Sponsored

Kansas City plant are they up and running

Antimatter Tremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
For drop-in bed liners? Seems odd those would be in short supply.

Supply chains are messed up all over the world. Spray in and drop in bed liners are 2 of the things that are holding up a lot of orders because the materials are in short supply. And ALL auto manufacturers (and aftermarket) are after the same things. Plus, with the shortage of vehicles on the lots, it makes sense why there's no drop in bed liners available. They all got used up on the vehicles that were sitting on the lots that got sold. Dealers and "the factory" drop in bed liners get them from the same source.
Sponsored

85Mustangman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Supercab/ 6.5 box, 2.7, 302A, Antimatter
Occupation
Retired
Supply chains are messed up all over the world. Spray in and drop in bed liners are 2 of the things that are holding up a lot of orders because the materials are in short supply. And ALL auto manufacturers (and aftermarket) are after the same things. Plus, with the shortage of vehicles on the lots, it makes sense why there's no drop in bed liners available. They all got used up on the vehicles that were sitting on the lots that got sold. Dealers and "the factory" drop in bed liners get them from the same source.
Agree wholeheartedly Tremor, not only messed up, but unintended consequences abound. Earlier this week we saw paint issues due to pigment shortages. I’m inclined to think it’s not a shortage of pigments so much as difficulties in shipping them from China where most pigments are made. The continuing oceanic shipping problems and port limitations means disfunctional supply chains.
A good deal of the plastic pellets and fillers (used to thermoform the bed liners) may similarly be held up by shipping of raw materials from China.

Antimatter Tremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Agree wholeheartedly Tremor, not only messed up, but unintended consequences abound. Earlier this week we saw paint issues due to pigment shortages. I’m inclined to think it’s not a shortage of pigments so much as difficulties in shipping them from China where most pigments are made. The continuing oceanic shipping problems and port limitations means disfunctional supply chains.
A good deal of the plastic pellets and fillers (used to thermoform the bed liners) may similarly be held up by shipping of raw materials from China.
Yep.

What a lot of people also don't realize is petroleum products are also used in the manufacturing of plastics. And when you have dummies in office that want to shut down pipelines, it not only has effects on the production and supply of diesel and gasoline, but MANY other things as well. Same with spray in bed liner materials.

Djlee1592

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
industrial mechanic
My truck is at 10 days awaiting shipment today. Was delivered to the wade lot on the 16th and nothing since then. Not sure if it's just not updating or it just a waiting game

RJL1400

First Name
Big Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
formerly had 2008 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
retired
I also am a 3/31 confirmed date scheduled (3 pushbacks) to the week of 8/17. Still no window sticker. Some here have said that's because they issue them the week before they are built, however, so many have gotten their stickers right away so I am wondering what the hold up is with mine.

Sponsored

Bri83oct

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
My truck is at 10 days awaiting shipment today. Was delivered to the wade lot on the 16th and nothing since then. Not sure if it's just not updating or it just a waiting game
I feel ya buddy. I'm at 15 days at the Awaiting Shipment stage. Was delivered to the ENTERPRISE LOT on the 23rd so it's moving somewhere.

Djlee1592

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
industrial mechanic
I feel ya buddy. I'm at 15 days at the Awaiting Shipment stage. Was delivered to the ENTERPRISE LOT on the 23rd so it's moving somewhere.
Well that doesn’t give me hope. If it ain’t one thing it’s the other lol

Seavee33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'13 F-150, Ordered 2021 Lariat
Occupation
Electrician/ Project Manager
I also am a 3/31 confirmed date scheduled (3 pushbacks) to the week of 8/17. Still no window sticker. Some here have said that's because they issue them the week before they are built, however, so many have gotten their stickers right away so I am wondering what the hold up is with mine.
Your are a week before me and in a very similar situation.

Djlee1592

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
industrial mechanic
Now on palsapp my truck is pending a trip to the Renaissance yard in Louisville KY. Anyone ls truck been there?

Sponsored

JeffC57

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F-150 Lariat Sport 4x4 SCab, '18 Linc MKZ Hyb
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
So my KC 7/11 build arrived at the dealer today! No indication on the Ford trackers that it was delivered. I found out by checking palsapp this morning which showed it delivered to the dealer. The lesson from my experience is to check all tracking apps once your truck is built. I'm thinking that right now, the Ford tracking system doesn't update as often as we'd like it to.
I was out for a bike ride & couldn't resist sneaking a peak at my new truck. After check and prep by the dealer it's off to the Line-X shop.
Ford F-150 Kansas City plant are they up and running IMG_1677

jcarrico

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So my KC 7/11 build arrived at the dealer today! No indication on the Ford trackers that it was delivered. I found out by checking palsapp this morning which showed it delivered to the dealer. The lesson from my experience is to check all tracking apps once your truck is built. I'm thinking that right now, the Ford tracking system doesn't update as often as we'd like it to.
I was out for a bike ride & couldn't resist sneaking a peak at my new truck. After check and prep by the dealer it's off to the Line-X shop.
IMG_1677.jpg
Great looking truck! Would you mind to give us a screenshot of the Ford tracker when you have a moment?

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
Congrats! Was your truck only carried by convoy or did it go by rail? I’m trying to figure out if after the rail portion it will show up on palsapp again.
Sponsored