Sponsored

King Shocks have stopped, or severely curtailed production?

Bravo36

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch FX 4
Occupation
Retired Fed LEO, Current Federal Contractor
Tried to order a front and rear set of Kings today from 2 different places, including Stage 4. I wasn't aware, but apparently they have stopped, or severely curtailed production for whatever reason. I was provided estimates from 3-4 months out - to next May. Anyone have any info to share? Had it all set in my mind. A set of those beautiful blue shocks underneath this Antimatter Blue would have looked pretty neat me thinks.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Captain

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0
I know this is a little out of date from the OP. But I talked to a vendor this week and Kings are now 44 weeks out. :eek:o_O

I also heard they while the 2020 and earlier lifts/coilovers physically fit, due to the new geometry, are valved and sprung wrong for 21+ trucks and aren’t going to give the best performance or lifespan.

Last edited:

Captain

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0
I also heard they while the 2020 and earlier lifts/coilovers physically fit, due to the new geometry, are valved and sprung wrong for 21+ trucks and aren’t going to give the best performance or lifespan.
I wanted to clarify this, given this was a thread about Kings.
Icon has specific 2021 coilovers and Kings are custom ordered so they will both be sprung/valved for a 2021.
I was referring to the other brands that either don’t have a 2021 coilover or blanket list 2015+ as working. Apparently Fox is pretty close to having something specific for 21+. This is all really just here say though. I’m not a suspension expert.
Sponsored