Sponsored

Knocking Noise

DaftJak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX 4X4
I've got a 2021 F150 5.0, below is a quick clip on the sound I hear when I fire up the truck after it's sat overnight or for an extended period of time. It sounds like rapid drumming or knocking in the video. After the truck warms up and the RPMs go down I can faintly hear it but It is no where near as loud from when I first turn it on. Where do you all think this sound is coming from?

Thanks!

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I've got a 2021 F150 5.0, below is a quick clip on the sound I hear when I fire up the truck after it's sat overnight or for an extended period of time. It sounds like rapid drumming or knocking in the video. After the truck warms up and the RPMs go down I can faintly hear it but It is no where near as loud from when I first turn it on. Where do you all think this sound is coming from?

Thanks!

Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your F-150 concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 4x4 Supercrew XL 3.5 Ecoboost
Occupation
Journeyman Millwright

Thanks!

My brother has a 2020 f150 with a 5.0Coyote, at 13k he noticed a slight oil usage, keep an eye on it he noticed it began to get worse. Once it reached about 30k he took it to the dealer for their diagnosis and record keeping. The oil usage was still getting worse with more visits to the dealership. They kept an eye on it and he kept adding more oil. Once it reached around 40 k the the dealer said they got the ok from Ford Warranty to order him a new motor they originally said it was gonna be a long block, then a short block and 3 months later a long block came in last week. The mechanic that changed it out last week said that the heads are a concern and Ford knows something is wrong but not issuing a recall. He said it has a deeper sound and has put about 500 mikes on it so far.

wz00r2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
My brother has a 2020 f150 with a 5.0Coyote, at 13k he noticed a slight oil usage, keep an eye on it he noticed it began to get worse. Once it reached about 30k he took it to the dealer for their diagnosis and record keeping. The oil usage was still getting worse with more visits to the dealership. They kept an eye on it and he kept adding more oil. Once it reached around 40 k the the dealer said they got the ok from Ford Warranty to order him a new motor they originally said it was gonna be a long block, then a short block and 3 months later a long block came in last week. The mechanic that changed it out last week said that the heads are a concern and Ford knows something is wrong but not issuing a recall. He said it has a deeper sound and has put about 500 mikes on it so far.
Previous generation motors are not really an apples-to-apples comparison.

Thanks!

If you are up to date on oil/filter changes and you're not consuming any oil, I would let the dealer take a listen if you're worried about it.
Sponsored