Kansas City plant are they up and running

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
You have the same color piping that the Lariat Sport has. The was NO Red for 2021. I saw both at my local dealer when they first started delivering them last year and I was shocked. Sent this to my buddy who owns dealer to confirm that this was the only Lariat Sport interior available.
Yeah it was different than the sport when I looked side by side, maybe the one I looked at was a fluke or maybe my memory is shot lol.
Sponsored

Seavee33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'13 F-150, Ordered 2021 Lariat
Occupation
Electrician/ Project Manager
I just read on a FB post that KC is shutting down for the week of 8/23. Can someone confirm this?

ib_jigged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, 2013 Edge Limited, 2023 Explorer ST
I just read on a FB post that KC is shutting down for the week of 8/23. Can someone confirm this?
I sure hope this isn't true!
Ford F-150 Kansas City plant are they up and running 1629332094431

Still waiting for my 5-13 order to be built!

Seavee33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'13 F-150, Ordered 2021 Lariat
Occupation
Electrician/ Project Manager

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hopefully it’s not true but sadly wouldn’t be surprised.

Dang, I was really hoping shutdowns were behind us. I understand it won’t be normal anytime soon but full shutdown sucks.

Sponsored

DarkHorseF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
Does anyone know how long it takes to build the truck from the blend date? Really hope I don't get affected by the shut down, since my blend date was 8/17...

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Does anyone know how long it takes to build the truck from the blend date? Really hope I don't get affected by the shut down, since my blend date was 8/17...
It varies right now. No outside options to install and no issues: potentially as fast as same or next day. Outside options typically seem to add 2-3 days. Then sometimes trucks randomly start a day or two after blend then end up taking two weeks even without options that need it to go out for (that was my case)

Last edited:

stangsandatruck

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 F150 XLT 302A
Occupation
Software Engineer
https://www.reuters.com/business/au...uck-plant-week-over-chip-shortage-2021-08-18/

Sadly, it is true. Any trucks that are being built this week should be finished by Monday, as before any KC trucks that had build dates before the shutdown were completed. I have my build date tomorrow, I hope it's at the end of the line by late Friday and shipped soon after. Looks like from the note they will still ship built trucks, they just will not build them.

JeffC57

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F-150 Lariat Sport 4x4 SCab, '18 Linc MKZ Hyb
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
https://www.reuters.com/business/au...uck-plant-week-over-chip-shortage-2021-08-18/

Sadly, it is true. Any trucks that are being built this week should be finished by Monday, as before any KC trucks that had build dates before the shutdown were completed. I have my build date tomorrow, I hope it's at the end of the line by late Friday and shipped soon after. Looks like from the note they will still ship built trucks, they just will not build them.
Mine was built the week before the last (7/12) shutdown. It had a blend date of 7/9, sequence 0183 and a production date of 7/11. It was shown as built in the trackers on 7/13. I had no post assembly line goodies like bed liners or covers. So there's hope for those that have KC blend dates late this week.

Sponsored

bratliff3

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 2.7L 302A
Occupation
Engineer

What’s your sequence number? Mine is 0532 with blend date of 8/19. Also hoping it makes it out before shutdown.

stangsandatruck

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
What’s your sequence number? Mine is 0532 with blend date of 8/19. Also hoping it makes it out before shutdown.
I am following 3 trucks that had 8/18 - 8/19 blend dates - since they were local to me.

Mine: 1137
Red XLT: 0359
Gray XL: 7795 (8/18)

My truck is at the same dealer as the Gray XL, chatted with dealer this morning and his system said that the gray truck was built, and mine would most likely switch to that status late today or early tomorrow. It can take 2 or 3 days for the trackers to update, so if its not updating by Tuesday or so, I am gonna reach out and see where it stands in the dealers system.

I would imagine they are gonna finish the trucks that are running down the line right now, since the parts are there and were 'blended.' I'd imagine the way the letter is written if they have a few stragglers Monday morning, they will be completed and sent out the door.

stangsandatruck

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
I am following 3 trucks that had 8/18 - 8/19 blend dates - since they were local to me.

Mine: 1137
Red XLT: 0359
Gray XL: 7795 (8/18)

My truck is at the same dealer as the Gray XL, chatted with dealer this morning and his system said that the gray truck was built, and mine would most likely switch to that status late today or early tomorrow. It can take 2 or 3 days for the trackers to update, so if its not updating by Tuesday or so, I am gonna reach out and see where it stands in the dealers system.

I would imagine they are gonna finish the trucks that are running down the line right now, since the parts are there and were 'blended.' I'd imagine the way the letter is written if they have a few stragglers Monday morning, they will be completed and sent out the door.
Updates:

The gray (8/18) truck was shipped late last night, and by looking at some of the other freight sheets, the 8/19 trucks started shipping at about the same time. There was a bunch that were being sent to Canada, so if anyone had a Canadian truck built this week, there are a bunch that were sent to the train station today.

bratliff3

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 2.7L 302A
Occupation
Engineer
Updates:

The gray (8/18) truck was shipped late last night, and by looking at some of the other freight sheets, the 8/19 trucks started shipping at about the same time. There was a bunch that were being sent to Canada, so if anyone had a Canadian truck built this week, there are a bunch that were sent to the train station today.
That’s good information, my trackers have been down today but haven’t shown any movement. Still no ETA end date so I assume it hasn’t been built but this gives me some hope. We’ll see what the tracker says tomorrow. Let me know if you see anything else happen.

JayceeP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Picking up my truck tomorrow. It shipped on July 31 and got to our local auto port/distribution facility here in Nova Scotia on Aug 11th (really fast!) and sat there until today (unreal) when it arrived on the dealer lot. Quite frustrating as that terminal is only a 7-10 minute drive from the dealership lol. I’ll send a pic tomorrow but this 6-month journey is finally at its end. This thread has quieted down quite a bit as more members get their trucks. Thanks for all of the camaraderie guys- it’s been a ride.
Sponsored