Kansas City plant are they up and running

mschiraldi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport 2.7 SCREW
For any of those curious, I followed up with my dealer today. My Primary status is "In production" and secondary is "Sent to Plant". Status Date/Time says "Aug-17-2021" with start and end date ETA as "TBD". I have had a window sticker since Aug 19th and blend on the sticker is 8/24 #4479. No information on a new build date whatsoever so maybe I'm on the line? @BlackKnight21 you get any updates?
Sponsored

mschiraldi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport 2.7 SCREW
Thank you @Bill_R for sharing! Reposting for the group following general KCAP activities.
Ford F-150 Kansas City plant are they up and running 1631324004089

lewie_d

First Name
LewLoc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT Lead Foot 302A High Package
Occupation
Driver
i wonder would I go back to a 9/20 build week even though I was pushed back to 11/1/2021 ?

BlackKnight21

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L V8
Occupation
Correction Officer I
For any of those curious, I followed up with my dealer today. My Primary status is "In production" and secondary is "Sent to Plant". Status Date/Time says "Aug-17-2021" with start and end date ETA as "TBD". I have had a window sticker since Aug 19th and blend on the sticker is 8/24 #4479. No information on a new build date whatsoever so maybe I'm on the line? @BlackKnight21 you get any updates?
Nothing yet, still showing in production. Hopefully a update by the middle of the week.

BlackKnight21

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Correction Officer I
Nothing yet, still showing in production. Hopefully a update by the middle of the week.

Got a hold of FP today after work, still showing in production,

FP: Anthony at 16:07, Sep 14:
Your F-150 is in production. I do not show an ETA to dealer as of yet.

Then I Asked; Any idea when it might be built when plant opens back up on Monday? I have a sequence number 3063.

FP: Anthony at 16:13, Sep 14:
I do not have any information on plant operations or scheduling (just tracking and status). I would not be able to answer that for you. I would just check back with us in a week and we can check to see if it is released and waiting for a shipping assignment.

I was told by FP that my blend date was 8/23 and been showing in production ever since.
So, anyone that’s in production since the last shutdown (8/23), I guess we’re in the blind production build status and have to wait until next week to see when we get actually built.

Sponsored

stangsandatruck

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 F150 XLT 302A
Occupation
Software Engineer
Got a hold of FP today after work, still showing in production,

FP: Anthony at 16:07, Sep 14:
Your F-150 is in production. I do not show an ETA to dealer as of yet.

Then I Asked; Any idea when it might be built when plant opens back up on Monday? I have a sequence number 3063.

FP: Anthony at 16:13, Sep 14:
I do not have any information on plant operations or scheduling (just tracking and status). I would not be able to answer that for you. I would just check back with us in a week and we can check to see if it is released and waiting for a shipping assignment.

I was told by FP that my blend date was 8/23 and been showing in production ever since.
So, anyone that’s in production since the last shutdown (8/23), I guess we’re in the blind production build status and have to wait until next week to see when we get actually built.
Once a truck is sent to the plant, the dealers lose any details that occur while inside the plant. There’s got to be a system that is internal to manufacturing that would be able to tell which station the truck is located at. FP is limited to what dealers can see so that is why it appears blind. In normal times it wouldn’t matter much, but with all this start and stop and past blend dates it would be nice to know approximately when it gets built or where it stands in line.

BlackKnight21

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Correction Officer I
Going to wait until Wednesday after work and get a hold of FP for an update, KCAP Sequence number 3063. ?

Been in production since 8/23 blend according to FP. So I should be on the line.

Djlee1592

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
industrial mechanic
For the folks who don't have their trucks yet but have a window sticker, can you see the sticker using this forums tracker? I used to be able to see mine but now it says not released. But I can see it on the Ford site tracker. Curious if it's just me.

stangsandatruck

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
For the folks who don't have their trucks yet but have a window sticker, can you see the sticker using this forums tracker? I used to be able to see mine but now it says not released. But I can see it on the Ford site tracker. Curious if it's just me.
I can still see mine. Just checked and it popped right up. It did disappear for a day or 2 last week, but now its back again. I think the window stickers may not be hosted on all of Ford's servers and if you're unlucky you hit one of them when looking it up.

trapperman

First Name
Theron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 f150
Occupation
retired ford millwright
Going to wait until Wednesday after work and get a hold of FP for an update, KCAP Sequence number 3063. ?

Been in production since 8/23 blend according to FP. So I should be on the line.
I was thinking similar , I will try and see if anyone knows anything around the middle of the week.
mine was 8/20 build 1436, so we are probably on the line together.
I will keep fingers crossed that we get built and have chips installed.

I have a xl with hdpp and max tow, 5.0 in race red. ordered 2/26 to replace lease in june

Sponsored

BlackKnight21

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Correction Officer I
I was thinking similar , I will try and see if anyone knows anything around the middle of the week.
mine was 8/20 build 1436, so we are probably on the line together.
I will keep fingers crossed that we get built and have chips installed.

I have a xl with hdpp and max tow, 5.0 in race red. ordered 2/26 to replace lease in june

Ordered 3/1, VIN 3/12, Priority 11
KCAP Build

4X4 LARIAT SCREW 502A High 5.0 Coyote V8 Agate Black Sport Appearance FX4 Max Tow Package Trailer Tow Mirrors w/BLISS Electric Up & Down Remote Power Tailgate w/step Interior Work Surface (BlueCruise) Ford Co-Pilot360 Active 2.0 Prep Active Park Assist 2.0 Twin Panel Moonroof Wheel Well Liners 18” 6-Spoke Gloss Black Wheels B&O Unleashed 18 speakers Pro Power Onboard 2KW Running Boards.

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
"I think" if Ford's sock holders had ANY IDEA how completely fcuked up Ford's entire management team was, the board of directors would be swinging from nooses in Detroit's Grand Circus Park!
As a stick holder, we are in unprecedented times across global supply chains. Ford is doing awesome from a revenue and profit perspective, though they are definitely struggling with builds.

my build went from 10/4 to 11/8 and now 11/22. Not super pumped about it.

JayceeP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Man, sad to see the saga continue…. what a year to order a truck. Hang in there guys.

stangsandatruck

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Today I had an update. This morning I went to my FordPass app and remote started my current vehicle, and it defaulted to the truck and there was no information available. This afternoon, I went to do the same thing and now it shows an activation button. It immediately times out, but they must have a module in the truck to report that you can attempt to activate FordPass.

08/19 build 1137 sequence.
Sponsored