Sponsored

Kicker Key Harness

Jersey devil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT
Does anyone know of a vendor that sells the plug-n-play harness for a kicker 200.4 with our head units? I've seen posts about plugandplaykits.com but looks as though they could be hit or miss. Would prefer a vendor that has a "better" rep.

Thanks
Sponsored

Texas2022XLT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 302A
I’m interested in this as well. I was looking at plugnplay what issues have you seen with them? I’ve been waiting for the 200.4 to come back in stock on a few sites.

OP
OP
Jersey devil

Jersey devil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT
I’m interested in this as well. I was looking at plugnplay what issues have you seen with them? I’ve been waiting for the 200.4 to come back in stock on a few sites.
Most of the time they've been ok but the few times guys have had issues, not necessarily the vendor's fault, but they're quick to say it's not their problem must be how you installed it.

Allted

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 xlt
Occupation
Engineer
I have not seen this. Does this give us low level inputs or just easier to get to line level? I like my kicker hs10, but the adjustments seem a bit off or hard to adjust on line level.

OP
OP
Jersey devil

Jersey devil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT
The kicker key harness would plug directly into a kicker key amp. Makes the wiring easy. Other vendors also sell a harness where it'll give you either RCA or high level inputs for your amp. As long as your amp doesn't require a LOC you're good to go. The harness will also supply a return to plug into the factory harness for the speakers.

Sponsored

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Plugandnplay

dantheman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT powerboost
I have the plugnplay kit installed in my truck, both a 2004 and a HS10 sub. It worked perfectly and saved me a ton of time wiring my own stuff up.

OP
OP
Jersey devil

Jersey devil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT
Good to know, thanks bud. Is the kicker powered off the radio or did you run a seperate line for it. Also, how do you like that sub. Does it put out enough for you ?

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
The Hideaway just needs 12v, ground and signal, driver door speaker works for signal.

OP
OP
Jersey devil

Jersey devil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT
Seems as though it may be easier to run a 5 channel amp then ? Otherwise you’re still splicing off the front speakers for a signal to the hideaway or a sub amp. Thus the plugandplay needs additional work if you’re running a separate sub.

BTW, are the connectors for the harness up top behind the screen or are they below it where the radio controls are. How much work is it to get to them

Thanks

Sponsored

Capt Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat SUper Crew 500a 3.5 EB Max Tow
I have a plug-and-play kit. Kicker Key 200.4 and a Hideaway 10. I called the guy before ordering it because of some reviews and I think I had to pay for it through Facebook or something and I thought it was janky. He talked to be for a good bit. Later I had some setup issues and called him and he walked me through it. Been working good in my 2021 for about 18 months. At least with his kit the Key won’t tune with the center dash speaker still connected because it’s not on one of the amps channels. I tuned, reconnected and immediately disconnected it. Sounded better without it. The way the Key alters the sound projection it sounds like I have a center speaker with the vocals coming right from the middle of the truck, it’s pretty neat. I did upgrade the six factory speakers later.

OP
OP
Jersey devil

Jersey devil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT
So plugandplay was ok to deal with for you. How did you get signal to the Hideaway 10 ? Did he make a special harness that would include that ? Also, where are the connectors the harness plugs into. Up top behind the screen or below the screen behind the radio controls

Capt Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat SUper Crew 500a 3.5 EB Max Tow
So plugandplay was ok to deal with for you. How did you get signal to the Hideaway 10 ? Did he make a special harness that would include that ? Also, where are the connectors the harness plugs into. Up top behind the screen or below the screen behind the radio controls
He was straight with me, he was out of the Hideaways at the time so I got it on Amazon but he sent everything else. His package deal was less money than me buying it separately.
It was pretty easy all from the top, it was like three or four plugs, I think I had to remove a couple of brackets and one of the components but all from the top. Everything that you unplugged got plugged into the harness and the harness back to the unit. I just left the thing right there under the cover on top of the ac tube. He had amp wires already connected with enough footage to get to the back of the truck. I just had to run power to the battery.
Not going to win a competition with it but it is a pretty good loud stereo afterwards. Your mirrors will vibrate but not the car next to you.

LostBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White F150 XLT 5.0
Bruce with HushCarAudio also makes a plug and play harness. I just got through ordering a bunch of equipment from him. He will taylor your harness how you want it. For instance, i asked him to include provisioning for subs later down the road so he tied that in for me.

He has a great reputation on many forums. He's answered all of my questions along the way, through emails and over the phone.

OP
OP
Jersey devil

Jersey devil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT
I ordered thru plugnplaykits.com based on recommendations from members here as well from the "other" sites. They were great to deal with, shipped all items the same day, received it in 2 days, and answered all my questions right away. Would recommend them to anyone looking for a plug and play kit.
Sponsored