First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 2015 Mustang GT
Occupation
Network admin
I have a KR with Messaging Seats and Max Recline seats.
How do you like the max recline seats? And have you sat in both vehicles to compare?
Sponsored

mwf5888

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR PowerBoost FX4 & 2019 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Instructional Designer
I have a KR with Messaging Seats and Max Recline seats.

mwf5888

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Instructional Designer
How do you like the max recline seats? And have you sat in both vehicles to compare?
4 weeks after getting my 2021, my wife and I took a trip to FL and used both the Max Recline and Messaging Seats. The Max Recline is truly a flat surface vs regular seats. There is a big difference and if you need to lay back and relax then Max Recline is worth it.

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
As mentioned above, take a second look at a Lariat 502A. The leather is different on the seats (more durable, but less soft), but the Lariat can be had in the sport so you won't be looking at a chrome delete. However Antimatter blue is not available in sport, only chrome (why I have no idea, ask Ford). So if you are going to order something in sport it would have to be smoked quartz.

mwf5888

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Instructional Designer
As mentioned above, take a second look at a Lariat 502A. The leather is different on the seats (more durable, but less soft), but the Lariat can be had in the sport so you won't be looking at a chrome delete. However Antimatter blue is not available in sport, only chrome (why I have no idea, ask Ford). So if you are going to order something in sport it would have to be smoked quartz.
Lariat does not have messaging seats, which is why I went back to KR this time.

Sponsored

Toadkillerdog

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Panamera Turbo, 2020 Subaru Outback
Lariat does not have messaging seats, which is why I went back to KR this time.
I have to have the massaging seats. For those long drives the massage function is necessary for my lanky frame…

OP
OP

t-bone82

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 2.7EB XLT Sport
I had considered the KR & Platinum before ordering my 502A Lariat with the sport package. I didn't like all the King Ranch emblems everywhere in that trim. For the Platinum, it was really the tailgate that turned me off. I looked at the additional features that both offered compared to a well equipped Lariat and there wasn't much additional (in my opinion) I was getting for the added cost. I have been extremely happy with my truck in the month I've had it so far.
Thanks so much, I think I got away from the Lariat because of the lay flat and massaging seats, mentioned a few times below, also if you ended up with the sport, how do you like that 2 tone "merlot" interior?

OP
OP

t-bone82

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 2.7EB XLT Sport
4 weeks after getting my 2021, my wife and I took a trip to FL and used both the Max Recline and Messaging Seats. The Max Recline is truly a flat surface vs regular seats. There is a big difference and if you need to lay back and relax then Max Recline is worth it.
Thanks, are the max reclines as comfortable as the normal seats when used normally?

mwf5888

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Instructional Designer
Thanks, are the max reclines as comfortable as the normal seats when used normally?
I think they are more comfortable in the KR with all the adjustments. Having 3 separate lumbar to adjust along with the top of the seat and headrest is great. I also feel like the bottom of the seat has better bolstering on the edges and front.

I am 6' 3" - 250lbs, wife is 5' 4" and less then half my weight, and we both find them comfortable including the 1150 miles to FL and back in June.

I also like the KR leather compared to the other models.

thevofl

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Antimatter Blue F150 Diet Platinum (Eventually)
Occupation
Math

Sponsored

2021Platinum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
I didn’t do max recline - ordered early February & already had max tow, interior surface, wheel well liners & sprayed in liner that were holding me back. I spend a lot of time in my truck already (around 27K miles per year) & don’t want to sleep in it too.

n8dgr8

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Platinum
I would be tempted to order a 2021. It is unlikely that it will actually get built as a 2021. I'm assuming 2021 orders will be converted to 2022 automatically and you will be ahead of everyone who waits to place a 2022 order. At the same time I could be totally wrong. I placed an order in June and will be surprised if I get a 2021. It is also possible my order will be cancelled at some point and I will be placed behind everyone who places a 2022 order in September. It is really random. From the forums it sounds like the Platinums and King Ranches are the slowest to have the orders filled.

OP
OP

t-bone82

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 2.7EB XLT Sport
I would be tempted to order a 2021. It is unlikely that it will actually get built as a 2021. I'm assuming 2021 orders will be converted to 2022 automatically and you will be ahead of everyone who waits to place a 2022 order. At the same time I could be totally wrong. I placed an order in June and will be surprised if I get a 2021. It is also possible my order will be cancelled at some point and I will be placed behind everyone who places a 2022 order in September. It is really random. From the forums it sounds like the Platinums and King Ranches are the slowest to have the orders filled.
My local dealer a few weeks ago advised to wait and place 22 order on the 15th of September to ensure being one of the earliest orders for next year. I think the moral of the story is nobody knows what's going on....including ford unfortunately.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
Unless things have changed, an unbuilt model year order is just canceled. Package content invariably changes and orders would need to be reconfigured.

don.mullins

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Powerboost Platinum
To me, the Platinum seats feel better than either the King Ranch or Limited.

All three seem to have different bolstering and foam types.
Sponsored