First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
industrial mechanic
It's like deja vu from when KC opened up back in June. Trying to chase blend dates and guess when it'll get built. It worked for us back then so you're probably right. Now hopefully it won't take your trucks 3 weeks to go from in production to built
Sponsored

stangsandatruck

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 F150 XLT 302A
Occupation
Software Engineer
I heard that they built 300 trucks last Monday before shutting down and stopped around blend 1200. I have a blend of 3063 and still in production when I checked last Friday. I’m expecting to get built around Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday morning, hopefully ?.
My blend was 1137, and everything that I have seen on palsapp the blend numbers were less than 1000. The highest I have seen were in the mid 900s and they shipped a few days ago.

ib_jigged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, 2013 Edge Limited, 2019 Expedition
Doesn't look like KC will be running again next week! :mad:

Ford F-150 Kansas City plant are they up and running 1630522638495

mschiraldi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport 2.7 SCREW
Gut-wrenching

Seavee33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'13 F-150, Ordered 2021 Lariat
Occupation
Electrician/ Project Manager
Whelp.... Time to see what's on the lot. 6+ months waiting and I'm done after this last notice.

Sponsored

ib_jigged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just realized since I placed my order KCAP has been shutdown 9 of the 16 weeks since then. I am guessing I will not see this truck at all!

mschiraldi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Anyone previously scheduled for the dates of this latest shutdown get an updated build date? I was scheduled to day 8/24 and have been “in production”. My dealer reached out to his regional contact and they we’re only able to say “Order 0513 F150: was sent to plant but not yet produced; will get an updated build date for ETA” This was last Wednesday, no updates yet.

First Ford Foray

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Camry SE
Just realized since I placed my order KCAP has been shutdown 9 of the 16 weeks since then. I am guessing I will not see this truck at all!
Get ready for 2022, Sept 15th they allegedly update the website.

BlackKnight21

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L V8
Occupation
Correction Officer I
Anyone previously scheduled for the dates of this latest shutdown get an updated build date? I was scheduled to day 8/24 and have been “in production”. My dealer reached out to his regional contact and they we’re only able to say “Order 0513 F150: was sent to plant but not yet produced; will get an updated build date for ETA” This was last Wednesday, no updates yet.
Hi there; my order date was 3/1, vin3/12 KCAP build, you could say We’re in the same boat, so this is what I know so far and figured out with all the reading of these forums. At Ford Performance Chat Jeremy told me ;
Jeremy at 14:24, Aug 19: It looks like your order was updated on August 16th, it states in production. But the scheduled build day is set to August 23rd. The following Friday FP said I was still in production.

Some information prior to the shutdown; PoperCrab had a sequence number 7929 and he was built on 8/21. On Monday (day of shutdown) they built around 300 trucks before shutting down and stopped somewhere around sequence number 900. When the line is running normal, they can build about 1,000 trucks a day with all 3 shifts running.

1) since I still have a window sticker, it hasn’t disappeared and the only thing that has changed on it is the date on the bottom which is just updating (updates once a week) which 2) could only mean one thing that makes since is that the line is probably loaded with the truck parts for the build for when they start back up. If it wasn’t, my window sticker would have disappeared and got a rescheduled build date. As of today, I still have a window sticker.

So with some of my calculations, fingers crossed, and some guess work; my sequence number is 3063, if they stopped production around sequence 900, if my parts are on the line, I’m guessing I’ll be built around Tuesday and Wednesday when they start back up on Monday.

I guess no one will know anything until the line starts back up.

mschiraldi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hi there; my order date was 3/1, vin3/12 KCAP build, you could say We’re in the same boat, so this is what I know so far and figured out with all the reading of these forums. At Ford Performance Chat Jeremy told me ;
Jeremy at 14:24, Aug 19: It looks like your order was updated on August 16th, it states in production. But the scheduled build day is set to August 23rd. The following Friday FP said I was still in production.

Some information prior to the shutdown; PoperCrab had a sequence number 7929 and he was built on 8/21. On Monday (day of shutdown) they built around 300 trucks before shutting down and stopped somewhere around sequence number 900. When the line is running normal, they can build about 1,000 trucks a day with all 3 shifts running.

1) since I still have a window sticker, it hasn’t disappeared and the only thing that has changed on it is the date on the bottom which is just updating (updates once a week) which 2) could only mean one thing that makes since is that the line is probably loaded with the truck parts for the build for when they start back up. If it wasn’t, my window sticker would have disappeared and got a rescheduled build date. As of today, I still have a window sticker.

So with some of my calculations, fingers crossed, and some guess work; my sequence number is 3063, if they stopped production around sequence 900, if my parts are on the line, I’m guessing I’ll be built around Tuesday and Wednesday when they start back up on Monday.

I guess no one will know anything until the line starts back up.
Thank you for sharing and sorry this is taking so long for you. Sucks to see guys out there with March orders still waiting.
I still have a window sticker as well which updated Thursday (9/2). Optimistic I will be built soon after reopening of KCAP. Blend is 8/24 #4479.

Sponsored

BlackKnight21

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L V8
Occupation
Correction Officer I
Thank you for sharing and sorry this is taking so long for you. Sucks to see guys out there with March orders still waiting.
I still have a window sticker as well which updated Thursday (9/2). Optimistic I will be built soon after reopening of KCAP. Blend is 8/24 #4479.
Your only 1,416 trucks behind me which is about a day and a half. I just hope that they start back up on Monday.

ib_jigged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yep, Ford Performance chat gave me a new build date of 9-20. Crossing my fingers this onw sticks!

Seavee33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'13 F-150, Ordered 2021 Lariat
Occupation
Electrician/ Project Manager
So backed out of my order and settled for something on the lot.
Sucks but i can't keep waiting and seeing everyone who's ordered way after me get their trucks while i still wait in "order processing"
At least i was able to use the PCO and 0% before it expires.
Good luck to the rest of you but given my situation i couldn't wait longer.

Djlee1592

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
industrial mechanic
So backed out of my order and settled for something on the lot.
Sucks but i can't keep waiting and seeing everyone who's ordered way after me get their trucks while i still wait in "order processing"
At least i was able to use the PCO and 0% before it expires.
Good luck to the rest of you but given my situation i couldn't wait longer.
Let's see it!
Sponsored