ok, this thread is awesome and y'all provided great info. My question is this, and maybe I missed it, but is anyone happy that when we are using BC, Lane centering or keeping you have to keep a dang death grip on these wheels or they start sounding off like jaws is about to pop out of the back seat and eat you in half?!?!?! I am so discouraged by this dang constant BS that I might turn all that junk off. Do y'all seriously drive with two hands on the wheel at 10 and 2 ... kinda like driving Ms. Daisy?!?!?! I have a really light grip and mostly only one hand steering the ship. Thanks for any feedback (and no, I am not changing my driving habits after 25 years lol).
One hand and a light grip is how I drive and rarely ever get warnings when using the lane centering. It's not the fact of "gripping" the wheel, it needs pressure against the wheel wanting to steer the truck. Best result is just laying my hand on either the 3 or 9 o'clock spoke and just let the weight of my hand and arm provide the pressure against the truck wanting to steer. Even using the arm rest this still works for me. 12 or 6 o'clock just puts pressure on the steering wheel and not against the truck wanting to steer, that will give constant warnings. It's a matter of leverage and 3 and 9 provide the most pressure with the least weight. 12 and 6 the least pressure. two hands opposite each other, like 10 and 2, counteract each other and the truck doesn't sense any pressure against the wheel trying to steer. I have probably used lane centering for over 15,000 miles since getting the truck. I had the same problems of constant warnings when I first got it because I was using 10 and 2 or one hand at 12. I could post video but it would be pretty boring watch hours and hours of me driving with no warnings. :)

MontanaFred

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
Occupation
AD Air Force
One hand and a light grip is how I drive and rarely ever get warnings when using the lane centering. It's not the fact of "gripping" the wheel, it needs pressure against the wheel wanting to steer the truck. Best result is just laying my hand on either the 3 or 9 o'clock spoke and just let the weight of my hand and arm provide the pressure against the truck wanting to steer. Even using the arm rest this still works for me. 12 or 6 o'clock just puts pressure on the steering wheel and not against the truck wanting to steer, that will give constant warnings. It's a matter of leverage and 3 and 9 provide the most pressure with the least weight. 12 and 6 the least pressure. two hands opposite each other, like 10 and 2, counteract each other and the truck doesn't sense any pressure against the wheel trying to steer. I have probably used lane centering for over 15,000 miles since getting the truck. I had the same problems of constant warnings when I first got it because I was using 10 and 2 or one hand at 12. I could post video but it would be pretty boring watch hours and hours of me driving with no warnings. :)
Yeah I get that. Guess I'll have to mess with my hands a bit. I tend to drive with one hand at about 5 o'clock and two hands during turns. I am starting to get a little better with it....guess I just need more practice haha.

Sponsored

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
Two hands actually gets you more complaints from the nanny than one hand. The resistance from one hands cancels out the other, and it detects no resistance.

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
My 150 tends to do IMO hug the left side of the lane more than i am comfortable with, and wanders between the lines in a weird slow manner. i thought it was pretty normal. i had not planned to have to looked at based on everyone else reporting similar results

BUT yesterday for first time i drove my parents 22 maverick hybrid
i used lane centering and found a STARK difference from the 150
Just have lane keeping in the F150 so can't comment on that one. But the wife's Bronco Sport has lane centering and it seems to keep it bang on the middle as you described with the Maverick.
Sponsored