Sponsored

Keypad/ Keyless lockpad appreciation thread.

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
So like probably 90% of F150 owners, I didnt care about the Keyless lockpad at all. I didnt quite bother to learn it and would use it maybe twice just to use it. However, last weekend I was in a small lake resort with some friends. Since the small cabins we were renting couldnt be locked, most of our important things were in the trucks (guns, wallets, phones), and we had to hide our keys. Anyways, it was a pain to go find our keys every time we wished to open our vehicles, so I took my 5 braincells and forced them to memorize the code and wow! Such a game changer, being able to unlock the vehicle on demand without having to go out of my way to get my keys was just unreliably convenient. Anyways, thank you Ford!
Sponsored

Itsjustmd

First Name
Jayce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
You know, you don't have to memorize the code it comes with. You can create your own too if you wish.

OP
OP
ZWARRIOR

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
You know, you don't have to memorize the code it comes with. You can create your own too if you wish.
Easier to memorize it than figure it out in a place without internet, with boats and jetskis calling my name :)

Chewza

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 AMB Plat PB
Easier to memorize it than figure it out in a place without internet, with boats and jetskis calling my name :)
I found it easier to set my own pin through the sync screen rather than memorize the factory code but that's just me :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
ZWARRIOR

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
I found it easier to set my own pin through the sync screen rather than memorize the factory code but that's just me :ROFLMAO:
Honestly that would have been the best thing to do, but my dumbass didnt realize i woud actually need to memorize it

Sponsored

Aamyotte

First Name
Alain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
The best vehicle option out there!! I never have my keys on me when at home. My Expedition had it, was so useful to get in the vehicle when I don't have my keys on me. My current leased vehicle (non Ford) obviously doesn't have that feature. My next vehicle will be a Ford and must have that as an option.

Vspec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT PB SC LWB
Dumb question here, how can I lock from the key pad? I can un-lock at will but I have to press the lock button from inside the truck in the door.

OP
OP
ZWARRIOR

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Dumb question here, how can I lock from the key pad? I can un-lock at will but I have to press the lock button from inside the truck in the door.
press 7-8 and 9-0 at the same time

imgone10

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 FJ Cruiser, 15 TRD Pro 4Runner, 2021 Lariat.
Occupation
Construction / US Army 84-96
Or just hit the lock button before you close the door.

Slappy McGee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
I’m really excited about this feature. I do a lot of trail running and sweat, shall we say, violently, so I hate to keep my key fob on my for fear of drowning it and breaking it, so I usually have to remember to bring a plastic baggie. Plus, keys are usually surprisingly heavy and an “unpleasant” shape to carry. Being able to stash it in the glovebox and use the keypad on return is going to be great.

imgone10

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 FJ Cruiser, 15 TRD Pro 4Runner, 2021 Lariat.
Occupation
Construction / US Army 84-96
I’m really excited about this feature. I do a lot of trail running and sweat, shall we say, violently, so I hate to keep my key fob on my for fear of drowning it and breaking it, so I usually have to remember to bring a plastic baggie. Plus, keys are usually surprisingly heavy and an “unpleasant” shape to carry. Being able to stash it in the glovebox and use the keypad on return is going to be great.
The problem with this is if anyone breaks in your truck. it is gone. all they need to do is hit the button. Do yourself a favor and buy a faraday bag to put the keys in and hide in the truck. At least it may take they a while to find it. Most thieves just do a quick smash and grab and won't spend time hunting for a hidden bag.
Sponsored