Sponsored

L-Track tie down rails for bed?

dvdizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150
has anyone installed an L track rail on their bed? looking to do something like this:

not sure if the standard is best, or the flanged version. looking to haul bikes in my bed and having a center tiedown point would be super handy
Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
I installed L-Track on the sidewalls and front of my Honda Ridgeline bed and liked it a lot.

Upon comparing the angled and regular cross sections I went with the regular because it's slightly thicker overall, the extra thickness is below the bolt heads, and the distribution of material looked like it would provide better 'beam strength'.

Section drawings for both attached, just for your consideration.

Also attached FYI is Ford Guidance for attaching things to the aluminum bed - suggest you pay particular attention to isolation if you use steel backing plates under the bed.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
OP

dvdizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150
I installed L-Track on the sidewalls and front of my Honda Ridgeline bed and liked it a lot.

Upon comparing the angled and regular cross sections I went with the regular because it's slightly thicker overall, the extra thickness is below the bolt heads, and the distribution of material looked like it would provide better 'beam strength'.

Section drawings for both attached, just for your consideration.
thanks!! do you know where we can find the dimensions of the bed 'ribs'? or whatever theyr'e called (indentations, corrugations?)

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
thanks!! do you know where we can find the dimensions of the bed 'ribs'? or whatever theyr'e called (indentations, corrugations?)
Ummm, measure them on your truck?

TIP: Don't order stuff for any mods until you have your truck in hand to verify details. Avoid unpleasant surprises.

EDIT - just took the standard / regular L-Track removed from my Ridgeline and laid it in my 2022 F150 bed ...
  • It easily fits flat between the raised ribs
  • It stands above the top of the ribs (is NOT flush with or lower than the top of the ribs); I didn't measure how far above but it's certainly more than 0.02" so even the 'angled' track would be above the ribs, too.
Sponsored

Last edited: