Papaw2018

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer Tech
Where did you order from? Everything looks back ordered?

so If I do the cup holder, mediabin, and glove box, I should move the console.
I order about 6 months ago waiting on my KR. I ordered from OEMpartSource but I think they have closed down the business or web site. Any reputable dealer can get what you need.

I would remove the center console by removing two trim pieces on each side. One is a chrome piece. The other is a plastic brown pocket holder -after which you can gain access to four of the six screws, the other two are behind the front backseat floor board console area.
-**after which, the whole Console can be slid back once you remove two electronic connectors in the front sides.
👍🏻this is definitely the most easiest way to put in the ambient, lighting, cupholders, media bin light and run your harnesses to the glove box area.
Sponsored

Papaw2018

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer Tech
👍🏻Update on Fender Vent Badging👍🏻;
This morning’s message: Ford Pass app.
CALL YOUR DEALERS ( if missing fender badges)

“As you know, recent supply chain issues messed with your new truck badging — but inconvenience is no match when you’re willing to roll up your sleeves and get to work. Now, thanks to our buyers and suppliers, permanent badges for your truck are now available.

To get yours, contact your Dealer to order them and schedule an appointment. One of our qualified service technicians can then replace them at no charge. Please have your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and program number 22G05 ready as reference.
In the meantime, if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact our Customer Care Center at 1-866-436-7332.
Your VIN: [var1]

Sincerely,

Andrew Frick
Vice President, Sales, Distribution and Trucks
Ford Motor Company

Papaw2018

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer Tech
That is correct. I was told it might be about 6 weeks. Nonetheless, they are coming.
From Ford Pass app: call your dealer👍🏻

As you know, recent supply chain issues messed with your new truck badging — but inconvenience is no match when you’re willing to roll up your sleeves and get to work. Now, thanks to our buyers and suppliers, permanent badges for your truck are now available.

To get yours, contact your Dealer to order them and schedule an appointment. One of our qualified service technicians can then replace them at no charge. Please have your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and program number 22G05 ready as reference.

In the meantime, if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact our Customer Care Center at 1-866-436-7332.

Your VIN: [var1]

Sincerely,

Andrew Frick
Vice President, Sales, Distribution and Trucks
Ford Motor Company

Papaw2018

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer Tech
Has anyone checked their New KR windshield only to find “Crystal clear micro crud specks” from possibly the manufacturer?

My KR is cleaned and spotless BUT if I really look through the windshield at a certain time of the day with the sun, it looks like overspray or something and I’ve tried to get it off. Overtime it’ll get specs or micro chips,…Maybe I’m just OCD/ overly zealous about it,

but what can I use to SAFELY super clean the windshield of all contaminants??

Hot soapy, Dawn dishwashing liquid or even alcohol will not clean that junk off.
Maybe it’s the overspray of the turtle wax (Graphene Spray) I used after my first wash and detailing 🤔🤔?

Old Bear

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 King Ranch Powerboost
Occupation
Information Technology
Has anyone checked their New KR windshield only to find “Crystal clear micro crud specks” from possibly the manufacturer?

My KR is cleaned and spotless BUT if I really look through the windshield at a certain time of the day with the sun, it looks like overspray or something and I’ve tried to get it off. Overtime it’ll get specs or micro chips,…Maybe I’m just OCD/ overly zealous about it,

but what can I use to SAFELY super clean the windshield of all contaminants??

Hot soapy, Dawn dishwashing liquid or even alcohol will not clean that junk off.
Maybe it’s the overspray of the turtle wax (Graphene Spray) I used after my first wash and detailing 🤔🤔?
Try some 0000 steel wool. You don't need any liquid, use it dry. Quad-aught is so fine it doesn't scratch, but polishes. It will take several minutes to polish the entire windshield. You should be able to feel how slick the windshield is once you are done polishing. Finish up with a treatment of Rain-X and you should be good!
And this idea is not mine, but stolen (borrowed?) from another F150 owner.

Sponsored

Papaw2018

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer Tech
Try some 0000 steel wool. You don't need any liquid, use it dry. Quad-aught is so fine it doesn't scratch, but polishes. It will take several minutes to polish the entire windshield. You should be able to feel how slick the windshield is once you are done polishing. Finish up with a treatment of Rain-X and you should be good!
And this idea is not mine, but stolen (borrowed?) from another F150 owner.
Well, after using goof off and Windex for several hours, the windows are 80% cleaner, but I figured out what it was on the windows,(( clearcoat Line-x Overspray)).
It’s all over the top pano-roof, it cascaded down on all the windows and windshield and feathered itself on my front hood.
So I’m taking it Tuesday to see what they’re gonna do for me – what a mess.🙄

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Hmmmmm
I know that it should be their problem to fix. But unless they are going to send the truck to a detail/paint correction expert, I don't know that I would let them try to fix it.

Papaw2018

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer Tech
Hmmmmm
I know that it should be their problem to fix. But unless they are going to send the truck to a detail/paint correction expert, I don't know that I would let them try to fix it.
So true!!!

wrgrimes

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch standard; PowerBoost; 2WD; 7.2Kw
Picked up King Ranch standard with Powerboost today. 2WD, 7.2KW, 360 Assist and camera.
My first real truck- lots of Suburbans.
I am pleased.
Pleasant surprise- the Forward Sensing System was included (I did not get 360 Active which my order guide said was required). Also, the Advanced Security pack made the cut (I have read of recent exclusions)
I wish everyone the best and Happy New Year!

Ford F-150 King Ranch Club; Post Them Photos lr_DSCF9718-2

23f150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150
Picked up King Ranch standard with Powerboost today. 2WD, 7.2KW, 360 Assist and camera.
My first real truck- lots of Suburbans.
I am pleased.
Pleasant surprise- the Forward Sensing System was included (I did not get 360 Active which my order guide said was required). Also, the Advanced Security pack made the cut (I have read of recent exclusions)
I wish everyone the best and Happy New Year!

lr_DSCF9718-2.jpg
Was the security removal on your window sticker?

Sponsored

wrgrimes

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Was the security removal on your window sticker?
No.
I think I read some recent people got stickers for pending/new builds with expected Advanced Security absent.

Old Bear

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Information Technology
No.
I think I read some recent people got stickers for pending/new builds with expected Advanced Security absent.
Well, that rather sucks. I have a KR that was ordered 11/16 and is on a rail car now. BUT my window sticker has the Advanced Security deleted. That didn't bother me that much, but the deleted Heated Steering Wheel does.

wrgrimes

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well, that rather sucks. I have a KR that was ordered 11/16 and is on a rail car now. BUT my window sticker has the Advanced Security deleted. That didn't bother me that much, but the deleted Heated Steering Wheel does.
In Louisiana, we don’t need heated steering wheels. Heated seats come in handy as we never dress appropriately for the cold.

Old Bear

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Information Technology
In Louisiana, we don’t need heated steering wheels. Heated seats come in handy as we never dress appropriately for the cold.
And you define as "cold" somewhere around, what, 60 degrees or so? :D

BlueFalcon

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1972 Bronco, 2022 F-150 King Ranch
Just got my King Ranch and had it detailed and ceramic coated. Man that antimatter blue looks fantastic in the sun!
Ford F-150 King Ranch Club; Post Them Photos 219DDF66-6D33-43F5-AD65-63F6D5D8BE27
Sponsored